Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2022, 07:04 AM

25,744 posts, read 12,832,402 times

Advertisements

It is comforting to know the elections are now only 1 month away.

I'm ready for problem-solving leadership that isn't pushing division, open borders, lawlessness, & energy dependence.

I'm ready for the return to American ideals, & keeping criminals locked up, so they can't hurt another person.

I hope moderate Dems & Independents have had enough of the poor leadership now in power, & will vote them out. There are not enough Pubs to do it.

I'm confident that the House will go Red, but no so confident about the Senate. The Senate will be a squeaker.

I'm, so ready for the results to arrive the night of November 8th. The total rule of the Uber Left Radicals who hate America is about to end.

Old 10-08-2022, 09:39 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

I'm ready for problem-solving leadership that isn't pushing division, open borders, lawlessness, & energy dependence.

I'm ready for the return to American ideals, & keeping criminals locked up, so they can't hurt another person.

I hope moderate Dems & Independents have had enough of the poor leadership now in power, & will vote them out. There are not enough Pubs to do it.

I'm confident that the House will go Red, but no so confident about the Senate. The Senate will be a squeaker.

I'm, so ready for the results to arrive the night of November 8th. The total rule of the Uber Left Radicals who hate America is about to end.

Our country is completely split and I don't see this changing anytime soon. Hell, my family is split. I am a registered Republican but my brother and sister are deep blue Dem. Now, both my sister and sister-in-law enjoy virtue signaling and I can only imagine what our Thanksgiving zoom gathering (hour long) will be like if Reps have a big night this Nov. The key is not to take the bait.

I'll say something like, "The weather is great in AZ right now. Very mild"

And someone will likely come back with, "Yes, but AZ voted red and..."

To which I say, "You know it does get cold at night esp. during Dec and Jan. There's a problem with my AC unit and the heat didn't work properly last year. The unit is 14 years and I don't want to spend a lot on repairs. I'm thinking about replacing it now that I've got a reliable AC vendor."

My sister and sister in law just hate it when I refuse to be drawn into a political discussion.

Last edited by john3232; 10-08-2022 at 10:46 AM..

Old 10-08-2022, 03:54 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,435,284 times
Don't be so confident that the house will be Republican. All the election laws that were changed and made it so easy for Democrats to cheat are still in place.

Old 10-08-2022, 04:03 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,526 times
I don't expect much to change, the pubs will try to impeach Biden anyway they can which will continue the division.

The pubs will try to pass their national abortion ban which is not what America wants, this will lead to further division.

The pubs will try to defund the FBI which will lead to further division.

SCOTUS will rule on Moore v Harper giving the states greater control of gerrymandering and allowing the pols to pick their voters which is not good for democracy.

Drill baby drill will be a common theme, but the reality is that thousands of small/medium oil producing operations went bankrupt during the prior administration and the larger producers will only want to produce more if the price per barrel is well north of $120.

I would like to see the pubs come up with immigration legislation which is the best way to stop the flood of immigrants coming over with amnesty claims. But most likely they won't do anything other than cry about "open borders".

Bottom line is the pubs do not have any solutions to more this country forward, I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Old 10-08-2022, 04:19 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
I don't expect much to change, the pubs will try to impeach Biden anyway they can which will continue the division.

The pubs will try to pass their national abortion ban which is not what America wants, this will lead to further division.

SCOTUS will rule on Moore v Harper giving the states greater control of gerrymandering and allowing the pols to pick their voters which is not good for democracy.

Drill baby drill will be a common theme, but the reality is that thousands of small/medium oil producing operations went bankrupt during the prior administration and the larger producers will only want to produce more if the price per barrel is well north of $120.

I would like to see the pubs come up with immigration legislation which is the best way to stop the flood of immigrants coming over with amnesty claims. But most likely they won't do anything other than cry about "open borders".

Bottom line is the pubs do not have any solutions to more this country forward, I'm not going to get my hopes up.
It's not up to the "pubs" to come up with an immigration plan. We have immigration laws, which the Democrats and Biden are intentionally ignoring. So when Biden gets impeached, it will be well-deserved. Each and every Democrat who has enabled the open southern border should get thrown out of office, which is all of them.

Sadly, we had a secure border under Trump, at least in comparison to this utter moron Biden. The only way to get a secure border is to elect a President who follows the law. That excludes any Democrat.

Old 10-08-2022, 04:24 PM

831 posts, read 333,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

No, won't be any relief because the presidency was stolen so it won't matter the GOP controls the house and senate. At the very least we will be able to stop the insanity that the demoncrats have been pushing until the next presidential election.

Old 10-08-2022, 05:23 PM

9,100 posts, read 6,324,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedRedneck View Post
No, won't be any relief because the presidency was stolen so it won't matter the GOP controls the house and senate. At the very least we will be able to stop the insanity that the demoncrats have been pushing until the next presidential election.
We now see what happens when the Democrats control the House, the Senate and the Presidency. The Republicans taking over at least one of the three will be a much needed improvement.

Old 10-09-2022, 05:52 AM

2,715 posts, read 2,217,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post

Our country is completely split and I don't see this changing anytime soon. Hell, my family is split. I am a registered Republican but my brother and sister are deep blue Dem. Now, both my sister and sister-in-law enjoy virtue signaling and I can only imagine what our Thanksgiving zoom gathering (hour long) will be like if Reps have a big night this Nov. The key is not to take the bait.

I'll say something like, "The weather is great in AZ right now. Very mild"

And someone will likely come back with, "Yes, but AZ voted red and..."

To which I say, "You know it does get cold at night esp. during Dec and Jan. There's a problem with my AC unit and the heat didn't work properly last year. The unit is 14 years and I don't want to spend a lot on repairs. I'm thinking about replacing it now that I've got a reliable AC vendor."

My sister and sister in law just hate it when I refuse to be drawn into a political discussion.

My family and my wife's family are split also. My brother and my wife's brother are both full Dem and they both live in crime ravished big cities. We don't talk much to either especially around election time.

Old 10-09-2022, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post

Here are the proposed Republican solutions you say they do not have:

https://www.republicanleader.gov/commitment/

Do you disagree with any of it?

Where is th Democrat plan/proposals?

Old 10-09-2022, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Don't be so confident that the house will be Republican. All the election laws that were changed and made it so easy for Democrats to cheat are still in place.
Oddly enough, Delaware has some of the strictest voter ID laws, and methods, and they just got even stricter:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...constitutional

Maybe this goes to the Supremem court and the SCOTUS agrees with it forcing people to vote in person again....except when they are physically unable to get there, which is the vast minority of mail-ins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections