Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 09:08 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The big difference between me and you and your party is I wont have you arrested for having a different opinion than me. Congrats on shilling for a totalitarian regime.
Who’s been arrested for an opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2022, 09:12 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
She’s a clown. A manufactured clown meant to pander to those still angry about their 2020 election conspiracy fantasies. She was an Obama supporter and a supporter of the local LGBT community, until she realized that there was a large enough group waiting to be spoon-fed nonsense vitriol. Power is a crazy thing. She literally said that the 2020 election was stolen and that 12 year old rape victims should be forced to give birth. That’s a DQ, dawg.

1) Typical left with name calling and nothing specific in policies. No talk about inflation, energy, taxes, border, crimes, water, education, parent's rights or the mandates.

2) She was a Reagan Republican until 2006 and left the party because of Bush illegal wars and return in 2012. I call that values. More than I can say about Hobbs who lost 2 civil suits because of her racism.

3) Lake never said such a thing. She is pro life. I guess for a lefty like you that would be extremist.

4) She said the 2020 election had a lot of irregularities and had to be challenged. The same thing Democrats have said for years when they lose but I guess when Democrats do it, it's mainstream and when a Republican does it, it's extremist and crazy.

5) If you think the top issues in Arizona are the left wing narrative of the 2020 elections and be for abortions demand and for the Biden's agenda then you are more lost than a cockroach without antennas and don't understand why Lake will beat Hobbs

6) Lake is pro life, Hobbs for abortions on demand but Lake is the crazy extremist?

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 10-03-2022 at 10:12 PM..

Old 10-03-2022, 10:22 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaysway View Post
Maybe you should look at Lake’s ideas if you don’t know what she stands for because she has some really good ideas and talks about them often. It’s interesting that independents and republicans can often better describe liberal policies and rationale (without the drama and hyperbole) than democrats can explain Republican policies.

Our national dialogue has become so dumb that it’s now nothing more than name calling and false accusations.

In a free society, you’re allowed to question things. Including elections. Lots of democrats have. Pre-2020 there were even lots of politicians on both sides of the aisle talking about security issues with the counting machines.

This whole hand-wringing about saving our democracy from questions and certain kinds of speech is nothing but political theater. It’s really sad actually. Now half the country tells the other half they’re racist morons who don’t deserve to speak all while claiming they’re pro freedom.

But what I was more referring to was when Katie called Trump supporters Neo-Nazis. Thats wholly inappropriate and part of the high temperatures that we need to turn the dial down on in order to find civility in our country again.

Katie Hobbs, to me, represents everything wrong with this country. I find HER hateful, divisive and an inept politician.

I'm hoping AZ voting runs without any issues or voters will scream. Now, the AZ audit cost taxpayers roughly 6 million and my feeling is once envelopes are opened and ballots tossed into the mix it's too late. However, it's now **2022 and voters will need to make sure their ballot is filled out properly and returned on time. I'm pleased with this recent USSC ruling:
https://www.npr.org/2021/07/01/99875...estrict-voting

I suspect "voter suppression" will be their default position should the Dems have poor showing this Nov in AZ along with other battleground states.

**What has and hasn’t changed about voting in Arizona ahead of the primary
https://www.azmirror.com/2022/07/11/...f-the-primary/

Last edited by john3232; 10-03-2022 at 10:34 PM..

Old 10-04-2022, 12:34 PM

1,694 posts, read 1,275,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I'm hoping AZ voting runs without any issues or voters will scream. Now, the AZ audit cost taxpayers roughly 6 million and my feeling is once envelopes are opened and ballots tossed into the mix it's too late. However, it's now **2022 and voters will need to make sure their ballot is filled out properly and returned on time. I'm pleased with this recent USSC ruling:

I suspect "voter suppression" will be their default position should the Dems have poor showing this Nov in AZ along with other battleground states.

Ahhh yes, the old voter suppression myth.

Old 10-04-2022, 12:55 PM

2,774 posts, read 5,727,219 times
Quote:

I'll be curious to see if we get another situation where someone tries to distribute another lump of "Zuckerbucks" like last time.
Also, I'm curious to see if there will be organizations watching so closely to see if I've sent in my mail-in ballot. Last election I got at least 6 mailings from The Voter Participation Center.

Old 10-04-2022, 04:10 PM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Mark Kelly still holds a comfortable average lead of 6.9%

Ballot Harvesting (ballot collection) is a myth you could say the mailman is harvesting ballots. The best part is several red states allow it like Louisiana, Florida, South Carolina, Arkansas, Alaska. Republicans wanted turn it into something it never was pass some laws so they could claim they did something.

https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_harve..._laws_by_state

Last edited by kell490; 10-04-2022 at 04:25 PM..

Old 10-04-2022, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
https://www.city-data.com/forum/64235041-post11.html

Last edited by john3232; 10-04-2022 at 04:59 PM..

Old 10-04-2022, 06:27 PM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
Unlikely in this case polling is outside the margin if even 5% you keep trying to give Republicans. The Supreme Court ruling will have no effect on Arizona elections since 88% of Arizona voters vote by mail.

Old 10-04-2022, 06:34 PM

219 posts, read 176,964 times
Quote:

Ballot Harvesting (ballot collection) is a myth you could say the mailman is harvesting ballots. The best part is several red states allow it like Louisiana, Florida, South Carolina, Arkansas, Alaska. Republicans wanted turn it into something it never was pass some laws so they could claim they did something.

https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_harve..._laws_by_state
Yes, ballot harvesting is a myth. https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...arvesting-case

Old 10-04-2022, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Unlikely in this case polling is outside the margin if even 5% you keep trying to give Republicans. The Supreme Court ruling will have no effect on Arizona elections since 88% of Arizona voters vote by mail.
538 noted the Senate polls in the last election had a Democratic bias of 5-points, not me.

Knock off the 5 and the race is exactly where Robert Cahaly/Trafalgar has it today: Kelly by 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections