Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 02:48 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,704,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .....think View Post
Black candidate and what do you know he is being accused of being racist against whites.

2nd People that accuse people of being racist and that have no backing, is ussaly very angry themselves.

3rd McCain is the one with a temper problem. Members of his on campaign said he has a small one them selves. The Arizona Republic (its a newspaper) said that if he is going to be president they want people to know the real him.

Obama is a good guy, people that are racist ussaly are very angry and dont hide it well. Obama all the speaches i have listen to have not been racist.

McCain is not racist either he is a good man, old but good. If either one of these people were real racist *******s you'll find out before november. The way the media is all the little secrets will get out. Even McCain wife finances who refuses to release them.

What polls told you that republicans lost all elections since 1970 only a idiot would make that remark
I am accusing him of being racist because the statements he has said and the people around him are racist.

I know they haven't lost every election. You obviously cant read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 06:45 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,672,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Because the polls here arent official in any way. Nobody takes a poll here seriously.

It would not surprise me if pollers went up to people and asked

"Do you want to vote for that old fart, pro war McCain or inspiring and fresh Obama?"

They all say there is a bias in the way they ask their questions.

Besides, its ridiculous to think that they are interviewing the same number of rural voters as they are city voters. Are they driving to EVERY small town everyday to interview a few select people? No, there isnt time. Whats more likely is that they are going to big cities and just polling people walking down the streets. It has been shown time and time again that city dwellers are more Democratic.

People, wake up and think about it.
If you actually did your research on the polls, there is always a link you can click that shows the exact questions asked, as well as the % polled that were democrat/republican, etc.

They don't do polling on the street, they mainly do it via telephone.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
If you actually did your research on the polls, there is always a link you can click that shows the exact questions asked, as well as the % polled that were democrat/republican, etc.

They don't do polling on the street, they mainly do it via telephone.
I can say I do it via telephone too. Its shown that Republicans are more likely to remove their name from a telephone book, so there is a flopper right there.

You people are so naive to think what they post is honest.

I will open a polling company and make up numbers too.

BTW. They interview (supposedly) 8,000 people daily for their various polls (on average). If there are 15 polling companies, and they do this daily for 200 consecutive days during the campaign, 2.4 Million people should have been interviewed by now. I do not know ONE person who has ever been interviewed, even when the likelihood is so probable (remember, only 125,000,000 people are registered voters).

My family comes from Wyoming, where, according to their numbers, everyone should be polled twice during the course of an election. None of them have ever been polled.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I can say I do it via telephone too. Its shown that Republicans are more likely to remove their name from a telephone book, so there is a flopper right there.

You people are so naive to think what they post is honest.

I will open a polling company and make up numbers too.

BTW. They interview (supposedly) 8,000 people daily for their various polls (on average). If there are 15 polling companies, and they do this daily for 200 consecutive days during the campaign, 2.4 Million people should have been interviewed by now. I do not know ONE person who has ever been interviewed, even when the likelihood is so probable (remember, only 125,000,000 people are registered voters).

My family comes from Wyoming, where, according to their numbers, everyone should be polled twice during the course of an election. None of them have ever been polled.
I don't believe that you have actually read the polling details. They release a detailed methodology stating how many people they called, their ages, their sex, their political party, and then you can look at that and draw conclusions yourself on whether or not you think the poll is skewed one way or another.

Who are "they"? Do you honestly think Reuters, CNN, AP, etc are just making up numbers and lying to us?

Republicans are more likely to remove their name from the phonebook??? Where do you come up with this stuff?

Old 06-20-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
I don't believe that you have actually read the polling details.

Who are "they"? Do you honestly think Reuters, CNN, AP, etc are just making up numbers and lying to us?

Republicans are more likely to remove their name from the phonebook??? Where do you come up with this stuff?
I have always been suspicious of polling. And yes, I have read into it.

I do think they make this stuff up, because they are pretty much always wrong.

Do you know anyone who has ever been polled? If you have been a registered voter since 2000, 9% of Americans should have been polled by one of the 15 main polling companies once, and that likelihood should be higher in rural states. How many of you have been polled?

Im still waiting......

Old 06-20-2008, 07:33 AM

I've been telephone polled twice. Not during this election, but during previous elections.

I mean honestly... do you REALLY think they are making these numbers up out of thin air?

Old 06-20-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
I've been telephone polled twice. Not during this election, but during previous elections.

I mean honestly... do you REALLY think they are making these numbers up out of thin air?
I think they are being twisted. And I think you are lying about being polled just to look like I was proven wrong. It just doesn't happen. I am part of the Greater LA Assn of Republicans, and there are over 1,000 members. While I dont know all of them, we have talked about polling, and guess what, not one hand went up when we asked about polling.

Its just so suspicious that nobody is ever polled when the likelihood should be so high according to these websites.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:52 AM

Why would I lie? You get a prerecorded message - that asks you to stay on the line if you wish to take part. I'm sure there are others on this messageboard that received those calls as well.

So, to confirm, you honestly do believe that the numbers from all the various reputable polling sources are incorrect, and they are not actually calling anyone?

Old 06-20-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Why would I lie? You get a prerecorded message - that asks you to stay on the line if you wish to take part. I'm sure there are others on this messageboard that received those calls as well.

So, to confirm, you honestly do believe that the numbers from all the various reputable polling sources are incorrect, and they are not actually calling anyone?
I dont think it represents the true poll of the voters, however they do it. They are wrong all the time.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:03 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,798,243 times
Polling follows scientific methodologies which have a standard range of error published.

1000 people may seem like a lot, but when you consider there are close to 4 million people living in LA I would say it is safe to assume there is not a Wild Conspiracy at play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections