Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 11:51 AM

2,486 posts, read 831,441 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine
I fully expect this from the Democrats. I also expect that they will pay a deep price come 2020 should they choose the "investigate, not legislate" route for the next two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Why?

It worked for the GOP.

Only because they had something worthy to investigate. But, we'll never know because the left owning the house will go right back to covering their assets, protecting their criminals, and weaponizing the DoJ/FBI if possible.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:53 AM

14,187 posts, read 5,758,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Why?

It worked for the GOP.
No it didn't.

The day the GOP House actually voted yes to impeach Clinton, his approval went up by 17 points, and the least likable, least human candidate of the last 150 years won the popular vote and almost the electoral vote riding on the coattails of that idiotic theater of GOP stupidity.

Other than "only two Presidents ever impeached and one was Clinton" as talking point, the GOP lost every way you can lose because of their incessant investigations of Clinton.

It's nonsense and the voters almost always punish it.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:55 AM

17,061 posts, read 12,680,461 times
Dems won the freaking Kansas governorship and now hold 24 of the governorships.

It was a wave election. Not a tsunami nor was it a non event.

Wahine is dead right about Kavanaugh being a Dem disaster.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:03 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,754,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I fully expect this from the Democrats. I also expect that they will pay a deep price come 2020 should they choose the "investigate, not legislate" route for the next two years.
Investigate? That's what you think they're going to be doing? I'll let you in in a teeny tiny little secret...they have enough dirt on Trump to make him do pretty much anything they want, sign anything they want, or nominate anyone they want. Think about that for a second. If done right he'll alienate his entire base before it's all said and done.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:06 PM

1,743 posts, read 999,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Investigate? That's what you think they're going to be doing? I'll let you in in a teeny tiny little secret...they have enough dirt on Trump to make him do pretty much anything they want, sign anything they want, or nominate anyone they want. Think about that for a second. If done right he'll alienate his entire base before it's all said and done.
May I have some of what you smoked for lunch?

Old 11-07-2018, 12:06 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,077,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
No it didn't.

The day the GOP House actually voted yes to impeach Clinton, his approval went up by 17 points, and the least likable, least human candidate of the last 150 years won the popular vote and almost the electoral vote riding on the coattails of that idiotic theater of GOP stupidity.

Other than "only two Presidents ever impeached and one was Clinton" as talking point, the GOP lost every way you can lose because of their incessant investigations of Clinton.

Correct. All the Republican House did with those investigations into Obama was get him elected again. I don't understand why people do not get this.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:08 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,751,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I noticed that yesterday that no Blue or Red Wave took place. What gives? Why were these progressives and conservatives kissing butt, jumping for joy over a total takeover which did not occur. Since no Blue or Red Wave took place. I hope those that can be work towards bipartisanship and try to work together instead of virtue signaling in the name of identity politics.
Yeah, thats so neither side has to justify any action/ risk.

When both sides claim to have won, neither of them have to actually do anything that may result in them being arrested, thrown in jail, loosing their incomes, etc etc.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:08 PM

25,925 posts, read 16,655,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
None of that matters.

Dems control the House and will begin multiple investigations into Trump immediately. No way to spin that.
I hope so and distract their voter from what is important, like a possible 2 more SCOTUS confirmations in the next 2 years.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:09 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,137,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
No it didn't.

There would have been a third president impeached (Nixon) had he not resigned from office.

And why did he resign?

Because both Congressional and special counsel investigations uncovered evidence of his criminal behavior, which is why Mueller must be allowed to continue his investigation and why a Democratic-controlled House will issue subpoenas and conduct real hearings into Russian meddling of the 2016 election.

Like it or not, the whole truth will come out and the guilty are running scared.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:10 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,754,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
May I have some of what you smoked for lunch?
I don't smoke. It's going to be an interesting two years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections