Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 06:31 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
It is comforting to know the elections are now only 1 month away.

I'm ready for problem-solving leadership that isn't pushing division, open borders, lawlessness, & energy dependence.

I'm ready for the return to American ideals, & keeping criminals locked up, so they can't hurt another person.

I hope moderate Dems & Independents have had enough of the poor leadership now in power, & will vote them out. There are not enough Pubs to do it.

I'm confident that the House will go Red, but no so confident about the Senate. The Senate will be a squeaker.

I'm, so ready for the results to arrive the night of November 8th. The total rule of the Uber Left Radicals who hate America is about to end.
11,000 prisoners were released when the pandemic began and 17 of them were arrested for committing non violent crimes. The cost of locking people up is $42,000 dollars a year.
The borders are not open.
Trump and his cult are indeed divisive as we all saw on J6.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...incarceration/

Old 10-12-2022, 06:59 AM

3,162 posts, read 2,214,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastletonSnob1 View Post
Who will win by more, Abbott or DeSantis?
RCP is currently showing the polling average for Abbott winning by 8.5% and DeSantis by 7.8%. Given the typical bias in the polls, most likely both will win by about the same margin between 10-12%.

Old 10-12-2022, 08:05 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
In our traditionally democratic stronghold, we hear more and more people talking about a change, due to the crime and lack of prosecution, the inflation, supply chain issues, and tiresome wokeness. In fact it's caused some couples to get into loud arguments. I expect there to be some families splitting their votes for the first time, and there may be some real surprises in some states.

Old 10-12-2022, 08:27 AM

6,824 posts, read 14,036,923 times
"The last major immigration reforms were passed in '86 under Reagan, the are obsolete."

Thought I would post this here so that we could jog both side memories.

Old 10-15-2022, 11:10 AM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Now, only about 3 weeks until the radical uber left loses some control. I feel better with each passing day.

Our darkest days are mostly behind us. It has been a long dreary 2 years, but there's a bright light shining clearly from the end of the tunnel, and the tunnel no longer points straight down to you know where.

Our great country is about to get a shot in the arm, & we'll see a slow return to "equal justice for all" in our local communities, cities, & states. Thousands of radical DA's & prosecutors will be shown the door, and radical "educators" too as parents take back our schools from radical uber leftists who have been poisening our children's minds.

Equal justice at the federal level may take a while longer, but if we can win back the local levels, & get some momentum in DC, I'll be satisfied for a while. Most politics is local, so that is where our victories will be most meaningful.

Better times lie just ahead for the majority of Americans, as the radical minority gets extracated from our society for decaldes to come...they'll be back some day, but not anytime soon.

Old 10-15-2022, 11:33 AM

6,035 posts, read 2,849,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Now, only about 3 weeks until the radical uber left loses some control. I feel better with each passing day.

Our darkest days are mostly behind us. It has been a long dreary 2 years, but there's a bright light shining clearly from the end of the tunnel, and the tunnel no longer points straight down to you know where.

Our great country is about to get a shot in the arm, & we'll see a slow return to "equal justice for all" in our local communities, cities, & states. Thousands of radical DA's & prosecutors will be shown the door, and radical "educators" too as parents take back our schools from radical uber leftists who have been poisoning our children's minds.

Equal justice at the federal level may take a while longer, but if we can win back the local levels, & get some momentum in DC, I'll be satisfied for a while. Most politics is local, so that is where our victories will be most meaningful.

Better times lie just ahead for the majority of Americans, as the radical minority gets extricated from our society for decades to come...they'll be back some day, but not anytime soon.
Polling is looking much better for the Republicans, too.

The last three Generic Ballot polls, released over the last two days, have it as Trafalgar - Republican +5, Harvard-Harris - Republican +6, and Rasmussen - Republican +7.

The previous poll taken by each reported the following: Trafalgar - Republican +5, Harvard-Harris - Democrat +2, Rasmussen - Republican +1.

Old 10-15-2022, 01:53 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Elections are 1 month from today...relief ahead?

No.

These midterms are just prep work for the next presidential election. Any relief will be short-lived.

Old 10-15-2022, 02:08 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,254,619 times
I just want them to stop texting me asking for money.

Old 10-15-2022, 02:37 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Elections are 1 month from today...relief ahead?

No.

These midterms are just prep work for the next presidential election. Any relief will be short-lived.
For a week following the Nov. election there will be gloating.

Then it's back to the polls show...

Old 10-15-2022, 02:47 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,742,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Polling is looking much better for the Republicans, too.

The last three Generic Ballot polls, released over the last two days, have it as Trafalgar - Republican +5, Harvard-Harris - Republican +6, and Rasmussen - Republican +7.

The previous poll taken by each reported the following: Trafalgar - Republican +5, Harvard-Harris - Democrat +2, Rasmussen - Republican +1.
You can see the wave starting to form, at just the right time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections