Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 02:16 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
No, I suspect too many of the polls are still way off this year and this skews the overall average.

(Imo) Kelly is up but Masters is within the margin of error and has been all summer..

Will some of those submerged voters rise to the surface for Cahaly? Or will they just sit 2020 out instead and wait for 2024?

My guess is they will vote and turnout will determine the winner.
For sure, I'll take an Arizonan's word for it more than anyone else's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2022, 03:46 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,637,451 times
Where is your evidence that Masters is an extermist?

Old 10-03-2022, 03:55 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,649,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Where is your evidence that Masters is an extermist?
He said that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump and supports legislation that forces a 12 year old raped by her cousin to carry out the pregnancy. Good enough "evidence"?

Old 10-03-2022, 05:37 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,637,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
He said that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump and supports legislation that forces a 12 year old raped by her cousin to carry out the pregnancy. Good enough "evidence"?
What's your source and citation?

Old 10-03-2022, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
What's your source and citation?
Oh please. His stances on the 2020 election and his hard line on abortion is all well known and very easy to confirm. Go look yourself. No matter what I post you’ll likely find some issue with the source or some other weak deflection. It is what it is. He’s an extremist. He seems to take pride in that. Not sure what you’re even arguing here.

Old 10-03-2022, 06:15 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times
Masters was one of the Republicans caught when his views on abortion suddenly mattered. Republicans had it easy for many years, stating their viewpoints opposing abortion when it essentially didn't matter with Roe v Wade in place. They were an easy way to appeal to an element of the Republican base. Now, those views can no longer be written off as irrelevant by those to whom it is important. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...site-rcna44808

Old 10-03-2022, 06:24 PM

65 posts, read 45,369 times
Quote:
Masters is done. He overestimated just how many angry conspiracy kooks there are and went full MAGAt, to his demise.
The biggest problem for Masters is that the national party hasn’t backed him because they would prefer establishment types, as opposed to America First politicians because they threaten the money laundering ring the DC politicos have going. So the Dems are vastly outspending the Rs.

A lot of people are tired of talking about the 2020 election, but they also want nothing to do with the Democrat agenda, or to turn AZ into CA. Sadly, AZ is on its way to becoming CA. I give us another 10 to 20 years before taxes and crime are out of control, especially if weak on border and crime Dems win.

Even as a former Democrat, it blows my mind how people can leave blue areas because of crime or taxes and be so excited to vote in the same policies that destroyed the place they left.

I didn’t get it. I though I was morally and intellectually superior to Republicans, and it’s amazing how confirmation bias and identity politics blind you to the truth.

My neighbor has yard signs for Hobbs and Fuentes and was literally complaining to me about her recent trip to San Fran, and how bad the city has become with needles all over the street, etc.

I just had to keep my mouth shut because I didn’t want to get into politics with a neighbor and Democrats today won’t speak to you if you vote a certain way.

But like, hello??? The more liberal San Fran, Portland and LA get, the worse their standard of living becomes. But then G-d forbid, you vote Republican.

Old 10-03-2022, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Masters was one of the Republicans caught when his views on abortion suddenly mattered. Republicans had it easy for many years, stating their viewpoints opposing abortion when it essentially didn't matter with Roe v Wade in place. They were an easy way to appeal to an element of the Republican base. Now, those views can no longer be written off as irrelevant by those to whom it is important. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...site-rcna44808
A lot of former liberals are now voting Republican, so while being pro-life used to appeal to R voters, it no longer does as much because the whole party has had to move to the left on social issues to attract former Ds.

I’m pro choice with some restrictions, but abortion isn’t the most important issue to me so I’ll vote R regardless.

Old 10-03-2022, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaysway View Post
The biggest problem for Masters is that the national party hasn’t backed him because they would prefer establishment types, as opposed to America First politicians because they threaten the money laundering ring the DC politicos have going. So the Dems are vastly outspending the Rs.

A lot of people are tired of talking about the 2020 election, but they also want nothing to do with the Democrat agenda, or to turn AZ into CA. Sadly, AZ is on its way to becoming CA. I give us another 10 to 20 years before taxes and crime are out of control, especially if weak on border and crime Dems win.

Even as a former Democrat, it blows my mind how people can leave blue areas because of crime or taxes and be so excited to vote in the same policies that destroyed the place they left.

I didn’t get it. I though I was morally and intellectually superior to Republicans, and it’s amazing how confirmation bias and identity politics blind you to the truth.

My neighbor has yard signs for Hobbs and Fuentes and was literally complaining to me about her recent trip to San Fran, and how bad the city has become with needles all over the street, etc.

I just had to keep my mouth shut because I didn’t want to get into politics with a neighbor and Democrats today won’t speak to you if you vote a certain way.

But like, hello??? The more liberal San Fran, Portland and LA get, the worse their standard of living becomes. But then G-d forbid, you vote Republican.
Just because someone supports Hobbs and Fontes doesn’t mean any of the other nonsense you’re stereotyping. Those are the only sane, moderate choices for AZ. Those aren’t SF liberals. The other options are so extreme that they don’t stand a chance. And thank goodness for that. Can you imagine Lake and Finchem running the state?! We’d be a laughing stock.

Old 10-03-2022, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Just because someone supports Hobbs and Fontes doesn’t mean any of the other nonsense you’re stereotyping. Those are the only sane, moderate choices for AZ. Those aren’t SF liberals. The other options are so extreme that they don’t stand a chance. And thank goodness for that. Can you imagine Lake and Finchem running the state?! We’d be a laughing stock.
Katie Hobbs won’t even debate. What a loss for independent voters. We deserve to hear each speak about their ideas. Anyway, neither one of them is moderate. Both of them demonize people who don’t think like them, which IMHO is the true danger to democracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections