Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 09:50 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,615,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I am so tired of the poll coverage. Pollster released new numbers today, and they are totally skewed in the Democrats favor. Its sickening for anyone to take them seriously.

I mean, they say McCain is loosing Pennsylvania by 17% and some of the most conservative states are on the verge of going Democrat. Based on the bogus numbers they show, McCain will loose by over 120 delegates, which is just really stupid to think.

I think these polls are really lame. There is such a liberal bias that it is sickening. What do you think?
Yeah Mr/Ms Orange county, what I think is that you & your party are in deep deep doo doo. This election will become more depressing as we near November. If you are starting to get discouraged now [btw I can tell by your comments that you are a bit stressed - maybe another Xanax will help].

With only 16% of Americans who think the nation is just fine under President Bush it will not be happy voters going to the polls this year. The economy is the issue # 1 & it is getting worse by the day for Americans.

The polls will only get worse but the real pain for Republicans is what the world will look like after the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 10:03 PM

571 posts, read 853,465 times
Quote:
I am so tired of the poll coverage. Pollster released new numbers today, and they are totally skewed in the Democrats favor. Its sickening for anyone to take them seriously.

I mean, they say McCain is loosing Pennsylvania by 17% and some of the most conservative states are on the verge of going Democrat. Based on the bogus numbers they show, McCain will loose by over 120 delegates, which is just really stupid to think.

I think these polls are really lame. There is such a liberal bias that it is sickening. What do you think?
These polls are saying if all the states that are achieve able for Obama to win were to be on Obama side he would win by that much. I doubt he will win many of them though. He will probley concentrate on a critical few.

You need to look at fox news if don't believe these polls they show the same thing

Old 06-19-2008, 11:41 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,585,313 times
Quote:

57.4% of statistics are made up on the spot.

CNN's Electoral Map: Who's ahead - CNN.com

CNN shows 211-194 with 133 tossups. I feel it's fairly accurate without VPs decided at this point. Some of the polls are certainly contentious as they are preliminary polling only and should get more accurate near election month. State by state should be pretty close to 2000.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:46 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,420,379 times
After numerous statistic classes, I do not really have much faith in polls.

There are a few from very reliabel sources, but other than that, every other poll in my opinion is biased in some way.

many Polls now days are used as a tool not to measure but to influence.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
After numerous statistic classes, I do not really have much faith in polls.

There are a few from very reliabel sources, but other than that, every other poll in my opinion is biased in some way.

many Polls now days are used as a tool not to measure but to influence.
yes to a certain degree thats why i ussaly look at Fox AND CNN so i get the a good understanding

Old 06-19-2008, 11:53 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,585,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .....think View Post
yes to a certain degree thats why i ussaly look at Fox AND CNN so i get the a good understanding
I do the same, I actually like both FOX and CNN, they make their biases evident.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
I do the same, I actually like both FOX and CNN, they make their biases evident.
CNN certainly less than fox but yet they both are bias and so i like to listen to both of the one sided arguments.

Then i listen to Chris Matthews (he isn't bias)

Old 06-20-2008, 02:23 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,704,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Yeah Mr/Ms Orange county, what I think is that you & your party are in deep deep doo doo. This election will become more depressing as we near November. If you are starting to get discouraged now [btw I can tell by your comments that you are a bit stressed - maybe another Xanax will help].

With only 16% of Americans who think the nation is just fine under President Bush it will not be happy voters going to the polls this year. The economy is the issue # 1 & it is getting worse by the day for Americans.

The polls will only get worse but the real pain for Republicans is what the world will look like after the election.
Republicans, according to "reputable polls" would have lost every single elction since 1970 based on what they have predicted over time. We have won more than the Democrats have in that time.

I expect to hear many more of Obamas skeletons to come out of his closet if he were elected. I expect a lot of racism from him. I expect a lot of hate from him.

His "misstatements" really reveal a lot about him.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:28 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,704,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .....think View Post
These polls are saying if all the states that are achieve able for Obama to win were to be on Obama side he would win by that much. I doubt he will win many of them though. He will probley concentrate on a critical few.

You need to look at fox news if don't believe these polls they show the same thing
Im just saying the polls are notorious for only interviewing people who live in Big cities. Democrats concentrate in big cities.

Its not a poll representing how Georgia will vote, its a poll of how Atlanta will vote

Its not a poll representing how Ohio will vote, its a poll of how Cincinatti, Columbus, and Cleveland will vote

Its not a poll representing how Colorado will vote, its representing how Denver will vote.

Again, Republicans would have lost EVERY SINGLE ELECTION SINCE 1970 had the polls been right. We have won more than Democrats.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Republicans, according to "reputable polls" would have lost every single elction since 1970 based on what they have predicted over time. We have won more than the Democrats have in that time.

I expect to hear many more of Obamas skeletons to come out of his closet if he were elected. I expect a lot of racism from him. I expect a lot of hate from him.

His "misstatements" really reveal a lot about him.
Black candidate and what do you know he is being accused of being racist against whites.

2nd People that accuse people of being racist and that have no backing, is ussaly very angry themselves.

3rd McCain is the one with a temper problem. Members of his on campaign said he has a small one them selves. The Arizona Republic (its a newspaper) said that if he is going to be president they want people to know the real him.

Obama is a good guy, people that are racist ussaly are very angry and dont hide it well. Obama all the speaches i have listen to have not been racist.

McCain is not racist either he is a good man, old but good. If either one of these people were real racist *******s you'll find out before november. The way the media is all the little secrets will get out. Even McCain wife finances who refuses to release them.

What polls told you that republicans lost all elections since 1970 only a idiot would make that remark
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections