Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 10:45 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,750,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJickler View Post
Exactly. They ALL do this - change stories, backpedal, lie, cut ties, etc. It's all politics. I'm noticing a lot of hate and condescension being thrown around on this forum in all directions, and I wonder if it's always been this bad or if it's just getting more noticeable.
But isn't saint obama supposed to be above all that politics as usual crap? Watch, tomorrow, Oprah will be back on board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 11:10 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,293,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Waiting for link;

He's thrown them under the bus. The people that have helped him get where he is today. That have nurtured and assisted him in his political aspirations. That church that was so VERY, VERY important to him socially, economically, culturally and politically.

Will they exact revenge?
He stays with the church, you bash him. He leaves the church, you bash him. Castro denounces him, you bash him. If Castro embraced him, you'd bash him.

Blah, blah, blah, blah.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:55 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,651,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
But isn't saint obama supposed to be above all that politics as usual crap? Watch, tomorrow, Oprah will be back on board.
Yes, he does say that. I think a lot of politicians do just that. I just don't find this church thing to be such a big deal.

Why is he called "Saint Obama" or the "Messiah"? So people like him - is that such a bad thing?

Old 06-01-2008, 12:58 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
Itis the fact that he was ever a part of that for twenty years. Is that what he is or is what he says now ;what he is. I am sure we will see more of his histrory in the general elction. Remeber when being a national guardmen during Viretnam or having a DUI when you were younger was a issues.Hillary thread lightly in this primary season really. Remember Kerry flew to the nomination with little controversy until the general election. So who do you believe Obama is trying to conevncve with quitting now;not his supporters.There are no breaks in a election and it only gets harder in a general election.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:07 PM

If he wasn't running for the big house, he and Michelle would still be attending and whooping it up ...

Did he say HE was quitting, or the entire family is quitting???

Old 06-01-2008, 07:41 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,617,039 times
The facts are he quit the church ( well we at least think he did ) but the real issues his his belief in what the churches message is, was and has been.

He has racial hate in his heart and believed in what Wright and the new one teaches or he wouldnt have stayed this long.

I dont give him credit for quiting this church because it doesnt fix the REAL problem which is his intend was not for the good of him or his family, it was for the good of him getting votes.

He still has the same thoughts as the church if he leaves or stays, something you cannot fix overnight after doing this for 20 years.

I want to know if he believes in what the church still teaches or not, not whether he quit or stayed.

I believe he still believes in what Wright and Moss teach which is racist bigotry and hate.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:18 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,383,835 times
People and places he said he wouldn't disassociate himself with weeks ago he is now doing. Who's next on the chopping block, Mrs. Obama?

Old 06-02-2008, 01:26 AM

524 posts, read 839,728 times
Yeah I agree. Too little and waaaaay too late. Like, 20 years too late, dude.

It does have a certain Rip Van Winkle quality to it though, eh?
"Sorry, I fell asleep for like 20 years. Why am I in a church? What's going on? The preacher is racist? Well, nobody told me! He's also my spiritual advisor?! I'm outta here!!"

What a doofus.

Interesting question about his wife quitting. Anyone have an answer?

Old 06-02-2008, 05:38 AM

Just read that the letter came from both of them.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:32 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,781,932 times
Oh please; Sen. Obama revoking his membership from the Trinity church has little to do with him; it has more to do with other people and forces. Namely the media and the general public. If the media/general public wasn't so interested in all the church stands for....waiting for something to be said that will make people a bit uncomfortable...here comes everyone.

If I were a member of the church, I would not be pleased. To have sound bites and snippets put out there that totally misrepresent the place. It is distracting and not fair. If I were a member of the church I would support Sen. Obama removing his membership; as a non-member I support it.

The bottom line is that no one can control other people. Sen. Obama cannot control the media or members of his former church. Looking at the ridiculous back-and-forth between the two parties, he just figured to pull himself out of the equation and that's that. He actually dealt with the problem; instead of ignoring it and just wishing it away. Personally I feel that it is a testament that he acknowledges what is going on with the American public at responds accordingly. G-d speed to you Sen. Obama in the general election in November!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections