Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2008, 08:38 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,858,030 times

Advertisements

an example of an insult please. I believe it's obvious who is frustrated. first you said I was angry, and that was debunked. now you say I am insulting, so I now await an example. oh, and by the way, when you start making the and faces, it really shows the frustration on your part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Not at all. Those who insult me are insulting. Your frustration is showing.

You're partially right...

It makes no sense whatsoever to "debate" you.

I grant you the last word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 08:40 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
I apologize.. that wasn't my intent, and I believe I fixed it through an edit before you posted this, but not before my original post. I meant that it was as ignorant as what people you were referring to was. No offense.. just didn't edit what I wrote the first time. Should have been fixed before your reply.

Hey, no apology necessary. I try to be nonconfrontational, especially when I start a thread, which I don't do very often. But I sure caught a lot of flack in this one, even though I made an reffort not to step on anyone's toes. I'm just trying to understand the anger directed at Obama by the "echo chamber" on this forum who start numerous daily threads bashing the man over points that have repeatedly been shown to be bogus.

BTW, I certainly don't consider you to be part of that chorus.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:50 AM

wow, the "echo chamber." again, who is the angry one? the thread points only to you my friend. the person who can't defend obama's positions on issues.

Quote:
Hey, no apology necessary. I try to be nonconfrontational, especially when I start a thread, which I don't do very often. But I sure caught a lot of flack in this one, even though I made an reffort not to step on anyone's toes. I'm just trying to understand the anger directed at Obama by the "echo chamber" on this forum who start numerous daily threads bashing the man over points that have repeatedly been shown to be bogus.

BTW, I certainly don't consider you to be part of that chorus.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:06 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
why do you bother posting? no one takes you seriously. I crushed your venom in several threads and when you can't defend your position, you ignore people. grow up.
You "crushed" my "venom" in several threads? Do you really think I take you seriously? My God, get serious. You have long been dismissed.

Barack Obama. He's our next President.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
From the tone of your post you qualify as a BIGGER hater than any Bush loving Republican. Your venom is just as bad as theirs except they have guns and bibles that they can cling to. I don't want to know what you cling to. You make me ashamed to be a Democrat.
From the "tone" of my post? My "venom"? I make you "ashamed to be a Democrat"??? Who cares?

Old 07-15-2008, 03:22 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,406,419 times
Quote:
Why all the obvious anger?

Here's a guy who has achieved his position through hard work and high ability. He isn't the presumptive nominee because he was born with all the advantages of wealth and powerful political connections. He's where he is because he's done it the American way; he's worked his way up.

Here's a guy who doesn't seem to be motivated by personal gain. After graduating at the top of his class from Harvard Law School, he was offered very lucrative positions with Wall Street law firms. He instead returned to Chicago as a community organizer among the working poor.

Here's a guy who has a vision of repairing the obvious rift in America between left and right. Who does that threaten?
lol,if you wanted real change and to repair the rift you would vote "other" like for Ron Paul.HeObama will be a Democrat who pushes the other liberal Democrat agendas.....thats all he is.

The only change he would bring would be a symbolic first black president.But after that he will be just another Democrat.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:56 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,185,349 times
Quote:
Why all the obvious anger?

Here's a guy who has achieved his position through hard work and high ability. He isn't the presumptive nominee because he was born with all the advantages of wealth and powerful political connections. He's where he is because he's done it the American way; he's worked his way up.

Here's a guy who doesn't seem to be motivated by personal gain. After graduating at the top of his class from Harvard Law School, he was offered very lucrative positions with Wall Street law firms. He instead returned to Chicago as a community organizer among the working poor.

Here's a guy who has a vision of repairing the obvious rift in America between left and right. Who does that threaten?
None of those things are relevant.

What's relevant is that he is a junior senator that hasn't even completed his first time. He has introduced no major legislation and neither said nor done anything to indicate that he has an understanding of US geo-strategy or the US economy.

The last time the US had an inexperienced senator as president, the US murdered South Vietnamese President Ngo Diem, mishandled the US State Department protégé running Cuba, screwed up the invasion plans for Cuba, screwed up Berlin, and caused the Cuban Missile Crisis, then needlessly led the world to the brink of WW III even though he knew the Soviets weren't ready to go to war and had absolutely no intention of going to war over Cuba in order to cover up the fact that he cause the missile crisis.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:06 PM

I guess that's why your hate threads get deleted and closed. nice try, and thanks for coming out. in order to be taken seriously, you must first be unbiased. you have failed in your weak attempt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
You "crushed" my "venom" in several threads? Do you really think I take you seriously? My God, get serious. You have long been dismissed.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I guess that's why your hate threads get deleted and closed. nice try, and thanks for coming out. in order to be taken seriously, you must first be unbiased. you have failed in your weak attempt.
Just because I (along with the other Obama supporters) hold the superior position here doesn't make my message "hate." I wouldn't call outrage over the pathetic nature of the policies of the last 7 years, hate. Universally recognized as the worst president in history, condemning Bush is not hate. Recognizing that mcCain sat idly by while these pathetic policies were promoted is not hate. Being aghast over the unncessary killing of over 4100 soldiers and a million Iraqis is not hate. Recogizing that the affairs of this country, the domestic agenda, is in shambles because of trillions squandered is not hate.

Sorry, but I don't support McCain or the Republicans, recipients of overwhelming support from bigots. Be of value here. Why should I support McCain after 7 years of republican nonsense?

I have an open mind. Give me a reason to take you, McCain, and the republicans seriously.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
I have an open mind.
You jest, surely?

How surprised I am to find you are a male. I thought for sure a female with all your emotion-laden, illogical posts. Usually, hysteria is a female trait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections