Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 05:40 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Well I'm just some ole stupid country hick here in Kentucky that has never gone hungry a single day in my life and I wanted for nothing. Clearly you and many others know NOTHING about Kentucky other than some negative stereotyping and few assorted photo from the poor areas that every state has.
So what does KY do? Well we build a lot of cars and trucks and the parts for them, provide a lot of food to the nation both animal and vegetable, provide a lot of manufacturing, produce the most and the best bourbon, have some of the largest coal and nature gas reserves in the nation, we also have the most navigable waterway in the lower 48, we're home to the largest inland port in the US and we are the largest producers of Turbojet And Turboproller Parts. One of largest producer of manufacturing chemicals and metal alloys. (no bad for a bunch of dumb hicks) And that is just to name a very, very few. And where not all leaving in rundown mobile homes or shanty-shacks and in fact the real estate market here is thriving while many in the nation are loosing their homes, where not. And while incomes may not be what they are in others areas of the country the cost of living is far lower, in short you get more bang for the buck.
But you know what I like the fact that some many know so little about Kentucky and what they think they know is wrong, it keeps the riff raff out.

Oh and why did Obama do so poorly here? It's not because we are racist, it's because we can see through his BS. Don't worry we know Hillary is full of it too, but at least she doesn't whine like a little baby about it.

Interesting. What does one consider whining?

"Clinton, who is banking on a large win in Kentucky Tuesday to keep her presidential hopes alive, also said she doesn't believe racism has played a role in the presidential campaign. But the New York senator said sexist attitudes among voters and members of the media have been a constant detriment to her White House hopes."

Senator Clinton clearly won Kentucky. What continues to make her a less than viable candidate is the very thing that endeared her husband to the electorate. It is largely ignored, but there nonetheless. She lacks the personality of one is who genuine, something that people from all walks of life can identify with. She is very smart and capable, but she has always been considered abrasive and elitist, and it was a stroke of Penn's genius to actually (and effectively) cast this shadow over her opposition whom she out-earns 100-1.

The Achilles heel of her campaign is true to the fable itself - it was created by her. She and her husband separated the electorate, as they've always done, and went after the votes. But along the way some states didn't matter, some votes didn't count, some people weren't important, some rules should be broken, some metrics aren't fair, some people are sexist, other folks are racist. These are the many subjects that have dominated the headlines as Senator Clinton's campaign has fought to win a fight that was never to be, by introducing subjects meant to annihilate the opposition, who was never to make it this far. "Senator Clinton's a fighter"....that's good to know, Senator Obama just happens to be a better fighter.

The true testament to the American people is - some people aren't racist, some people aren't sexist, some people are poor, wealthy, educated, old, young, elite, Black, White, Hispanic, uneducated, Asian, Native American, Jewish, you name it - those people just don't pick her.

The question is - why aren't any of them supporting her? Why is Senator Clinton's appeal so narrow? Who has she reached out to?

You needn't answer - the makeup of her support speaks for itself, and this is what is most telling, as we watch to see who will represent the Electorate and not a special interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 06:16 AM

617 posts, read 2,072,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
If you were educated, you would know that Appalachia makes up a small part of Kentucky and I would say speaking of a drain on the Real American People, a large percentage of Obama supporters probably fit nicely into that category.
Easy there. That statement is so off the wall I thought everyone would know it was overflowing with sarcasm. Apparently not since others actually seem to agree with it!

If you look at my location you'll see that I'm from WV. Last week we were the Obama people's favorite whipping post. I found it hard to believe that people who claim to be educated know nothing about the various regions of their own country, but that mostly makes me sad, not angry.

I find it curious that those who hurl the "racist" label at Hillary supporters show blatant bigotry toward entire groups of people based upon where they live and for whom they vote. I don't know what level of education these folks have achieved but it's clear their logic is sorely lacking.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:38 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
They do have one of the lowest foreclosure rates. I have to agree with that. The main reason that they have a low foreclosure rate is because mobile homes are repossessed and not forclosed on!
Has anyone ever called you a troll, no that would be an insult to trolls.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:45 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balco9 View Post
KevK, ease off Kentucky...
Have you been listening to Rev. Wright?
Don't insult Mr. Wright, at least he is intelligent.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Has anyone ever called you a troll, no that would be an insult to trolls.
He is the self-proclaimed 49 year old troll. That makes it more impressive.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:50 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
He is the self-proclaimed 49 year old troll. That makes it more impressive.
You'd think that in 49 years someone would grow up.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:53 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
What do you expect, they dont even know Louisville was a city and most of them couldnt find Kentucky on the map anyway. They are blind to think that Ky isnt important. Her blowout means allot because.... 60% of the entire state of Kentucky said they would vote for Hillary over McCain, only 31% said they would vote for Obama over McCain.

The dem voters are split pretty even, what the supers have to see is that head to head Hillary can beat McCain and Obama cannot. How many Hillary supporters will go over and vote for McCain is amazing.

Obama simply cannot win the general election, if he had blown Clinton out from start to finish maybe, but he cannot even win state that are very important for any dem to win the general election.

I still don't understand the logic behind Hilary beating McCain if she couldn't beat Obama...that's like a football team losing almost every game but people saying they can win the superbowl. I'm confused. I guess us Obama supporters aren't as educated as allot of us thought we were. I better pull out my handy dandy map and try to find KY!

Old 05-21-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
You'd think that in 49 years someone would grow up.
Trolls don't grow up, they just grow old.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:09 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Interesting. What does one consider whining?

"Clinton, who is banking on a large win in Kentucky Tuesday to keep her presidential hopes alive, also said she doesn't believe racism has played a role in the presidential campaign. But the New York senator said sexist attitudes among voters and members of the media have been a constant detriment to her White House hopes."

Senator Clinton clearly won Kentucky. What continues to make her a less than viable candidate is the very thing that endeared her husband to the electorate. It is largely ignored, but there nonetheless. She lacks the personality of one is who genuine, something that people from all walks of life can identify with. She is very smart and capable, but she has always been considered abrasive and elitist, and it was a stroke of Penn's genius to actually (and effectively) cast this shadow over her opposition whom she out-earns 100-1.

The Achilles heel of her campaign is true to the fable itself - it was created by her. She and her husband separated the electorate, as they've always done, and went after the votes. But along the way some states didn't matter, some votes didn't count, some people weren't important, some rules should be broken, some metrics aren't fair, some people are sexist, other folks are racist. These are the many subjects that have dominated the headlines as Senator Clinton's campaign has fought to win a fight that was never to be, by introducing subjects meant to annihilate the opposition, who was never to make it this far. "Senator Clinton's a fighter"....that's good to know, Senator Obama just happens to be a better fighter.

The true testament to the American people is - some people aren't racist, some people aren't sexist, some people are poor, wealthy, educated, old, young, elite, Black, White, Hispanic, uneducated, Asian, Native American, Jewish, you name it - those people just don't pick her.

The question is - why aren't any of them supporting her? Why is Senator Clinton's appeal so narrow? Who has she reached out to?

You needn't answer - the makeup of her support speaks for itself, and this is what is most telling, as we watch to see who will represent the Electorate and not a special interest.
Once again you write with substance and not grabbing headlines that the uniformed read and repeat. You are to be congratulated once again for using the gray matter that differentiates man from others that live on our planet. While others life forms may be stronger non on average are as smart as man on average is.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:10 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I still don't understand the logic behind Hilary beating McCain if she couldn't beat Obama...that's like a football team losing almost every game but people saying they can win the superbowl. I'm confused. I guess us Obama supporters aren't as educated as allot of us thought we were. I better pull out my handy dandy map and try to find KY!
Logic? Don't confuse the discussion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections