Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 03:10 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,092,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
I must have missed those headlines. Can you provide a link so I can read the report?
I already provided it to you in a previous thread where you were questioning me.

Board of Elections slams investigators who posed as dead people - NY Daily News

They were just investigators, no fraud actually occurred is the next argument?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 04:20 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,327,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Notice the source of this story she's reporting: The Associated Press. I'm not a follower of Infowars.com, so I hadn't seen this, but I'd say this story is pretty accurate, based on what we already know. This reporter does not sound like a "looney tunes" to me either. She is simply reading a report.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The difference is that our current POTUS does not make unsourced claims he pulled from "Occupy Democrats" and other fake news sources. We do have journalists, but we also have large portions of the population who believe everything they read because they either don't know or don't care what constitutes a verifiable source.
He doesn't? Obama does not make "unsourced claims?" Really? I think most "fake news" comes from the Democrat side. "Fake News" = propaganda, which Democrats have always used.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Did you see the talk you are referring to. Obama was NOT encouraging an illegal immigrant to vote. The
person he was encouraging to vote was a legal immigrant who was afraid that if she voted, immigration officials might try to deport her family (who might have been here illegally). What Obama said was that she did not need to fear that because her voting would be secret. While he certainly would have preferred that she vote for Hillary, he never actually said that either.

You make up things that did not happen.
Well, thanks for providing the proper context. Perhaps I didn't understand. Even so, I know the Democrats want illegals to vote to boost their numbers. That isn't a secret.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:26 PM

3,515 posts, read 7,787,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Why does he care? He won!
It's his ego, he can't handle that he won by the Electoral College, not the popular vote too. He's Narcissistic.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:26 PM

979 posts, read 491,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Again if you are not positively identifying the voter for all forms of voting there is no way for you to determine the extent of fraud. This like telling a cop not to watch a stop sign and then declaring no one went through stop sign because no tickets were issued.
Your signature positively identifies the voter. This isn't that complicated, we are mailed a ballot, we fill out the ballot, we sign and mail it back. The signature is matched to the one on file, that is all that is needed. When you show your ID when voting in person, there is no photo database that they match your picture to to make sure you are who you say you are.

Are you saying no one stops for stop signs when there isn't an officer present?

Old 11-29-2016, 06:35 PM

3,515 posts, read 7,787,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Trump is setting the stage for 2020 - the man is far from stupid. He knows that if he can further de-legitimize the American election process here in 2016, he's got a good chance of stealing a second term.
After he finishes wrecking the economy over the next 4 years, he will not get a second term, he'll be lucky to finish his first term without getting impeached if he's lucky.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:56 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,092,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Your signature positively identifies the voter.
Then how did 61 out 63 people manage to vote in NYC under names that were not theirs?

Quote:
This isn't that complicated, we are mailed a ballot, we fill out the ballot, we sign and mail it back. The signature is matched to the one on file, that is all that is needed.
You seem to be concerned about fraudulent use of ID's that is difficult at best but are more than willing to put your faith in signatures that are easily forged and requires nothing more than a pen.

Quote:
When you show your ID when voting in person, there is no photo database that they match your picture to to make sure you are who you say you are.
LOL, the database is standing in front of them. As I posted earlier stop thinking so last century, the acahic voting process can be greatly improved with voter ID starting with card readers and screens their desk so they can have picture match. One on the card, one on the screen and one standing in front of them.

Quote:
Are you saying no one stops for stop signs when there isn't an officer present?
Sure they do but we aren't concerned about the people that stop, it's the ones that don't stop we are concerned about and if don't have the means to identify those that don't stop there is no proof of the crime.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:19 AM

979 posts, read 491,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Then how did 61 out 63 people manage to vote in NYC under names that were not theirs?

You seem to be concerned about fraudulent use of ID's that is difficult at best but are more than willing to put your faith in signatures that are easily forged and requires nothing more than a pen.

LOL, the database is standing in front of them. As I posted earlier stop thinking so last century, the acahic voting process can be greatly improved with voter ID starting with card readers and screens their desk so they can have picture match. One on the card, one on the screen and one standing in front of them.

Sure they do but we aren't concerned about the people that stop, it's the ones that don't stop we are concerned about and if don't have the means to identify those that don't stop there is no proof of the crime.
I don't know, probably because people checking the names wasn't doing their job. That is usually the first problem to in person voter fraud.

Good luck forging a signature if you don't know how their signature was signed on their voter application. Heck, my signature, I will gladly let you vote for me if you could replicate it.....because you can't.

You matching the photo on your ID doesn't prove that you are who you say you are because there is no photo database at the voting booth that shows who you are suppose to look like. But if you think having a photo ID and only voting in person works, then by all means, do that in your state. In my state, we vote by mail in ballot, and we like it that way, and we don't have any issue with voter fraud so there is no reason to change how we vote in my state.

So you admit that people will stop at a stop sign even if an officer isn't there, just like people will honestly cast a ballot in their name even if they don't have a photo ID. Which of course in my state, that doesn't matter because we vote by mail, and we like it that way.

Old 11-30-2016, 03:58 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,862,798 times
Lightbulb *

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit
Wonderful, Trump apparently gets his news from conspiracy websites, the next four years should be really fun.

Maybe he really DID NOT WANNA BE ELECTED and realises they rigged it for him to win AND IS TRYING TO GET OUT OF IT!!

Ya cant say that isnt possible....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections