Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2022, 05:55 PM

2,375 posts, read 2,706,169 times

Advertisements

I guess all eyes are on independents these days.

This remark made me think wistfully of an old friend who used to get impatient with everybody.

Candidate Strains to Win Over Arizona Independents

“I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him."

https://dnyuz.com/2022/09/28/g-o-p-s...-independents/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2022, 07:47 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Masters is done. He overestimated just how many angry conspiracy kooks there are and went full MAGAt, to his demise.

Old 10-03-2022, 06:19 AM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
I thought political discussion wasn't allowed in the Arizona forums?

Old 10-03-2022, 11:42 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
I thought political discussion wasn't allowed in the Arizona forums?
They aren't, which I why I'm moving this thread to the ELECTIONS forum.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-03-2022, 12:23 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
To me, Arizona is the Florida of the West.
It's a state that's chock full of retirees from other places. They come from all over, and may live in Arizona full-time, part-time, or only part-part time, only a few weeks of a year. Those folks often choose Arizona as their primary residence, but that never means they'll vote there. Many remain on the voting rolls in their old home states.
The home to a lot of hispanics and other minorities that never vote. Arizona voters are always in the moment; when something happens there, the voters will change their minds in a split-second.

The retirees are only part of the ever-shifting politics. There's no city in Arizona that's a stable power center for a political party like there is in the other western states.

Politics can change in a flash there, and then change back to what it was before just as quickly.

It's a basically conservative state that goes through spasms of liberalism frequently that never lasts for very long. And when the state goes back to conservatism, it becomes more extreme than it was before. When it's liberal, it sometimes goes to liberal extremes.

Over this century, nature has gone to extremes there too. That's further complicated Arizona's politics.

I gave up trying to predict any outcome in Arizona long ago. The folks there have elected some of our finest politicians, and then have elected some of our worst, and sometimes elect both at the same time.

Last edited by banjomike; 10-03-2022 at 12:33 PM..

Old 10-03-2022, 12:47 PM

13,687 posts, read 7,973,244 times
AZ Republic/Suffolk poll has Kelly up by 7.

However, Robert Cahaly with Trafalgar has Kelly by 2.

Cahaly has been saying all year many polling outfits are inaccurate because they don't catch the "submerged" Rep vote.

This Nov. should give a good idea the accuracy of Trafalgar and Cahaly who has been getting a lot of media attention this election

Old 10-03-2022, 01:16 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Kelly is not winning by 7 in Arizona. Let's cut out that b.s.

Old 10-03-2022, 01:34 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
AZ Republic/Suffolk poll has Kelly up by 7.

However, Robert Cahaly with Trafalgar has Kelly by 2.

Cahaly has been saying all year many polling outfits are inaccurate because they don't catch the "submerged" Rep vote.

This Nov. should give a good idea the accuracy of Trafalgar and Cahaly who has been getting a lot of media attention this election
So if you split the difference between those 2 polls, Kelly is still up by 5.

That's still a respectable lead when the Republicans in Arizona are split down the middle.
There are quite a lot of Repubs who can't make up their minds as to who they'll vote for this year.

Will some of those submerged voters rise to the surface for Cahaly? Or will they just sit 2020 out instead and wait for 2024?

Polling won't ever answer those questions in a state where a late-season heat wave can throw an election on its head.

Old 10-03-2022, 01:56 PM

13,687 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
So if you split the difference between those 2 polls, Kelly is still up by 5.

That's still a respectable lead when the Republicans in Arizona are split down the middle.
There are quite a lot of Repubs who can't make up their minds as to who they'll vote for this year.

Will some of those submerged voters rise to the surface for Cahaly? Or will they just sit 2020 out instead and wait for 2024?

Polling won't ever answer those questions in a state where a late-season heat wave can throw an election on its head.

No, I suspect too many of the polls are still way off this year and this skews the overall average.

(Imo) Kelly is up but Masters is within the margin of error and has been all summer..

My guess is they will vote and turnout will determine the winner.

Old 10-03-2022, 02:07 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Masters is an extremist. Kelly is a moderate. Moderates play really well in AZ. This one is obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections