Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 09:28 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You can talk numbers all you want; it won't change the fact that Democrats believe minorities are "less than" white people. Democrats are the ones who believe that ...
You post buzzwords.

Conservatives are the one's who believe that 200 years of racial discrimination were wiped out, salved and made ineffective in 1964. Has the EEOC gone out of business due to lack of work?

Quote:
Go ahead and call out the Republicans for playing the race card. Just understand that unless you are also calling out the Democrats for their racism then you are being a partisan hypocrite.
This thread is on race-baiting in electoral campaigns. If you have anything on Democrats doing that then post it. All the rest of your blather is deflective trolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2022, 09:39 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
You post buzzwords.
No, I post the position of the Democrat party: minorities are incapable of obtaining and ID and/or being successful without government intervention. The following statement by you is comprised of buzzwords:

Quote:
Conservatives are the one's who believe that 200 years of racial discrimination were wiped out, salved and made ineffective in 1964. Has the EEOC gone out of business due to lack of work?
Not one conservative that I know claims that 200 years of racism was wiped out in 1964. That's a Democrat falsehood, used to make minorities think that they care.

Quote:
This thread is on race-baiting in electoral campaigns. If you have anything on Democrats doing that then post it. All the rest of your blather is deflective trolling.
I did point out race-baiting in Democrat campaigns. You tried to play it off as the ramblings of the demented old man in the White House.

Every time I've been accused of trolling, other than the rare times I was doing it on purpose to irritate a troll, it was because someone didn't like having holes poked in their argument. I'm not even arguing that Republicans don't use race-baiting. I'm sure some do. I'm simply pointing out that someone who supports the racist positions of the Democrats calling the Republicans out for race-baiting is a shining example of stupidity.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:39 AM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Post some paragraphs. The rules say not to just post links.
When starting a new thread, please do not post only a link or a video. Other members may not know what your intent was if that is all there is. Also, subsequent posts may be off topic if they have no idea what topic you wanted to set forth with your link/video. Add a line or two to let the readers know your thoughts.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Not one conservative that I know claims that 200 years of racism was wiped out in 1964. That's a Democrat falsehood, used to make minorities think that they care.
Examine the GOP position on affirmative action! Be more discerning.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Examine the GOP position on affirmative action! Be more discerning.
You mean the view that success should be based on merit and ability rather than on checkboxes? Yeah, I'm not in opposition to that view. Most people who aren't racist wouldn't be.

Old 10-31-2022, 10:27 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
You mean the view that success should be based on merit and ability rather than on checkboxes? Yeah, I'm not in opposition to that view. Most people who aren't racist wouldn't be.
Well, affirmative action in higher education appears to be on the chopping block. Today Supreme Court will hear oral arguments involving two cases and the question is: Can universities use race as a factor in admitting students? My guess is their answer will be no.

Chief Roberts has been itching to do away with AA for years. Now he has an opportunity.

The bigger question is will the USSC limit their ruling to higher education or include hiring practices in both the private and public sector.

Old 10-31-2022, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Well, affirmative action in higher education appears to be on the chopping block. Today Supreme Court will hear oral arguments involving two cases and the question is: Can universities use race as a factor in admitting students? My guess is their answer will be no.

Chief Roberts has been itching to do away with AA for years. Now he has an opportunity.

The bigger question is will the USSC limit their ruling to higher education or include hiring practices in both the private and public sector.
In my opinion, there shouldn't be a "race" box on any document.

Old 10-31-2022, 11:00 AM

25,964 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Nothing more than "reaching" by the desperate, and everyone knows which is the party of racism, and it isn't the Republicans. It looked like both sides were "shadowed". If one looks at racism in depth rather than parroting liberal media, it could be a real eye opener!

Old 10-31-2022, 11:54 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
I agree.

Old 10-31-2022, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Sure. I thought about this and realized that, for good or bad, we need to keep statistics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections