Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 09:07 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,240,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
We need to get Trump out of office ASAP, and definitely don’t need another independent spoiler running like Ralph Nader or someone like Gary Johnson! Independents, please stop running for President! You are hurting everyone!!
Before reading this I didn't care that Schultz was considering running for president, probably wasn't going to vote for him. Now that I have read this I am very much looking forward to voting for him in 2020! Only 645 days to go! The countdown is on my friends!

#TeamSchultz2020
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 09:23 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I thought this about 2016, but there are so many idiots and fear mongers out there that bellyache about 3rd parties and throwing away votes. People have lost the ability to think for themselves and will inevitably vote for whatever pile of trash their team trots out.
You aren't kidding. While not "third party" in this sense, when Ron Paul was up, I got called all kinds of things on this forum because I wouldn't vote for the establishment monkey (Romney). I was told I was throwing my vote away, I was told I "had to" vote for Obama or Romney because those were my only 2 choices (except in Maine, when I voted, I was allowed to write in so no, they were not my only 2 choices) and that if Romney lost, it was my "fault".

No one liked Romney when there were more than one campaigning. I distinctly remember watching online with people in some chat - I forget where it was now - and they were all lambasting Romney. No one could stand him. But then when he's the nominee, suddenly I'm supposed to vote for him? Hell no. To me, whether it was Romney or Obama, it was going to be nothing but mess for 4 - 8 years. Telling me that I have to vote one side or the other of a "sh.... sandwich" is garbage. I refuse to vote any part of a "sh... sandwich".

Trump happened because Paul didn't. They shouldn't have blacked out Paul so much - it would have been easier for them. Idiots.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:27 PM

11,240 posts, read 11,018,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Social justice warriors will vote for Schulz because he has turned every Starbucks into a homeless shelter
No issues with hypodermic needles left all over the bathroom areas by homeless addicts inside their facilities.

Gotta make sure they have their safe spaces to dope up. What are the odds they don't buy a latte on the way out of the joint?

Make sure the low wage employees have latex gloves to use while cleaning up the blood....

Yeah, lets run for president! Needles and scat maps for all!

Old 01-28-2019, 09:36 PM

230 posts, read 94,808 times
Quote:
We need to get Trump out of office ASAP, and definitely don’t need another independent spoiler running like Ralph Nader or someone like Gary Johnson! Independents, please stop running for President! You are hurting everyone!!
I am voting for President Trump either way in 2020 but as far as your question its because the leftist party has hurt themselves by lurching so far left any sanity is gone!

Old 01-28-2019, 09:43 PM

2,981 posts, read 1,747,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Well, I hope that Dems are not as dumb as Reps - that we wouldn't vote for a total novice.
Clarallel, did you vote for Obama in 2008 when he was a “total novice”???

Old 01-28-2019, 10:06 PM

22,457 posts, read 11,981,552 times
I find it amusing that the dems are getting panicked over Schultz We all know why they're scared and they will never admit it. They know that none of their candidates are any good. Look at whom they have so far---Harris and Warren, for example, are too far left to stand a chance. Yet we all know --- no matter who gets the dem nomination, they will all dutifully vote straight "D".

Run, Howard, Run! Please

Old 01-29-2019, 03:51 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,254,824 times
Here is something to ponder: some of the democrats are so crazed to remove Trump that whey will do anything. And if Schultz runs, that would include some nut trying to take him out of the game permanently. Heck they were name calling him, pretty badly yesterday and he hasn't even made a decision.

Old 01-29-2019, 03:59 AM

7,810 posts, read 6,388,633 times
Quote:
Give him the nomination if you don’t like it.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:35 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
I said this earlier and will again. I do not understand why anyone thinks any (D) would be voting for him. It seems to be built upon one thing, Starbucks. He may be the most pro-big corporation candidate to have announced. He's likely more pro-big corporation than Trump even. If anything he would draw from Trump supporters.

Yes, (D)'s will be hypocrites and vote for someone that bends over for the corporations but only if they are a (D). The (D)'s lose votes to independents that run to the left, not right.

If he is a part of the discussion and debates, he draws from Trump once he starts talking.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:51 AM

29,213 posts, read 22,351,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Honestly-2020 offers the best opportunity ever for a decent, independent candidate. People love Trump's policies-but hate him as a person. The Democrats have swung to the left of Joseph Stalin and moderate Dems as well as moderate republicans are looking for some decent leadership.
Not all Democrats are left of Joseph Stalin. There are plenty of moderates in the party.

But what's moderate right now? A lot of moderate Republicans in both houses decided to call it a day and retire from Congress last year because they thought they would lose re-election, and some Democrats did too.

Despite what they say about moderation, the voters seem to actually vote for candidates that are off-center in either direction.

There's a big debate going on right now inside the Democratic party about this. The Democrats moved rightward in the 90s, and took the middle ground, but it didn't help them any in the state elections, even when it won the White House.
A return to more liberal policy, closer to those of the past, seems to be attracting more voters now than trying to be centrists. A lot of the new winners of 2018 are definitely more liberal and similar to those of the 70s in their policies, and that seemed to be the winning position the voters wanted.

The nation swung to conservatism 20 years ago, but conservatism hasn't helped the middle classes' prosperity, and the cycles between liberalism and conservatism go in 20-year swings.

2020 may be a test of which direction the voters want the nation to go, or it may be a validation the direction is still set for a while. Much, of course, will depend on the nominees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections