Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 06:53 PM

7,516 posts, read 5,761,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Donald Trump falsely claims 'millions of people who voted illegally' cost him popular vote - CNNPolitics.com

Wonderful, Trump apparently gets his news from conspiracy websites, the next four years should be really fun.
Tell you what, I'll go into California. I'll pull everyone's drivers licenses and cross check their citizenship. Then I'll verify that against the voter rolls. If I don't get 2 million illegals registered to and that have voted you win. If I win I get to bring in enough buses to send everyone of them back to
Mexico or where ever the hell they came from.

They are absolutely welcome to come back if they follow the immigration process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 07:15 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,405,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, please! Are you serious? Surely you must be kidding! There have been many, many documented cases of voter fraud in the past, and ACORN (Obama's friends) was one of the chief perpetrators!

At this point, I'll just take Trump's word for whatever he alleges until the WikiLeaks comes out to once again prove he was right all along.

Hey OP, CNN?

Seriously?

Old 11-28-2016, 07:17 PM

979 posts, read 491,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
At this point, I'll just take Trump's word for whatever he alleges until the WikiLeaks comes out to once again prove he was right all along.

Hey OP, CNN?

Seriously?
Since Trump is claiming there was massive voter fraud, shouldn't you be in support of any recounts to catch this voter fraud?

Old 11-28-2016, 08:18 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,405,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Since Trump is claiming there was massive voter fraud, shouldn't you be in support of any recounts to catch this voter fraud?

What would change?

The popular vote?

Old 11-28-2016, 08:21 PM

35,739 posts, read 21,093,433 times
Quote:
We do have to sign our ballots that we mail in, which makes sense. Though I do have a few different signatures, though for things like voting, I always use my more formal signature.
If they don't match they contact you

Old 11-28-2016, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What would change?

The popular vote?
So you don't care about voter fraud? So what is it, is massive voter fraud a real concern for you or not?

Old 11-28-2016, 10:53 PM

7,186 posts, read 4,772,569 times
He just can't stand not winning everything.

He's president.

That thin skin again and the childish temperament are getting really boring

Old 11-29-2016, 03:55 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,092,930 times
Quote:
You do realize the voting booth doesn't have your picture on file, if you show up with a fake ID, you could still vote in person.
I don't know about your state but my state has gone to great lengths to combat fraudulent ID's and you can teach a five year old kid how to spot one in about 10 seconds. See the picture below, the two black and white keystones will shift colors depending on the angle. I have yet to see fake ID's that duplicate this.

In addition to that let's move voting into the 21 century. With the implementation of voter ID you can scrap the archaic registration sytem and have card readers and screens for the poll workers where your picture magically appears on their screen. That eliminates all possibility of someone using a fraudulent ID obtained from third party and would speed up the process of voting considerably.

Matter of fact here in PA one thing they do to combat fraudulent ID's is "fingerprint" your face using facial recognition technology. It's hard but not impossible to obtain a fraudulent ID but you are not going to get another one and you just precluded yourself from getting legitimate one. You wouldn't even need a poll worker but instead a card reader and camera in the voting booth.

Isn't technology grand? Stop thinking last century and start thinking this century. Photo ID opens up many possibilities.

Old 11-29-2016, 12:55 PM

That's cool for you and your state, that still doesn't change the fact that we will continue to do mail in ballots as a way to vote in Oregon because it increases voter participation, and we have had no major issue with fraud, and the few cases of fraud that come up all get fully investigated.

Old 11-29-2016, 01:29 PM

776 posts, read 747,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Donald Trump falsely claims 'millions of people who voted illegally' cost him popular vote - CNNPolitics.com

Wonderful, Trump apparently gets his news from conspiracy websites, the next four years should be really fun.
Trump Is Right

"Specifically, the authors say that illegals may have cast as many as 2.8 million votes in 2008 and 2010. That's a lot of votes. And when you consider the population of illegal inhabitants has only grown since then, it's not unreasonable to suppose that their vote has, too.
Critics note that a Harvard team in 2015 had responded to the study, calling it "biased." But that report included this gem: "Further, the likely percent of noncitizen voters in recent U.S. elections is 0." "

Seriously Harvard team?

California, Illinois and New York have no voter ID laws on the books. Hello! To say that non citizens don't vote is absurd.

11 out of the 12 states that allow illegals to posses a drivers license voted democrat this election.

7 states have strict voter ID laws. 25 states have non strict ID laws. 18 states have no such laws.

There is an estimated 10 million illegals over the age of 18 in the US.

So yes it's possible and quite honestly very likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections