Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 11:44 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,614,239 times

Advertisements

It's shaping up to be a blue wave based upon the latest senate polls.

Mississippi...
The democratic Epsy is down 2 of the republican Hyde-Smith but is up 3 in the runoff 41-38.

Indiania
Donnelly (D) is up 51-39 over Bruan.

Arizona
McSalley (D) is up 20 over Ward, 47-27.

Missouri
McCaskill & Hawley are tied 47-47.

Texas
Beto is edging closer to Cruz...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 12:21 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,502,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
It's shaping up to be a blue wave based upon the latest senate polls.

Hoping for a new poll on the FL Senate Race between Nelson(D) and Scott(R). It's a toss up. It's been several weeks since the last poll.

If Trump decides to pardon Manafort, this should help the Ds in all the races.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:44 PM

25,812 posts, read 12,859,717 times
Neslon's spilling classified information in a public forum will likely tilt things towards Scott.

Also, Nelson would be 80+ after his term, and that doesn't work in his favor.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:57 PM

1,018 posts, read 512,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
wake me up when all of that happens because right now, we have the lowest real wages in 40 years, dropping labor participation rate (artificially goosing the unemployment numbers, not actually creating more jobs), tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy with a temporary cut for some but not all of the middle, no peace, increased civilian casualties in the battle with ISIS, Trump being deluded by North Korea who has done absolutely nothing to reduce their nuclear capabilities, and we are becoming Putin's puppet, not their ally, while also destroying decades old relationships with actual allies.

I got a tax cut and a raise under Trump that I never got under Hussein, Trump mad peace with NK, The economy is soaring, ISIS is wiped out, The Trump Train is real.

Old 08-20-2018, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Neslon's spilling classified information in a public forum will likely tilt things towards Scott.

About the voting machines in Florida which Scott is currently in charge of?

What about the Red tide? Have to think most Floridians which I spent a weekend with & was all they could talk about is Scott's fault. This is 4 doctors & three dentists's all voted for Trump who are pointing fingers at Scott for this failure. Instead of boating we hung out at a pool, one Dr. was very upset as he hasn't taken his boat out for a month due to the Red Tide.

Old 08-20-2018, 08:02 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,597 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

What leads you to believe that ????

Old 08-20-2018, 08:58 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,703,229 times
If the election was today, I'd expect Dems to take back the House by a 10-15 seat margin. I do not expect them to take back the Senate. There are too many Democrat incumbents in red states that they have to keep. Honestly, I expect Dems to lose seats in the Senate.

However the election isn't today. Who knows what will happen between now and November. Trump got a big "uptick" in support after his meeting with Kim Jong Un. Considering we got nothing out of the deal, I fully expect Trump to do the same thing with some other world power in October. Meet up for some historic summit - make ridiculous promises to his citizens but plan to come through on none of them.

Where's that verifiable denuclearization by the way?

Old 08-20-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
If the election was today, I'd expect Dems to take back the House by a 10-15 seat margin. I do not expect them to take back the Senate. There are too many Democrat incumbents in red states that they have to keep. Honestly, I expect Dems to lose seats in the Senate.

However the election isn't today. Who knows what will happen between now and November. Trump got a big "uptick" in support after his meeting with Kim Jong Un. Considering we got nothing out of the deal, I fully expect Trump to do the same thing with some other world power in October. Meet up for some historic summit - make ridiculous promises to his citizens but plan to come through on none of them.

Where's that verifiable denuclearization by the way?
There are 4 seats at play for the democrats..

North Dakota, we don't have a recent poll.

Florida, where both candidates have been up & down, I'd call it a draw right now, Nelson though just announced a $40 million ad buy which should boost him.

Indiana Donnely is up 12 currently, Donnelly 51, Braun 39... Need to see a couple more polls of plus 10, if we do then we move this to a safe seat for the dems.

Missouri, this is pretty even Hawley vs. McCaskill are tied in the latest Scout poll, which is a blog dedicated to Missouri politics, very solid record there. Hawley as attorney general has a lot of baggage with the Governor scandal this year. He was put in a no win position, he could have indicated the sitting governor on a felony, which the governor was guilty of. Instead he allowed him to resign & dropped the charges.

Old 08-20-2018, 01:57 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,276,298 times
For those on the fence about a red wave going into the midterms. Next month, "Red October", will remove any doubts forever. The offshoot of what is about to transpire in October, will have many Liberals soul searching and shocked, at least the last remaining decent ones, as to what happened behind the Dem leadership scene. All that is about to unfold will have a significant number of Dem voters either staying at home or voting in GOP or Independent candidates as a protest move.

Old 08-20-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
For those on the fence about a red wave going into the midterms. Next month, "Red October", will remove any doubts forever. The offshoot of what is about to transpire in October, will have many Liberals soul searching and shocked, at least the last remaining decent ones, as to what happened behind the Dem leadership scene. All that is about to unfold will have a significant number of Dem voters either staying at home or voting in GOP or Independent candidates as a protest move.
Red October is right when Mueller releases his investigation report of Trump colluding with Putin to steal the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections