Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 11:43 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,284 times

Advertisements

It's awesome how Trump is almost always right. The media bashes him for days them it turns out he was right

Time to implement national Voter ID laws! Of dems think black people are too stupid or lazy to get an ID, we start a govt subsidized system to get these people an ID.

Problem solved and everybody happy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 11:46 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Why does he care? He won!
Technically...Not yet. Just probably.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:48 PM

Trump won in a landslide victory. 306 to 232. A historic victory which will be studied for generations to come.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:51 PM

979 posts, read 490,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
It's awesome how Trump is almost always right. The media bashes him for days them it turns out he was right

Time to implement national Voter ID laws! Of dems think black people are too stupid or lazy to get an ID, we start a govt subsidized system to get these people an ID.

Problem solved and everybody happy!
As long as my state continues to let us vote by mail, I don't care if other states wants to make it so the voters have to show their IDs to vote. All that is going to do is shrink the number of voters. That will create more problems because that would mean more people would be going without representation because of a small group of people selecting who represents everyone.

Quote:
Trump won in a landslide victory. 306 to 232. A historic victory which will be studied for generations to come.
It will be studied, but probably not for the reasons you are thinking.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
As long as my state continues to let us vote by mail, I don't care if other states wants to make it so the voters have to show their IDs to vote. All that is going to do is shrink the number of voters. That will create more problems because that would mean more people would be going without representation because of a small group of people selecting who represents everyone.

It will change. It's much too easy to fraud. All it takes is one fradulent vote to nullify the vote of a real person who stood in line for hours to exercise their right.

There have been multiple cases of counties votes exceeding the number of registered voters. That is not representation of the people, that is fraud.

Old 11-28-2016, 12:06 AM

Quote:
It will change. It's much too easy to fraud. All it takes is one fradulent vote to nullify the vote of a real person who stood in line for hours to exercise their right.

There have been multiple cases of counties votes exceeding the number of registered voters. That is not representation of the people, that is fraud.
Fraudulent voting is more likely to happen on the collecting side rather than on the voter side. The chances that someone is going to wait in a long line just to cast an illegal vote is extremely rare and a waste of time. So do what you want in your state, but don't ever think about taking away mail in voting in my state.

Old 11-28-2016, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Fraudulent voting is more likely to happen on the collecting side rather than on the voter side. The chances that someone is going to wait in a long line just to cast an illegal vote is extremely rare and a waste of time. So do what you want in your state, but don't ever think about taking away mail in voting in my state.
What is keeping a person from opening the white pages and filling out a stack of ballots?

Let me ask, do you support national regulations on things like gun control?

Old 11-28-2016, 12:13 AM

Quote:
What is keeping a person from opening the white pages and filling out a stack of ballots?

Let me ask, do you support national regulations on things like gun control?
Well since mail in ballots don't work that way in my state, that isn't an issue. You can't just get a stack of ballots to fill out, your ballot is mailed to you, and you only get one.

As for your gun control question, the answer is yes and no, there are some things when it comes to gun control I think should be done at a national level, and other things where state level is just fine.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:23 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:

Voting by mail is a recipe for fraud. It shouldn't be allowed. I'm sure it was a Democrat idea.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:26 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
How long do you think lines are? Good grief, as long as I have been voting, back in San Diego and here in Ohio, I have never had to wait in a long line to vote. Maybe a few people ahead of me, and that's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections