Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2017, 06:53 AM

34,007 posts, read 17,035,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
I don't hate him cause he's black. I don't even hate the guy. I think he is a very nice person honestly. He would be the type of guy I would sit in a bar with and have a drink. But as far as his policies are concerned, I'm not for it. Typical leftie. Plays the race card. And it's a wonder why you lost.

Agree with the assessment.

In full.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 07:24 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,239,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
I don't hate him cause he's black. I don't even hate the guy. I think he is a very nice person honestly. He would be the type of guy I would sit in a bar with and have a drink. But as far as his policies are concerned, I'm not for it. Typical leftie. Plays the race card. And it's a wonder why you lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Agree with the assessment.

In full.
Of course. That is the way 99% of republicans feel.

The fact that we even have to explain it is a testament, to how good the DNC is at smear campaigns, and how gullible some democrats are for believing it.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:31 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Of course. That is the way 99% of republicans feel.

The fact that we even have to explain it is a testament, to how good the DNC is at smear campaigns, and how gullible some democrats are for believing it.
Oh, brother! There have been SO MANY very nasty remarks about Obama on the City-Data Forum. Obviously, a huge number of Republicans hate Obama for various reasons, and I think, a majority because he is black. Racism is alive and well in the USA, especially when it comes to voting. That's why so many Republicans on here want the Dems to run Kamala Harris in 2020--because she's black (and a woman) and she'll lose.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:28 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Oh, brother! There have been SO MANY very nasty remarks about Obama on the City-Data Forum. Obviously, a huge number of Republicans hate Obama for various reasons, and I think, a majority because he is black. Racism is alive and well in the USA, especially when it comes to voting. That's why so many Republicans on here want the Dems to run Kamala Harris in 2020--because she's black (and a woman) and she'll lose.
First, stop with your race-baiting. While a common tactic among leftists, it really is off-putting. Second, Obama is not black. Calling him black when he is half white is like slapping his mother in the face.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I think most of what you are reading on City Data is posturing. Dems say very nasty stuff about Bush and Trump. Republicans say nasty stuff about Obama and Hillary. It’s the price of having free speech on an anonymous forum.

It’s all pretty bad, but since Obama is black it is convenient to chalk it up to racism when it is aimed at him. Or mysogyny when it is aimed at Hillary. Republicans dont have that luxury when it comes to their guys being smeared.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:33 PM

34,007 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Many, including I, abhorred his policy.

Do we now use the racism smear to avoid criticism about objective decisions made by a POTUS?

Old 12-02-2017, 05:20 PM

1,018 posts, read 510,901 times
Quote:
Sure, there may have been whites who voted against Obama cause he's black. But, don't lump all Republicans as racist cause we voted against him. Maybe we didn't want his policies in effect. I realize that you guys lost, and the race card is the last leg you guys have left to stand on, but don't keep pushing it on us. This will cause you guys to lose again in 2020.

Old 12-02-2017, 06:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
If Obama responded the way Trump does, he’d be called a thug. A classless white guy is applauded by the ignorant; those same people would be flexing their muscles in their wifebeaters and stomping around their trailers, shaking in fury if a black man dared having a Twitter tantrum.
Years of the same political poetry that politicians spew, telling us a public view while having a private view and nothing ever gets done unless it benefits the rich and connected, Obama was no different even though he ran and won on "HOPE & CHANGE". What people applaud is finally, someone who is willing to go against the same ole BS. Trump should have used Hope & Change because he is actually doing what he can to change things unlike Obama.

Hope & Change was obviously Obama's public view while doing nothing different.

Old 12-03-2017, 03:53 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,192,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think most of what you are reading on City Data is posturing. Dems say very nasty stuff about Bush and Trump. Republicans say nasty stuff about Obama and Hillary. It’s the price of having free speech on an anonymous forum.

It’s all pretty bad, but since Obama is black it is convenient to chalk it up to racism when it is aimed at him. Or mysogyny when it is aimed at Hillary. Republicans dont have that luxury when it comes to their guys being smeared.
Only Obama was smeared falsely as being born in Kenya and being a Muslim, even well after both were proven false. So Bush, Clinton and Trump were given the luxury of not having their birthplaces or religions lied about.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Only Obama was smeared falsely as being born in Kenya and being a Muslim, even well after both were proven false. So Bush, Clinton and Trump were given the luxury of not having their birthplaces or religions lied about.
Yes. Because Trump and Bush were never falsely accused by the left of anything.

That was all political. Politics is a dirty business. In politics, you use what you’ve got.

His father was from Kenya. His middle name is Husain.

If you were a political consultant, and you DIDN'T use that stuff, you should be sued for malpractice.

It only seems worse to you than the stuff they do to white politicians because you are biased, and you can conveniently slap that “racist” label on it to make it seem worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections