Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 08:58 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Exactly. Someone actually posted a map of the country as if land votes. Trump won three states, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania by a combined total of only 97,000 votes while Hillary won the popular vote by over 2.5 million and counting. 97,000 votes out of 127 million, while still losing the popular vote by 2.5 million and 2% of the country. I honestly doubt he runs again at 74 in 2020 and doubt he would win if he did but I definitely don't consider his win even remotely close to a landslide because of a bunch of rural counties when urban counties consist of millions of people.
If President Trump decides to run again in 2020, who is going to beat him? The Democrat Party has thankfully been decimated by Obama and his cult. There is no bench and no viable candidate to even come within striking distance.

Obama and his cult elected Trump by their intransigent extremism. They also killed the Democrat Party.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 09:01 PM

217 posts, read 208,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
If President Trump decides to run again in 2020, who is going to beat him? The Democrat Party has thankfully been decimated by Obama and his cult. There is no bench and no viable candidate to even come within striking distance.

Obama and his cult elected Trump by their intransigent extremism. They also killed the Democrat Party.

Thanks!
It's not as if the Republican party has anyone lined up after Trump. Both parties are laughably inept at this point.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:03 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:

Thanks!
They won because of 97,000 votes combined in three states and lost by 2.5 million popular votes. I think the next election will be very different for a lot of reasons but time will tell.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:04 PM

32,092 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...190239430.html
Donald Trump Won 2,600 Counties Compared To Clinton’s 500, Winning 83% Of The Geographic Nation
But how many people live in all these counties. That is what matters. We have over 1 million in the county I live in who overwhelming voted for Hillary. Why do you think she won the popular vote. I just looked up North Dakota. They have 53 counties, all voting for Trump. But the state's population is only a little over 700,000. My county has more people than that whole state lol So you see why this is no big deal.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:06 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,203,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But how many people live in all these counties. That is what matters. We have over 1 million in the county I live in who overwhelming voted for Hillary. Why do you think she won the popular vote. I just looked up North Dakota. They have 53 counties, all voting for Trump. But the state's population is only a little over 700,000. My county has more people than that whole state lol So you see why this is no big deal.
Take away the fruitcake vote in Califlakia and tell us who won ...

Old 12-01-2016, 09:10 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Not See View Post
Hillary won California's popular vote but no one cares except for the cupcakes that think California is more than just one state. I have yet see you contribute anything to any thread other than insults to those who voted for Trump. If you're so smart, dazzle with your liberal brilliance.
I would guess the California GDP surpasses the combined total of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania considering it ranks 6th in the world. Liberal voters disagree with Trump supporters just as Trump supporters disagree with liberals. It's time to get used to being on the other side for four years. As it is Republicans own everything for four years, no opposition, no checks, no balances. They have no one they can blame, demonize or attack. If something goes wrong, they have the power to change it any way they want so now they have to prove it.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:12 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,488,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Um....Republican candidates always win a vast majority of counties.
So their votes finally counted.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:12 PM

32,092 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:

Thanks!
Oh please you elected Trump. So stop blaming Obama for your actions. You had many other viable candidates but you went for someone who likes to dish it out but can't take it. His handlers need to tell him to lay off Twitter. We don't need a president who easily gets his feelings hurt and then has to lash out. Not cool for a president.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:15 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh please you elected Trump. So stop blaming Obama for your actions. You had many other viable candidates but you went for someone who likes to dish it out but can't take it. His handlers need to tell him to lay off Twitter. We don't need a president who easily gets his feelings hurt and then has to lash out. Not cool for a president.
Wrong. If Obama had been successful, the Democrat would have won. The guy you supported twice was a bad President. It's time for you and others to start recognizing that fact.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:15 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,203,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I would guess the California GDP surpasses the combined total of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania considering it ranks 6th in the world. Liberal voters disagree with Trump supporters just as Trump supporters disagree with liberals. It's time to get used to being on the other side for four years. As it is Republicans own everything for four years, no opposition, no checks, no balances. They have no one they can blame, demonize or attack. If something goes wrong, they have the power to change it any way they want so now they have to prove it.
You guess right about about California, but it is only one state with 55 electoral votes. And if you take away just the vote margins from Los Angeles and San Francisco counties, the popular vote is about a dead heat.

And I wasn't talking to you as you seem to write more civilized posts ... but you're right, the GOP controls everything for the next 2 years and most likely 4 and the SCOTUS selections could make it for much longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections