Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2022, 02:54 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Musk doesn't own Twitter right now.
Kanye West is back on twitter after a two year ban
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d-by-elon-musk

And I'm sure Trump could have his account reactivated by the time I get to the rally if he wanted. (Leaving in 15 min)
https://www.city-data.com/forum/64263281-post74.html

Unlike other social media platforms I seriously doubt twitter will attempt to censor any Rep. tweets.

Old 10-09-2022, 03:03 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
The Republican ads I'm seeing in my neck of the woods are mostly attack ads on the left. They are not *for* anything. They're vague, meanspirited attacks in a way I don't recall seeing in the past.
Oh, where is that? The Democrat ads I'm seeing are 100% "vague, meanspirited attacks" here in Florida.

I'm sure you understand that your party slings mud at least as much if not more than the Republican Party, right?

Old 10-09-2022, 03:16 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,420,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Oh, where is that? The Democrat ads I'm seeing are 100% "vague, meanspirited attacks" here in Florida.

I'm sure you understand that your party slings mud at least as much if not more than the Republican Party, right?
I was just answering the question about seeing compelling Republican ads. The Dem ads I see tend to talk more about the candidates being promoted than attacking their opponents. That's just a fact.

Old 10-09-2022, 03:26 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
How many here agree with Biden that the border is secure?

Old 10-09-2022, 03:50 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,309,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Kanye West is back on twitter after a two year ban
Elon Musk is not yet the owner of Twitter.

Kayne West got banned from Twitter again today.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/09/kanye-...isemitic-post/

Kanye West now suspended from Twitter after vile anti-Semitic rant

Kanye West was suspended from Twitter after writing early Sunday that he wanted to go “death con 3” on Jews — just hours after Elon Musk welcomed him back to the platform.

Old 10-09-2022, 03:52 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
The Rs are usually really weak and bad at messaging.
Can anyone tell me if they are seeing compelling R ads on social media ar TV.
The problem that Google and Twitter are blocking their Ads needs to be addressed.
Agreed, but the Pub must take over the House AND Senate to fix it.

I'm glad the Pubs put out their Commitment to American plan, but where is the Dems plan?

Dems are afraid to put it in writing, so I'll help them...

-divide Americans into smaller groups, then pit them against the other

-take over every federal gov't agency, and use them as weapons against anyone who opposes them

-use teachers unions to trash inner city schools so blacks & latino's cannot get a proper education

-open borders to buy future votes and provide low cost labor to their Fortune 500 partners in crime

-let criminals go free w/o bail, or w/ crazy low bail, to stress the law enforcement system

-cram Green energy down people's throats, even if its not ready to replace fossil fuels, & gas prices surge

-spend trillions more we dont have so inflation will soar, but their cronies will donate to keep them in power

-practice eugenics using abortion and inner city lawlessness as tools

Old 10-09-2022, 04:31 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
They will not have a discussion with you surrounding the issues. They'll parrott back to you what they hear on CNN, & MSNBC. When you start to question their talking points, they'll begin to lose the debate, & turn nasty, & close down.

I suggest sending them this link, and asking them what they find objectionable to it:

https://www.republicanleader.gov/commitment/

The, ask them where the Democrat Committment to American is at so you can read it

You will not change their minds, but you may get them to start thinking a little more for themselves.
There is no plan n that plan.
That plan is just about how bad democrats are and how bad the situation is.
What is the plan exactly?
Is there are bill I can read?
Are they planning to fund the wall?
It just isn’t clear.
Hard to argue with platitudes.

Old 10-09-2022, 04:43 PM

Quote:
It's best that I say nothing. I suspect if the Rep. have a big night Trump may announce he's running again before Thanksgiving. If so, my siblings and their adult children will be triggered at the slightest mention of politics.

I want to be included at weddings and other family events. At present I civil relationship with everyone and want to keep it that way.

Last Thanksgiving my sister-in-laws brother who lives in Virginia joined the zoom call. When the discussion turned to how horrible it was Virginia went red he decline to comment. I suspect he voted Rep.

Zoom holiday calls are perfect for our family. I can wish everyone the best and after an hour click off. Because once the drinking starts and politics are brought up... the knives will come out.
If you or your relatives support anti semetic comments like Kanye west’s, I would say there is going to be a giant problem around the dinner table. We won’t take kindly to folks who want to kill many in our family.
We don’t want “def con 3” for any of our loved ones - even if they disagree politically. That is taking it to dangerous territory.

Old 10-09-2022, 04:45 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
No I don’t support his comments nor was I aware he felt that way

Ps:
3.46 almost to the security entrance point Mesa trump rally

A lot of people here

Trump is supposed to go on at 4

Old 10-09-2022, 05:13 PM

Quote:
No I don’t support his comments nor was I aware he felt that way

Ps:
3.46 almost to the security entrance point Mesa trump rally

A lot of people here

Trump is supposed to go on at 4
Just a thought- maybe those who disagree with you politically have some valid points - see my post above.
Next time listen with an open heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections