Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2020, 12:18 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,942,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxCaNv View Post
This morning he said we need to give everyone $1k/month because people in Iowa are telling him that the better they do, the less benefits they get
Sounds like he was talking about a poverty trap. Our current system has incentives for people on assistance to stay there. UBI is universal and is not taken away if you start to earn more. It makes far more sense for a universal cash handout than a paternalistic program that treats people like children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 12:31 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Sounds like he was talking about a poverty trap. Our current system has incentives for people on assistance to stay there. UBI is universal and is not taken away if you start to earn more. It makes far more sense for a universal cash handout than a paternalistic program that treats people like children.
The government has a psychological strong hold on people and its difficult for them to let it go. Andrew Yang is a person before their time.

Old 01-27-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The government has a psychological strong hold on people and its difficult for them to let it go. Andrew Yang is a person before their time.
I think one of the reasons Sanders supporters don't like Yangs plan is it uplifts people without the state getting involved. While I'm not anti government I do think people are best equipped to deal with there own affairs and not have a bureaucrat deciding what they should do.

Last edited by BornintheSprings; 01-27-2020 at 06:58 AM..

Old 01-27-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I think one of the reasons Sanders supporters don't like Yangs plan is it uplifts people without the state getting involved. While I'm not anti government I do think people are best equipped to deal with there own affairs and not have a bureaucrat deciding what they should do.
The government have the people believing that a poor person is poor because they want to be; there is no telling them any different as long as people equate human value and economical value as one in the same.

I've posted on here before in the past that I have a vision of a society, where people are not judged by their God, their Country, their gender, or their race --- people just see human beings. You got to know what that means to me to see a person like Andrew Yang, working to unbrainwash, the brainwashed.

Old 01-29-2020, 12:51 PM

Andrew Yang and Dave Chappelle Interview

https://youtu.be/QKSXwUeCuKE

Old 01-29-2020, 05:39 PM

Breaking: Andrew Yang Awesome Interview with New York Times Editorial Board in 2020

He did well, but in the end they picked some one else ...

"It's unbelievable that after this awesome interview NYT Editorial Board still chose Warren and Amy!"

Old 01-29-2020, 05:40 PM

NYT has establishment bias

Old 01-29-2020, 05:59 PM

934 posts, read 403,158 times
Quote:

"It's unbelievable that after this awesome interview NYT Editorial Board still chose Warren and Amy!"
Most people after listening to a long-form Yang interview: This is the guy, he should be President!

Fishwrap editorial board after a long-form Yang interview: Nah, let's go with Liz to alarm you in the morning, and Amy to put you to sleep in the evening.

Old 01-29-2020, 06:07 PM

838 posts, read 565,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
Fishwrap editorial board after a long-form Yang interview: Nah, let's go with Liz to alarm you in the morning, and Amy to put you to sleep in the evening.
Clearly NYT is following the whole "Women are the future" propaganda, Look this isn't anything against either gender at all; but playing identity politics is dangerous enough when its a politician doing it but when its the MSM who we rely on for our news, its disgusting.

When we're putting gender over competency/leadership, We are losing!

Old 01-29-2020, 06:22 PM

934 posts, read 403,158 times
The most ridiculous aspect of it all - they did an awful lot of work setting up those interviews, doing them, the candidates also had to allocate their time and energy for it, research, checking facts and details, then the final editing and everything else they have to do in their line of work and I have no idea about - in short, a mountain of solid work. Then they came out with a decision they obviously had before they even started.

Meh. Or, even better: ew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections