Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which candidates would you vote for in PA?
SENATE: Fetterman 45 53.57%
SENATE: Oz 35 41.67%
SENATE: Other 4 4.76%
GOVERNOR: Mastriano 27 32.14%
GOVERNOR: Shapiro 40 47.62%
GOVERNOR: Other 5 5.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2022, 07:28 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times

Advertisements

PA is a crucial state every election, and 22 is no different.

Wanted to get a snap poll of where the candidates stand to the C-D population at large. I'm sure many of you are PA residents, but even if you're not, who would you vote for if you lived there?

I'm combining the primary candidates for both races into one poll. For reference, the big races are:

Senate:

John Fetterman (D)
Mehmet Oz (R)

Governor:

Josh Shapiro (D)
Doug Mastriano (R)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2022, 07:39 PM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Good idea. You can always count on accurate polling data here on CD.

Old 07-19-2022, 07:43 PM

6,035 posts, read 2,849,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
What do you mean? Lots of people have enough integrity to be truthful in these polls! This is the internet, where everyone is honest

I, for one, will refrain from voting in this poll, because I have integrity. However, if I lived in Pennsylvania, I would vote for Mr. Oz and Mr. Mastriano. Mr. Fetterman is a 'Bernie' Progressive, that if exploited properly, will not play out well in a general election, in Pennsylvania.

Old 07-19-2022, 07:53 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
All I counted on was getting an accurate poll of CD posters.

What else would I expect to get?

Old 07-19-2022, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
All I counted on was getting an accurate poll of CD posters.

What else would I expect to get?

And what exactly does that tell you? The R's will outnumber the D's and since the makeup of CD politics is not the same as PA, it has little bearing on how the candidates are actually doing. Especially since most voting are not in PA.

Old 07-19-2022, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
What do you mean? Lots of people have enough integrity to be truthful in these polls! This is the internet, where everyone is honest

I, for one, will refrain from voting in this poll, because I have integrity. However, if I lived in Pennsylvania, I would vote for Mr. Oz and Mr. Mastriano. Mr. Fetterman is a 'Bernie' Progressive, that if exploited properly, will not play out well in a general election, in Pennsylvania.

I agree on the politics of the candidates as you describe them. If Fetterman does win it would say more about his style coming off as an every man. Compared to Oz the polished TV doctor.

Old 07-19-2022, 09:28 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,364 times
EVERY poll on CD is 75% right wing so factor that in the results to get any meaningful data.

Old 07-20-2022, 11:24 AM

26 posts, read 24,398 times
[quote=paracord;63829140]PA is a crucial state every election, and 22 is no different.

Wanted to get a snap poll of where the candidates stand to the C-D population at large. I'm sure many of you are PA residents, but even if you're not, who would you vote for if you lived there?

I'm combining the primary candidates for both races into one poll. For reference, the big races are:

I used to be a Democrat. Then I got clean. Decided to stop going to jail. Decided to get a job. Buy a house etc etc...

Grew up. Once you grow up most normal people become Republicans.

Never realized what hypocrisy was until I pulled the needle outta my arm, and had to work for a living. Decided it was time to contribute to society instead of take take take. Becoming a conservative went hand and hand with hard work, and adulthood.
Best decision I ever made.
Getting clean 22 years ago, and becoming a responsible adult.
Also decided killing babies wasn't a good thing anymore either.

Old 07-20-2022, 12:08 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post

A big city in the east and one in the west will carry the day. Not Tioga and Clearfield counties. Fetterman has been to every county in the state and Oz lives in NJ. The carpetbagger even misspelled his Pa. place of residence.

Old 07-20-2022, 12:38 PM

6,035 posts, read 2,849,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
A big city in the east and one in the west will carry the day. Not Tioga and Clearfield counties.
That is true, as we learned this when Mrs. Clinton won the state in the 2016 election... Oh, wait a minute!...

The rural areas, specifically around Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, are not quite as Democratic as they used to be. Winning the cities of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh is no longer enough for a Democrat to win the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections