Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 12:47 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,045,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I see what you are saying. It's like you call a black person who robs you a N and the black community would share your sentiments.
The black community DOES use the N-word against each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 12:50 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,143,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Yes, the entire black community habitually uses the n-word against each other, its so true. I've even heard that the entire black community eats fried chicken and water mellon, so it must be true.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:51 PM

743 posts, read 2,073,471 times
About the "Whitey" tape, the Houston Chronicles has a perspective on it. Or should it be called "Why'd he". Since the tape hasn't been released for public consumption, we can only take the word of those few who have allegedly seen it, but for reasons known only to them refused to release it.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:52 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,424,681 times
Quote:
You're right. They use that word; affectionately sometimes or derogatorily sometimes.

But if someone who's not black says it, it's a racial slur.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:54 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,424,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
About the "Whitey" tape, the Houston Chronicles has a perspective on it. Or should it be called "Why'd he". Since the tape hasn't been released for public consumption, we can only take the word of those few who have allegedly seen it, but for reasons known only to them refused to release it.
I heard that too. An interesting choice of words--unfortunately when just hearing it, is construed completely differently than they were intended.

I don't think the Obamas are geniuses.

But I really doubt they'd go around saying "Whitey failed the people of New Orleans" (or whatever all it said) lol.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:59 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,555,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
So why is Obama the one that's called racist all the time?
Interesting.

When Senator McCain, referring to sadistic Vietnamese prison guards, said "I hated the gooks. And I will hate them for as long as I live" one would think that he said this shortly after being held prisoner during the Vietnam conflict.

But he said this during his presidential run in 2000!!

That's no different than a white ex-prison guard saying "I hated the ni@@ers. And I will hate them for as long as I live". There really isn't a whole lot of wiggle room, here.

I understand that his torturers were of a certain ethnicity, and that he developed a disdain for those sadistic torturers. But it's not appropriate for a presidential candidate to have a disdain for an ethnicity.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
We do??? Quick, tell me: when's the last time I called my son, daughter or father the N-word?

Old 06-05-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Nobody cares. Asians don't matter in this election.
Actually, you're on to something.

Notice how you can type the word gooks and the auto-filter doesn't catch it? But if you type the N-word, it does. The words are equally offensive to the recipient, but one seems to be more acceptable than the other.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:08 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,194,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Actually, you're on to something.

Notice how you can type the word gooks and the auto-filter doesn't catch it? But if you type the N-word, it does. The words are equally offensive to the recipient, but one seems to be more acceptable than the other.
I know, it's *****.

Q u e e r is filtered too.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:07 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,413,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Yes, the entire black community habitually uses the n-word against each other, its so true. I've even heard that the entire black community eats fried chicken and water mellon, so it must be true.
Don't forget the cornbread and red Kool-aid! Can't eat fried chicken without the red kool-aid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections