Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 04:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times

Advertisements

I wonder if Obama called them and told. Or perhaps he told them don't listen to what you hear in the media about my resigning, I'm still with you Bros.

The question is if he has TRULY thrown them under the bus and severed ties with them, how will they take that? Will they be likely to cause him more trouble now because he has forsaken his heart and soul, his mentors and spiritual advisors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 04:22 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,934,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Nothing Obama does will ever please you so it doesn't matter what you think of him.
Of course it does not matter, I would not vote for him. It does not matter what anyone thinks of a person they would not vote for. Duh!

What matters to me is at first I was hoping that he was different and maybe could bring change. Now we realize he is no better than the rest of the alleged public servants in Washington DC.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:26 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,018,166 times
Now, as I recall, there were many Obamaphiles here who consistently claimed that the church is a wonderful place, that Wright is right on the money, and, now, that the nutty Pfleger is a "great priest." So, shouldn't they be really upset that Obama has left the church? Or are they going to finally admit that those of us who found the church and its characters repulsive were right?!

As for "hate" and "haters," uh, hating takes way too much negative energy and Obama isn't deserving of that expense of energy.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:26 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,934,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I wonder if Obama called them and told. Or perhaps he told them don't listen to what you hear in the media about my resigning, I'm still with you Bros.

The question is if he has TRULY thrown them under the bus and severed ties with them, how will they take that? Will they be likely to cause him more trouble now because he has forsaken his heart and soul, his mentors and spiritual advisors?
You know he did not mean it. There is no doubt that he is doing this only for political gain. IMO that says so much about what kind of a man he is. I am sure everyone that he is distancing himself from are so proud to have called him their friend, wink wink. It really is pathetic and spineless.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:27 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,617,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Nothing Obama does will ever please you so it doesn't matter what you think of him.
Gosh, sounds like a plan. I cannot think of one good thing about him.

He put his foot in the fire, we didnt. Now he has to come up a new story to get out of this one.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:33 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,436,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Gosh, sounds like a plan. I cannot think of one good thing about him.

He put his foot in the fire, we didnt. Now he has to come up a new story to get out of this one.
Sounds like you're upset too. Don't deny it, it's obvious. Gee, resigning from the church is undoubtedly a good thing and is accomplishing just want Obama wants.....taking away the ammunition from the Obama haters.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:35 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,037,835 times
Well, I dislike Obama, but I respected the fact that he stood by his church and friends even during a time that it hurt his campaign. The fact that he has 'resigned' from it is just a political move anyway, I'm sure he isn't really going to cut ties with friends he's been with for 20+ years.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:36 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
Quite pathetic the spins that Obama haters put on his every move. Now I can see why George Bush managed to get 61 million votes in '04. Absolute lunacy.

This is Obama's year, folks! The General election will be an easy win for him.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:40 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,830,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I personally feel sorry for him that he felt being president was more important than being the man he claimed to be. I would never give up my beliefs, my lifelong friends, my true self. It speaks volumes about him IMO. It is too bad he could not have just stayed involved as a community activist and remained true to himself. Such a shame.
Beautiful summary. Selling his soul to pander for a job. Perhaps this is the real change we can believe in.

One has to wonder what the Obama followers fawn over; the man he was or the man he's trying to be.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:45 PM

939 posts, read 2,381,999 times
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections