Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2022, 02:20 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Anyone remember when they waved around the 'Willie' Horton ad? Well, the GOP certainly is at it again!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/25/u...=US%20Politics

In North Carolina now the GOP is waving around the fact that Cheri Beasley, as a black public defender, represented a black man who killed a state trooper more than 25 years ago. So what?

Republicans sure know how to get ugly. After being censured about the Horton ad (whose name was William but they called him Willie to sound more ethnic) the ad's designer did apologize when he had a terminal disease.
LoL at the 25 years ago. The left in the last decade or so are expecting people who died 200 years ago abiding today’s standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2022, 02:40 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,711,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I'll sure be glad when this election is over so all of these ignorant leftist pukes will go away, while we celebrate a victory for America.
^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Democrats are committed to ending discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or disability status. You know protecting Americans’ Civil Rights. If it makes you feel better to call those who support our Constitutional experiment of moving toward a more perfect union "ignorant leftist pukes", of course you have every right to do so.

Be it known, though, that your label says far more about you then it does about those to whom you falsely feel superior, dear.

Peace.
^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I know that you write some strange things on here, so who knows whether or not you're serious, but if you are....this one's a howler.
Why should it be a howler?

I can't speak for you, personally, Lou, because I am not interested enough in stalking/tracking which poster has written what, but MAGA Republicans have been vehemently critical and loudly vocal--- on this very forum and in their state legislatures and all over their preferred r-wing media--- howling about the "evil woke leftist Democratic Party" because of their activism and support of civil rights & basic human rights & promotion of equal protection under the law for all Americans.

Quite the magic trick you MAGA Republicans are now trying to pull off. You know, being red-faced mad, viciously critical and vehemently opposed, for numerous years, to the "radical" Democratic Party's platform & commitment to civil rights--- their advocacy for things like ending discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation and disability status---and now in an election year claim those bad libs are unwoke bigots.

Good luck with this gaslighting! MAGA Republicans aka the White Christian American Nationalism movement want to hide from what they promote and own. The Trump led GOP spends 6 years loudly rallying against and proudly maligning & characterizing the Democratic Party as leftist pukes because of their rejection of misogyny, xenophobia, antisemitism and racism and now in an election year want to claim the "damn libruls" are the intolerant. Jesus Mary and Joseph as my dearly departed mother would say.

You can't have it both ways, Lou. I rest my case.

Go in peace.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-30-2022 at 03:27 PM..

Old 10-30-2022, 02:47 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,601,582 times
^^^ To the MAGA crowd, "radical" means having any political position to the left of 1964 Barry Goldwater or the John Birch Society. Therefore I refuse to take MAGA seriously.

Old 10-30-2022, 03:05 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
^^^

^^^

Why should it be a howler?

I can't speak for you, personally, Lou, because I am not interested enough in stalking/tracking which poster has written what, but MAGA Republicans have been vehemently critical and loudly vocal--- on this very forum and in their state legislatures and all over their preferred r-wing media--- howling about the "evil woke leftist Democratic Party" because of their activism and support of civil rights & basic human rights & promotion of equal protection under the law for all Americans.

Quite the magic trick you MAGA Republicans are now trying to pull off. You know, being red-faced mad, viciously critical and vehemently opposed to the "radical" Democratic Party's platform & commitment to civil rights--- you know things like ending discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation and disability status---and now in an election year falsely claim the Trump GOP hates those libs because they are bigots and aren't woke after all.

Good luck with this gaslighting! MAGA Republicans aka the White Christian American Nationalism movement want to hide from what they promote and own. The Trump led GOP spends 6 years loudly rallying against and proudly maligning & characterizing the Democratic Party as leftist pukes because of their rejection of misogyny, xenophobia, antisemitism and racism and now in an election year want to claim the damn libruls are the intolerant. Jesus Mary and Joseph as my dearly departed mother would say.

You can't have it both ways, Lou. I rest my case.

Go in peace.
I have no idea what you're carrying on about, but I provided two examples of Democrats enacting policies that explicitly discriminate against people on the basis of race. One of which was struck down in court for that very reason. If you don't understand the stories in the links that I provided, you probably aren't capable of discussing politics. If you didn't bother to read them, well, same thing.

Last edited by fat lou; 10-30-2022 at 03:17 PM..

Old 10-30-2022, 03:14 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The overwhelming GOP % voting for it overcame the smaller % of Dems voting for it.
Percentages are misleading when you know how many southern Republican congressman there were. Maybe 1 huh? The southern states were the outliers.

Outside of the south, a higher percentage of Democrats than Republicans supported civil rights legislation. Reagan began in politics opposing open housing and went on to oppose the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

Old 10-30-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I have no idea what you're carrying on about, but I provided two examples of Democrats enacting policies that explicitly discriminate against people on the basis of race.
Maybe you ought to describe these examples instead of just posting links.

Old 10-30-2022, 03:23 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
Maybe you ought to describe these examples instead of just posting links.
I assumed that people on a politics forum were capable of reading news stories. Apparently I was mistaken. I can't say that I'm surprised, I think that a lot of people's idea of "news" is just reading other people's Twitter (or whatever) rants, and then regurgitating them themselves.

Old 10-30-2022, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I assumed that people on a politics forum were capable of reading news stories. Apparently I was mistaken. I can't say that I'm surprised, I think that a lot of people's idea of "news" is just reading other people's Twitter (or whatever) rants, and then regurgitating them themselves.
Post some paragraphs. The rules say not to just post links.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:13 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,601,582 times
Quote:
Percentages are misleading when you know how many southern Republican congressman there were. Maybe 1 huh? The southern states were the outliers.

Outside of the south, a higher percentage of Democrats than Republicans supported civil rights legislation. Reagan began in politics opposing open housing and went on to oppose the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.
Yep. Pre 1968, a lot of Southerners voted Democrat because the Republicans were the ones who defeated the South in the Civil War. Southern Democrats even formed a Dixiecrat faction in 1948 due to the National Democratic Party adopting a Civil Rights platform.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:19 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
Quote:

You can talk numbers all you want; it won't change the fact that Democrats believe minorities are "less than" white people. Democrats are the ones who believe that minorities are incapable of achieving success without government intervention. Democrats are the ones who believe that minorities are too incompetent to perform such a simple task as getting a government-issued ID. Democrats are the ones who use race-baiting as a campaign platform, with comments like "they'll put you back in chains." Democrats are the ones who will turn on any member of a minority class the instant that they step outside of the rails.

Go ahead and call out the Republicans for playing the race card. Just understand that unless you are also calling out the Democrats for their racism then you are being a partisan hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections