Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You should try this yourself.

I care. I do not want anyone as my state's governor who brags about being a Christian Nationalist and a misogynist, who has a history of making anti-Semitic statements, or who criticizes a (Jewish) opponent's commitment to his religion. Somehow I don't think Jesus would approve.
So I guess you have no problem with devout Christians who are against abortion and gay marriage, then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2022, 06:34 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,277 times
OP: Republicans are Playing the Race Card in the Elections

They came for Blacks asking for justice when killed by police, but I was not Black, so I did not speak out.
They came for women's reproductive rights, but I was not a woman, so I did not speak out.
They came and passed laws against gay and transgendered people, but I was not gay or transgendered, so I did not speak out.
They blatantly spread antisemitic lies, but I was not Jewish, so I did not speak out.
They came for me and there was no one left to speak out.

GOP race-baiting, aka the Southern Strategy, has paid off for the Republican Party, so expect the bigotry against fellow Americans to not only be condoned but to accelerate. Increased racism, misogyny & antisemitism signal democracy’s decline and authoritarianism’s ascent. That is where we are folks.

Our democratic institutions which are designed to protect individuals against the tyranny of autocrats, and the tyranny of the mobs such autocrats inflame, are under assault. Checks and balances that are in place to ensure that no individual is sovereign, that no person is above the law and that no minority group is to be scapegoated and deprived of basic rights are being trampled and trashed.

Here in 2022 MAGA-Republican office holders refuse to publicly acknowledge that a representative democracy cannot survive if its leaders do not subscribe to ideals that transcend self and party. Leading all of this hate & and bigotry is Trump, who threatens political violence and our very democracy with his extremism & radical rhetoric and by going to war with the rule of law. The principle of equal protection under the law applies to all citizens, whatever their race, religion, class or ethnicity.

MAGA-Republicanism led by Donald Trump the de facto head of the GOP threatens ALL Americans. All of us!

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-29-2022 at 06:47 AM..

Old 10-29-2022, 07:22 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Lol, the old...the other party does it and we don't ruse. Both sides have no morals when it comes to trying to win elections.

Maybe we can ask "Mayo" Pete about this? Yep, 2020 Democratic primary awash in allegations of each other being too white, mysoginistic etc.

Heck, Hillary and Bill Clinton were racists in 2008. (repeatedly)

The Pots vs. Kettles.

Surprised some of you even tried to claim the high ground with Jews given Ilhan Omar's comments and of course the Congressional Black Congress and Head of the DNC having long ties to the hate group Nation of Islam.

Old 10-29-2022, 07:22 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,707,417 times
It’s fun watching the racist Democrats complain about racism from the GOP. It’s like watching a documentary about cognitive dissonance when the people in the documentary don’t realize that they have cognitive dissonance.

Remember, the same people currently complaining about “racist” attack ads had zero issue with electing a man who stated the following:

Quote:
Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.
Quote:
unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.
They elected the man who said of Obama “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man.”

Three examples of Biden’s racism, just off the top of my head. There are many more, but those who pay attention already know about them while Democrats either refuse to admit he said those things or try to spin his statements in such a way that they aren’t seen as racist. Democrats have no problem electing an old white racist who called Robert Byrd his friend. They only have a problem with Republicans saying racist things.

This entire thread is a testament to Democrat projection, as they call out the GOP for behavior which the DNC engages in every day.

Old 10-29-2022, 08:50 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,182,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Remember, the same people currently complaining about “racist” attack ads had zero issue with electing a man who stated the following: "Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black."
For the last time, that was not a racist statement. Biden said Obama was clean cut -- so what?

Republicans think it is an "Aha!" moment when they try to equate quips and stumbling statements with their overt attempts to race-bait and stifle minority vote numbers. The two different areas just do not relate.

Quote:
Three examples of Biden’s racism, just off the top of my head. There are many more, but those who pay attention already know about them while Democrats either refuse to admit he said those things or try to spin his statements in such a way that they aren’t seen as racist.
Democrats are not trying to lower the number of minority votes, as Republicans surely are. Try to differentiate between quips and race-based campaign rhetoric.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
For the last time, that was not a racist statement. Biden said Obama was clean cut -- so what?

Republicans think it is an "Aha!" moment when they try to equate quips and stumbling statements with their overt attempts to race-bait and stifle minority vote numbers. The two different areas just do not relate.

Democrats are not trying to lower the number of minority votes, as Republicans surely are. Try to differentiate between quips and race-based campaign rhetoric.
You are honestly trying to claim that this statement isn’t racist?
Quote:
I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man.
Seriously, how can you possibly defend that sentence? Biden has a history of being racist, yet you have no problem with it.

As I said, cognitive dissonance from the Democrats. Racism from Republicans = bad. Racism from the Democrat holding the highest office in the land = that’s just Joe being Joe. There’s a reason that all the cries of racism are starting to be ignored. The Democrats have made it mainstream.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:04 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,182,253 times
Quote:
You are honestly trying to claim that this statement isn’t racist?
Yes, as a matter of fact. You sound unfamiliar with African-American rhetoric.

Quote:
As I said, cognitive dissonance from the Democrats. Racism from Republicans = bad. Racism from the Democrat holding the highest office in the land = that’s just Joe being Joe.
You keep equating quips with voter suppression. Which do you consider more treacherous?

The larger point is that this thread concerns Republican race-baiting. 'You do it too!' is a defense made by folks in junior high.

Old 10-29-2022, 12:21 PM

Quote:

You keep equating quips with voter suppression. Which do you consider more treacherous?

The larger point is that this thread concerns Republican race-baiting. 'You do it too!' is a defense made by folks in junior high.
Don't get mad at me for pointing out the hypocrisy of the Democrats. You're the one voting for them.

Old 10-29-2022, 12:36 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,577,728 times
lol @ the lame attempt about GOP "voter suppression"..

Here's a couple of data points for you.

Turnout statistics
Election Voting-age population (VAP) Turnout as % of VAP
2008 229,945,000 57.1%
2012 235,248,000 53.8%
2016 249,422,000 54.8%
2020 257,605,088 62.0%

Quip,indeed

Old 10-29-2022, 12:38 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:

As a matter of fact, African-American rhetoric has a British accent. You are unfamiliar with African-American rhetoric.

The larger point of this thread is you made something up and now you don't like it when the truth outs your juvenile post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections