Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 05:48 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,861,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Wait .. do you mean that Saint Barack Obama would do anything to get elected???

SAY NO MORE!!!

The Associated Press: Obama quits church after long controversy

I think he's quitting to difuse the Michelle hating whitey video that may still come out.
Oh, you are worse than me at spreading that whitey video rumour! My friends are in a betting pool as to when it will slither onto the internet. I'm thinking a day or two before the convention...Then the super delegates will cave and vote for Hillary, there will be idiots rioting in the streets and all will be well with the world. Most of my friends think "they" are holding it for October Surprise. Either way....it's going to be fun, fun, fun!

Last edited by Elmonellie; 05-31-2008 at 06:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige65 View Post
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Hey, I finally agree with the dems! He was screwed with this situation no matter what he did.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:51 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,934,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
He didn't cave under pressure. He would have resigned at the first hint of controversy months ago if he had caved. He wanted to give the new minister of the church a chance.
I guess the new pastor was as bad as the last? He failed the smell test also? Spin it any way you want he threw them all under the bus.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:51 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,082,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Oh, you are worse than me at spreading that whitey video rumour! My friends are in a betting pool as to when it will slither onto the internet. I'm thinking a day or two before the convention...Then the super delegates will cave and vote for Hillery, their will be idiots rioting in the streets and all will be well with the world. Most of my friends think "they" are holding it for October Surprise. Either way....it's going to be fun, fun, fun!

Does anyone ever consider that if this supposed video existed, and it would be most harmful later, that the Obama folks themselves would not already have it out and aired so it cannot hurt them. This is not a schoolyard game, this is the future of the country. Time to face reality.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:53 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,082,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Now, as I recall, there were many Obamaphiles here who consistently claimed that the church is a wonderful place, that Wright is right on the money, and, now, that the nutty Pfleger is a "great priest." So, shouldn't they be really upset that Obama has left the church? Or are they going to finally admit that those of us who found the church and its characters repulsive were right?!

As for "hate" and "haters," uh, hating takes way too much negative energy and Obama isn't deserving of that expense of energy.
If the Church is going to continue to distract voters like you from the real issues of the campaign, I think he did the right thing to continue his candidacy and give you comfort.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:58 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,779,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I guess the new pastor was as bad as the last? He failed the smell test also? Spin it any way you want he threw them all under the bus.
I think it was more like that the church, knowing it is being watched night and day by GOP operatives, knowing that GOP spies are in every service and they probably have the phones and the rectory bugged, made a choice to have another controversial sermon when it was probably a good idea to keep a low profile for the next 6 months.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
They are irrelevant. They would support him if he came out and admitted he was an axe murderer. Nothing will sway them, and they won't tip the balance in Nov. It is the indies/mod dem/left-leaning republicans who will decide the election. And according to the polls, he is losing ground with key segments of the electorate, such as whitey women.

Ooops. You said the W word. Only MEEEEEchelle Obama gets to say that.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Didn't wanna tick off the Missus?
I think we have a winner!

Old 05-31-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Do you think when the "Whitey" tape comes out, he will throw Michelle under the bus? Divorce her? Lock her in the closet with duck tape on her mouth?
Funny you ask. I was actually thinking that he will ditch Meeeeechelle as soon as this president thing goes away. He must have been exposed to some really brilliant leftist actresses at some of his West Coast Snobomafests/fundraisers/wine tastings. And if he is gay, which is an ugly rumour to be sure, and you sure didn't hear it from me, he might instead run off with Sean Penn or Ben Afleck.

I'm thinking Scarlett Johanson because she was positively INSPIRING in the Obama vid where all the brain dead celebs sang backup.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:13 PM

289 posts, read 362,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I just love the hypocrites in the Obama camp. I guess being nominated requires you to be less than honest, hypocritical, throw everyone/everything that had value in your life under the bus and say whatever it takes to get elected. Yeah that is indeed the president I would want running the country. I guess this is what he meant by change?
Give me a break. First you fault him because he wouldn't leave the church now you fault him because he has. You people are running out of excuses here. And after today it looks like he will be the nominee so heaven help the Republican and John McSame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections