Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2020, 01:05 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,942,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I read his campaign is collapsing, from my newsfeed. 1% club. Lots of senior staffs are being sacked.
To be fair to Yang the MSM has claimed he either doesn't exist or his campaign is collapsing since the beginning. However the campaign burned lots of money in Iowa for only 9000 votes some issues were a lack of organization on the ground and inexperienced leadership not to mention DNC rigging in favor of Pete the rat. New Hampshire will be different and Yang will perform better however the clock is ticking and I personally think that New Hampshire will be the Yang Gangs last stand. If we get lower than top 4 I believe the campaign will limp along until it runs out of money and then Yang will try again in 2024.

If we get top 4 this will be a fresh cash infusion and anything could happen after that point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2020, 03:16 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
You may have also read that his name is John. Or Geoff. Or that he is a billionaire. Or that he cozies up to the alt right. Or that he is a one issue candidate. Or that he perpetuates the Asian stereotypes that only further hurt Asians.

But you may have missed the tens of millions of dollars his campaign has raised. Because the press has tried to supress that information. You may have missed the large and wide movement forming around this guy that has not only Americans, but people all over the globe, me being just one of them. You may have missed that youth poll in Iowa has him in the first place, even before Bernie. You may also have missed that the candidate Yang pushed some serious questions into the public and they are being widely discussed: universal basic income and democracy dollars as a way to get big donors out of politics. And I'm sure you havent read his book. Actually, I doubt you have listened to any of his long form interviews or townhalls. Feel free to watch the one above.

Instead you come to this thread, and shout this 1% twice, as if it says anything meaningful at all. It is a result of a weird and antiquated process, with even weirder mathematics going on, counted with a collapsing app, partly paid for by another candidate. Even in all the tragically ridiculous mess that is nothing but a circus for MSM to feast on and prop up their corporate puppet Pete, Yang has at least 5% after the first round.
Quote:
You may have missed the large and wide movement forming around this guy that has not only Americans, but people all over the globe, me being just one of them.
I believe this was a first for any candidate:
Andrew Yang won last night's primary debate without attending it

"The top four winners of last night’s debate, according to Google searches and the number of tweets about each candidate, were Bernie Sanders, followed by Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, and then Andrew Yang. Ironically, Yang wasn’t even on the debate stage"

PS:
Quote:
You may have also read that his name is John
Those who matter know his name; those who don't, won't.

Old 02-07-2020, 04:47 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
I read his campaign is collapsing, from my newsfeed. 1% club. Lots of senior staffs are being sacked.
I've heard the same thing about Klobachar and Biden.

So, who knows.

Old 02-07-2020, 08:22 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,766,520 times
But he actually only had around 1% in Iowa, not the other 2.

Is this fake news again, It’s cnn.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/polit...ers/index.html

Old 02-08-2020, 06:12 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:

this is what one should take away from that article:

"These actions are a natural evolution of the campaign post-Iowa, same as other campaigns have undertaken, and Andrew Yang is going to keep fighting for the voices of the more than 400,000 supporters who have donated to the campaign and placed a stake in the future of our country," the statement reads.

It's all in the math --- in what is what.

Old 02-08-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:

5 percent actually the caucus doesn't show his real support since Yang votes were lost in realignment.

Old 02-08-2020, 07:31 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
In the meantime

Andrew Yang at CNN Presidential Town Hall, Manchester NH. Absolutely nailed it.

https://youtu.be/xGdKJvBx7Uk

Stop making too much sense, dude. It gets you nowhere
I really like Yang, he is very logical and doesn’t have many weaknesses.

He needs a win to get him into the spotlight.

Old 02-08-2020, 08:00 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
This is interesting, 42% of yang votes are not dems...

Old 02-08-2020, 08:07 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I'm sure they're most likely independents.

Another interesting item from that poll - Bernie voters are still a high % "my man or I probably won't vote".

Old 02-08-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yang has lots of crossover appeal and real solutions to many of Americas problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections