Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2022, 08:15 PM

13,241 posts, read 7,295,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingRebel View Post
A single person who was charged with taking 4 ballots to a drop box is what Republicans called a massive fraud? If she was living in the state of Florida this would be legal. Her actions had zero impact on Trump's loss in 2020.

It's no different then this woman who voted for Trump with her dead mother's ballot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2022, 10:07 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,258,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
6) Lake is pro life, Hobbs for abortions on demand but Lake is the crazy extremist?
Actually, the majority of adults are pro choice. I wouldn't call Lake an extremist, but she is out of touch with the majority on this issue. Abortion is one of those topics which should have NEVER been made into a political issue. It's a personal matter which should be left up to the woman, her family, and her doctor ... not a government body. Kind of funny how so called conservative Republicans who favor less government are quick to call for banning or restricting abortion, and become so sentimental about saving the unborn. On this matter, they act more like bleeding heart liberals with all their emotion & protectionism.

Old 10-05-2022, 10:32 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,285,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Actually, the majority of adults are pro choice. I wouldn't call Lake an extremist, but she is out of touch with the majority on this issue. Abortion is one of those topics which should have NEVER been made into a political issue. It's a personal matter which should be left up to the woman, her family, and her doctor ... not a government body. Kind of funny how so called conservative Republicans who favor less government are quick to call for banning or restricting abortion, and become so sentimental about saving the unborn. On this matter, they act more like bleeding heart liberals with all their emotion & protectionism.
and you know this how? The majority of Americans will allow abortions regulated. Germany has a 12 week limit and NO country in Europe which liberals wants to copy has abortions as a constitutional right. To say the majority of Americans are for unlimited abortions on demand is a lie.

It's your OPINION that ending a life must be only left with a woman and her doctor. I don't add family like you did because a man or any member of the family doesn't have any say today or ever , so it's disingenuous for you to say the family has a say in ending a life.

Who made it political in 1973 and made up law and ignored the 10th amendment and took out the democratic process from the people and pushed a law on all 50 states ?

Funny, how you view this as a personal matter and it's our body but when it comes to vaccinations and forcing drugs on millions of people that is totally acceptable for liberals for the government to force it on the nation. Not only that but lie about it. Democrats have no problems with that.

If you think abortions on demand with no restrictions is the #1 issue for you then vote Democrat and I can see why you view pro lifers like Lake as "extremist". The only thing liberals wants NO government regulation is abortions on demand and drugs except when they want the government to subsidize it. For everything else, they want big government and the government to get in our lives.

Old 10-05-2022, 10:50 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,049,740 times
Quote:
and you know this how? The majority of Americans will allow abortions regulated. Germany has a 12 week limit and NO country in Europe which liberals wants to copy has abortions as a constitutional right. To say the majority of Americans are for unlimited abortions on demand is a lie.

It's your OPINION that ending a life must be only left with a woman and her doctor. I don't add family like you did because a man or any member of the family doesn't have any say today or ever , so it's disingenuous for you to say the family has a say in ending a life.

Who made it political in 1973 and made up law and ignored the 10th amendment and took out the democratic process from the people and pushed a law on all 50 states ?

Funny, how you view this as a personal matter and it's our body but when it comes to vaccinations and forcing drugs on millions of people that is totally acceptable for liberals for the government to force it on the nation. Not only that but lie about it. Democrats have no problems with that.

If you think abortions on demand with no restrictions is the #1 issue for you then vote Democrat and I can see why you view pro lifers like Lake as "extremist". The only thing liberals wants NO government regulation is abortions on demand and drugs except when they want the government to subsidize it. For everything else, they want big government and the government to get in our lives.
It's your opinion that a fetus is a life. Others disagree with you. So why is your opinion more important. You're upset by being forced to get a vaccination. How does that affect the rest of your life. Forcing women to give birth affects the rest of their lives. So you either want government controlling our lives or you don't. You can't have it both ways

Old 10-05-2022, 11:37 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,258,176 times
Quote:
I didn't say pro abortion or in favor of complete abortion on demand. Most Americans are pro choice, meaning it should be left to the individual to make this decision with some limitations. Poll after poll indicates the majority of adults are not in favor of heavily restricting or banning most abortions like many in the GOP are so adamant about. That's how I know this.

Quote:
Of course the family has a say, but it's their choice. If they choose to be involved or choose not to, who the hell cares? The point is that it shouldn't be the government's business.

Quote:
Yep, the liberals certainly made it a political issue, and the so called conservatives did as well. Both sides are just as guilty. I came to the conclusion that overturning Roe vs. Wade was the right thing to do, but the issue is still a personal matter which shouldn't be in the hands of any government body. You know very well that states which have restrictive abortion laws are not stopping the practice at all. Abortions will always be performed somewhere.

Quote:
I agree, but I'm neither a liberal nor a Democrat. There are other viewpoints besides the tired out Democrat/Republican/liberal/conservative ones. Many independents see things a different way ... and Libertarians like me are even more conservative than the GOP on some issues, but we believe the government should simply stay the hell out of our lives on practically all issues, regardless of political labels.

Quote:
You're good at jumping to conclusions. Read what I posted earlier: I clearly stated that I don't believe Lake is an extremist, but she is out of touch with the majority on the abortion issue. For the record, the only time I'm completely against abortion is when the government subsidizes it. Most of the time, abortions are paid for with private money, so what business is it of yours or the government's to tell a woman what she can do with her own body if taxpayers' money isn't involved? Funny how Republicans suddenly become pansy bleeding heart liberals on the issue of abortion. Ohhh, we have to pass laws to protect all those poor innocent unborn babies. WAAAAH!

Old 10-06-2022, 01:23 AM

Quote:
I didn't say pro abortion or in favor of complete abortion on demand. Most Americans are pro choice, meaning it should be left to the individual to make this decision with some limitations. Poll after poll indicates the majority of adults are not in favor of heavily restricting or banning most abortions like many in the GOP are so adamant about. That's how I know this.

Some limitation? Yeah, it's call regulation and under the 10th amendment under our constitution it says it's the states and the people that will decide what kind of regulation they want. It's call federalism.

Again, here you go again with the myth that the "majority" of Americans are pro choice with "some" limitation in which you can't define. If your side is the majority, We would had already made it constitution by democratic legislation and not needed for a few judges to make law in 1973.

If your side is the "majority" like you say, then pass it by federal legislation to see if you have the votes since you ignore the millions of Americans that are pro life. Make it an Amendment. By your opinion, the majority in the U.S. would be Democrat states, the majority of governorship and state legislative branches would be Democrat but the fact is it's not. So that kills your myth.

Quote:
Of course the family has a say, but it's their choice. If they choose to be involved or choose not to, who the hell cares? The point is that it shouldn't be the government's business.

Again, that's your opinion but for millions of Americans the government should protect life and regulate abortions.

Quote:
Yep, the liberals certainly made it a political issue, and the so called conservatives did as well. Both sides are just as guilty. I came to the conclusion that overturning Roe vs. Wade was the right thing to do, but the issue is still a personal matter which shouldn't be in the hands of any government body. You know very well that states which have restrictive abortion laws are not stopping the practice at all. Abortions will always be performed somewhere.

So having abortions on demand with government subsidizing it will be the same as abortions with regulations? I don't see it but o.k. If regulations on abortions can save 5,000 lives a year that would be a success. Just 15% less a year would be a success.

Quote:
but we believe the government should simply stay the hell out of our lives on practically all issues, regardless of political labels.
On all issues when it comes to life and security? We don't agree. The government should protect life and liberty and the rest you can do whatever you like.

Quote:
You're good at jumping to conclusions. Read what I posted earlier: I clearly stated that I don't believe Lake is an extremist, but she is out of touch with the majority on the abortion issue. For the record, the only time I'm completely against abortion is when the government subsidizes it. Most of the time, abortions are paid for with private money, so what business is it of yours or the government's to tell a woman what she can do with her own body if taxpayers' money isn't involved? Funny how Republicans suddenly become pansy bleeding heart liberals on the issue of abortion. Ohhh, we have to pass laws to protect all those poor innocent unborn babies. WAAAAH!
Lake is not because she will let the people of Arizona decide by democratic legislation what kind of regulation they want on abortions for the state and she will not shove it down to the other 49 states like Hobbs and Democrats want.. That's not an extremist or out of touch. That's mainstream and constitutional.

Don't We have laws to protect you from me beating your brains in or raping you but you don't want to extend that courtesy to unborn children because you don't want the government putting regulations on you? Too much to ask of you to have an abortion before the 4 month??? That's too much to ask of you?

We disagree on this 1 issue.

Old 10-06-2022, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's your opinion that a fetus is a life. Others disagree with you. So why is your opinion more important. You're upset by being forced to get a vaccination. How does that affect the rest of your life. Forcing women to give birth affects the rest of their lives. So you either want government controlling our lives or you don't. You can't have it both ways

Science is not an opinion. The predominance of human biological research confirms that human life begins at conception—fertilization. At fertilization, the human being emerges as a whole, genetically distinct, individuated zygotic living human organism, a member of the species Homo sapiens, needing only the proper environment in order to grow and develop. The difference between the individual in its adult stage and in its zygotic stage is one of form, not nature. This statement focuses on the scientific evidence of when an individual human life begins.

https://acpeds.org/position-statemen...an-life-begins

Now, if We can finally agree when lives begin then We can have an honest debate at what stage of life it could be terminated for whatever reason or with limitations and how are the people are going to enforce the standards under democratic legislation. If you still think it's not a life then We can't move the conversation to 2nd base because you want to ignore science.

On the vaccination, the government shouldn't force a drug against the will of citizens especially by lies. I'm not ending a life but I can decide not to take a drug. Just like rejecting therapy or chemo or surgery.

I think you got me confused with another person. I believe abortions should be legal and rare. Germany has a 12 week limitation and so does the rest of Europe. Abortions should be legal with limitations. 3, 4 or 5 months is reasonable for you to terminate your pregnancy. I don't like extremes from either side.

Old 10-06-2022, 10:04 AM

13,241 posts, read 7,295,079 times
Arizona will make abortion legal and added to our state constitution so the right winger kooks we have in our legislature won't be able to stop it.

The initiative was able to get 175k signatures in only 2 1/2 months. They need 336k signatures were not able to make the cut off by July. If the legislature truly wanted Arizona voters to decide they would have put it on the ballot. The only thing they put on the ballot every election cycle is a initiative to modify our constitution so they can reverse ballot measures. They hate ballot measures because they don't represent a majority of Arizona voters. They keep getting reelected mostly by gerrymandering.

Old 10-06-2022, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
. They hate ballot measures because they don't represent a majority of Arizona voters. They keep getting reelected mostly by gerrymandering.

So pro lifers Arizona governors Jan Brewer and Doug Ducey won by 54% and 56% because of "gerrymandering"???? How do you win a state wide election with gerrymandering????? Your bias sounds silly.

Old 10-06-2022, 10:29 AM

13,692 posts, read 7,979,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Arizona will make abortion legal and added to our state constitution so the right winger kooks we have in our legislature won't be able to stop it.

The initiative was able to get 175k signatures in only 2 1/2 months. They need 336k signatures were not able to make the cut off by July. If the legislature truly wanted Arizona voters to decide they would have put it on the ballot. The only thing they put on the ballot every election cycle is a initiative to modify our constitution so they can reverse ballot measures. They hate ballot measures because they don't represent a majority of Arizona voters. They keep getting reelected mostly by gerrymandering.

The issue will put before the voters in 2024 and they will decide.

Now, I don't know about you but almost every political post card I receive in the mail (Mesa, AZ) stresses the issue of abortion. These political postcards are huge. A lot of money was spent creating them. The Dems are spending millions and millions in AZ.

But alas it's the price of gas and the cost of groceries that may ultimately doom the Dems in AZ

Don't forget Arizonians. Tonight is the big night.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mark...ry?id=91048567

Last edited by john3232; 10-06-2022 at 11:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections