Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 03:57 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,120,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Excellent post, but save your breath. 61 million Neanderthals voted for Bush in the last election and nothing substantive can be expected from these people. They shouldn't be taken seriously. Their judgment is severely flawed. Their rants here serve no purpose but to show people who read this forum that these haters lack self-worth, common sense, and are frustrated. They are always on the wrong side of every political argument. Their party has done a horrific job the past 7 years. Their leader Dubya is the worst president in history. Dubya's lapdog McCain is the best they can do in this election and it is simply pathetic. McCain is a pathetic man. Republicans stink. Red states were wrong. Neocons were wrong. Bush lied. Cheney lied. Republicans are the biggest WMD and hated the world over.

Republicans and Obama haters are a mess.
From the tone of your post you qualify as a BIGGER hater than any Bush loving Republican. Your venom is just as bad as theirs except they have guns and bibles that they can cling to. I don't want to know what you cling to. You make me ashamed to be a Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 04:01 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnari View Post
Could you please tell me some of his accomplishment as a community organizer?
I'm not from the Chicago area, so I can't list any off the top of my head. But Google is readily available if you're sincerely interested in finding out.

Quote:
What makes him qualified to be the commander in chief?
Ability, hard work, exceptional intellect, good judgement, and an apparent love of America and its people. All the things that have been utterly absent from the Oval Office for a number of years now.

Quote:
Can you name just one thing he has done in his ENTIRE life that has prepared him to be the commander in chief?
I could name a lot more than one, but since that's all you've asked for...

His in-depth study and grasp of the Constitution and reputation as a Constitutional scholar.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:01 PM

454 posts, read 748,892 times
Quote:
Excellent post, but save your breath. 61 million Neanderthals voted for Bush in the last election and nothing substantive can be expected from these people. They shouldn't be taken seriously. Their judgment is severely flawed. Their rants here serve no purpose but to show people who read this forum that these haters lack self-worth, common sense, and are frustrated. They are always on the wrong side of every political argument. Their party has done a horrific job the past 7 years. Their leader Dubya is the worst president in history. Dubya's lapdog McCain is the best they can do in this election and it is simply pathetic. McCain is a pathetic man. Republicans stink. Red states were wrong. Neocons were wrong. Bush lied. Cheney lied. Republicans are the biggest WMD and hated the world over.

The "ENLIGHTENED" one painting everyone with a big brush. I don't understand these left-wingers at times, they are just as bad as the right-wingers.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnari View Post
The "ENLIGHTENED" one painting everyone with a big brush. I don't understand these left-wingers at times, they are just as bad as the right-wingers.

Extremists at both ends of the spectrum tend to be irrational.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:08 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
why do you bother posting? no one takes you seriously. I crushed your venom in several threads and when you can't defend your position, you ignore people. grow up.

Quote:

Old 07-14-2008, 04:10 PM

I don't know what part of my post was angry. I honestly think both candidates are idiots, but I am not angry at either of them. I am unsure of what you need me to explain. everything I posted is pretty much common knowledge. if you don't know that he was handed his "elected" position, then do some research on the actual election. if it wasn't for people dropping out of the race, he wouldn't have been elected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Your post is a good example of the irrational anger I was referring to in starting this thread.

Can you explain where you came up with your justifications?

Thanks for sharing!

Old 07-14-2008, 04:11 PM

454 posts, read 748,892 times
Quote:
I'm not from the Chicago area, so I can't list any off the top of my head. But Google is readily available if you're sincerely interested in finding out.

I could name a lot more than one, but since that's all you've asked for...
I have read everything about his community organizer days, and this is the best:

Obama forged path as Chicago community organizer - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/ny-usobam025598601mar02,1,6933215,full.story - broken link)

Nothing in these list what he was able to accomplish as a community organizer

Quote:
Ability, hard work, exceptional intellect, good judgement, and an apparent love of America and its people. All the things that have been utterly absent from the Oval Office for a number of years now.
What shows that he can provide these things? Has he done anything in his ENTIRE life to indicate that he can provide these things?

Quote:
His in-depth study and grasp of the Constitution and reputation as a Constitutional scholar.
He voted for FISA that will shred the 4th amendment, I am not sure that he gives a crap about the constitution, if he did he would have voted against that Bill that allowed the president to basically spy on Americans without a warrant.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:12 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,954,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
From the tone of your post you qualify as a BIGGER hater than any Bush loving Republican. Your venom is just as bad as theirs except they have guns and bibles that they can cling to. I don't want to know what you cling to. You make me ashamed to be a Democrat.
Democrat?

Sure you are.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I don't know what part of my post was angry.
This part:

Quote:
he basically ran unopposed. he became a community organizer because he didn't want a real job. in fact, I don't know of any real job he has had in his entire life. john wayne gacy was also a community organizer for the democrat party in chicago. is he trying to repair the rift between the left and the right by having the most liberal voting record in congress?
Quote:
I honestly think both candidates are idiots, but I am not angry at either of them. I am unsure of what you need me to explain. everything I posted is pretty much common knowledge.
Explain how all of what you claim is "common knowledge."

Quote:
if you don't know that he was handed his "elected" position, then do some research on the actual election. if it wasn't for people dropping out of the race, he wouldn't have been elected.
You'll need to support your assertion with more than your words. You're making a claim. Now, back it up.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:23 PM

I think you need to look up the definition of "anger." here is a link to the 2004 senate race. here is a summary. obama was losing in democrat primaries until a domestic abuse scandal hurt the man who he was running against. in the general election, the republican he was running against dropped out. 3 months before the election, the republicans put alan keys out there. keys is from maryland and didn't stand a chance.

United States Senate election in Illinois, 2004 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
This part:

Explain how all of what you claim is "common knowledge."

You'll need to support your assertion with more than your words. You're making a claim. Now, back it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections