Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which candidates would you vote for in PA?
SENATE: Fetterman 45 53.57%
SENATE: Oz 35 41.67%
SENATE: Other 4 4.76%
GOVERNOR: Mastriano 27 32.14%
GOVERNOR: Shapiro 40 47.62%
GOVERNOR: Other 5 5.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 10:56 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
EVERY poll on CD is 75% right wing so factor that in the results to get any meaningful data.
actually CD lean slightly to the left...slightly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2022, 03:01 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle5051 View Post
Those men were absolutely not the progressive of today! Neither was Kennedy.
This is some sick twisted stuff today.
So, you`ve been watching the J6 hearings too? It wasn`t the progressives that beat up 130 cops and smeared feces on the walls of the Capitol.

Old 08-05-2022, 05:32 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,056,551 times
I think Fetterman has this one.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:58 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,095,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Fetterman is a clown but PA has become weak. Governor Wolf shut down much of the state and shut down the second most businesses in the country behind California, and the the live in fear folks praise him for it, while people have left the state in droves over the last 2 years because of the ridiculous virus restrictions…and the shutdowns caused a huge blow to the economy as folks simply traveled to neighboring states to purchase items and PA lost tax revenue.
Huh? In reality, Wolf just passed a state budget that includes a huge and long overdue corporate income tax cut, with very broad bipartisan support. They also increased funding to education, and increased the balance in the rainy-day fund, with money left over.

I’d say most of the people that left PA went to warm-weather states like FL because 1) they could, due to the ability to work virtually, and 2) because warm-weather winters are, well, warm.

Old 08-10-2022, 04:16 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
PA is a crucial state every election, and 22 is no different.

Wanted to get a snap poll of where the candidates stand to the C-D population at large. I'm sure many of you are PA residents, but even if you're not, who would you vote for if you lived there?

I'm combining the primary candidates for both races into one poll. For reference, the big races are:

Senate:

John Fetterman (D)
Mehmet Oz (R)

Governor:

Josh Shapiro (D)
Doug Mastriano (R)
Mastriano is great - he's a straight shooter, rock solid conservative.
Trump endorsed Oz - that's enough for me.

Old 08-10-2022, 04:18 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Stick to what you know, sweetie. I have voted for Republican candidates in the past, and likely will again, depending on the candidate, once the GOP gets off the crazy train.
We don't need RINO's.... the crazy train as you call it, is here to stay.

Old 08-10-2022, 05:15 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
We don't need RINO's.... the crazy train as you call it, is here to stay.
If a Republican isn`t on board with the NRA and the Ku Kluxxer wannabes he or she is a RINO? Nixon and Reagan would have no part of today`s GOP.

Old 08-10-2022, 06:42 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,216,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
A big city in the east and one in the west will carry the day. Not Tioga and Clearfield counties. Fetterman has been to every county in the state and Oz lives in NJ. The carpetbagger even misspelled his Pa. place of residence.
Fetterman needs two things, minorities to want to vote in Philly and an ability to get any votes in the suburbs/towns around Pittsburg will decide the race. Hillary having a cliff at the edge of the cities & no excitement among AAs is what allowed Trump and Toomey to carry the state in 2016.

Old 08-10-2022, 06:45 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,216,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post
Huh? In reality, Wolf just passed a state budget that includes a huge and long overdue corporate income tax cut, with very broad bipartisan support. They also increased funding to education, and increased the balance in the rainy-day fund, with money left over.

I’d say most of the people that left PA went to warm-weather states like FL because 1) they could, due to the ability to work virtually, and 2) because warm-weather winters are, well, warm.
I think Florida in particular (and Myrtle Beach, SC to a lesser degree) have become meccas for conservative retirees who want to live among other conservatives. Warm weather, lower taxes, more modern housing stock come into play but I think the lure of living among like minded people is really strong.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:24 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,354,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^This

I don't live in PA so I won't vote in this poll. That said, like you, if I did live in PA I would vote for Oz and Mastriano.
I DO live in PA...rural Western PA...and I would (make that WILL) vote for Oz and Mastriano.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections