Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2019, 04:02 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
The main question is, why isn’t he running as a Democrat? I agree with him on some things, he’s Pro-Choice, LGBT friendly, was really fair to his Starbucks employees with salary and healthcare, but running as an independent will re-elect Trump without a doubt!
Yes!

Run, Howard, Run!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 04:02 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What makes Schultz more liberal than Perot?
Perot was an anti NAFTA, anti globalist for one thing. He was Trump before Trump in some regards. I can't remember all of his positions after all of these years but he was a balanced budget, pay down the debt kind of a guy which is the one thing that caught my attention with Howard Schultz.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:04 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
White men need to realize that they are completely welcome in the Democratic Party. The far-right has been telling so many lies for so long that people started to believe it!
You might believe that, but people are not stupid as you seem to make them out to be. Especially those who can see how identity politics looks to serve everyone's special group except white males.
Whether it be support for quotas, anti-police stances, attacks on anything white men say as _____ist, ______phobe, etc., means they must be ruined.
Yet anyone (typically Democrats) can say white men are the problem in this country, and they are not excoriated for it.
The list goes on, but you are too partisan to see it.

`

Old 01-29-2019, 04:05 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Perot was an anti NAFTA, anti globalist for one thing. He was Trump before Trump in some regards. I can't remember all of his positions after all of these years but he was a balanced budget, pay down the debt kind of a guy which is the one thing that caught my attention with Howard Schultz.
Right, Perot and Schultz is on the same page here so he doesn't seem so liberal to me. That's not exactly a liberal issue.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:07 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,644,820 times
I am going to say something completely outrageous (which I never do) I will actually consider voting for him. I’ve never voted independent before in my life (I’m still young though), but after hearing what he has to say, he seems like a smart guy who could actually get votes from both parties and possibly win. He’d better win though if he runs, we can’t take four more years of Trump!

Old 01-29-2019, 04:22 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times
Quote:
We need to get Trump out of office ASAP, and definitely don’t need another independent spoiler running like Ralph Nader or someone like Gary Johnson! Independents, please stop running for President! You are hurting everyone!!
Party politics needs to come to an end. You should have learned this from the last election. There should be more than two parties or else it's just a team sport, and the leader of the country shouldn't just be a popular sports figure, they should also be competent and do what the people of this nation want/need. Not everything fits in two parties.

Watching the lengths each major party goes to get votes, it's obviously not working for the people of this country. It's getting ugly. It needs to end. It'a furthering a divide we might not be able to withstand.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:23 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trump didn't win PA because people switched to him.

Someone from Philadelphia was basically laughing at me when I said Trump may win driven by the votes in my area. I'm the one laughing now and I'd suggest you should not try and tell me about the politics of the state and area I live in.

Trumps win in PA can be directly attributed my area. Democrats have dominated the political scene here for more than a century. Just a decade ago they had a 2:1 margin in registrations. Obama won easily in 2008 and did quite well in 2012. Republican registrations are up substantially and Trump flipped many Democrats, this is not a trend that is slowing. The difference in the margins comparing Trump to Obama in this area accounts for nearly all of Trumps margin over Clinton statewide.

A far left candidate is going to have even less appeal than Clinton in this area for Democrats. A Kamala Harris will go over like a lead balloon. Shultz may take votes from Trump but he'll take more from Democrats.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:26 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
We need to get Trump out of office ASAP, and definitely don’t need another independent spoiler running like Ralph Nader or someone like Gary Johnson! Independents, please stop running for President! You are hurting everyone!!
He is trying to help the Dems and bring back some sanity. The Dems need to stop lying to people and making promises they can't and won't keep. The guy is a breath of fresh air and he will be savaged for it by the radical left.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Someone from Philadelphia was basically laughing at me when I said Trump may win driven by the votes in my area. I'm the one laughing now and I'd suggest you should not try and tell me about the politics of the state and area I live in.
I said that Trump might win Pennsylvania months before the election. There was a thread here where 2-3 of us argued that. The argument was exactly what happened. I said she was likely to lose most of PA over her coal position and that she would need a huge turn out in Philly to overcome that. There wasn't and she lost.

Quote:
A far left candidate is going to have even less appeal than Clinton in this area for Democrats. A Kamala Harris will go over like a lead balloon. Shultz may take votes from Trump but he'll take more from Democrats.
I've asked this over and over and there has been no answers. What positions does Schultz hold that would attract Democrats?

Old 01-29-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
He is trying to help the Dems and bring back some sanity. The Dems need to stop lying to people and making promises they can't and won't keep.
Like making Mexico pay for the wall?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections