Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 11:29 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,298,507 times

Advertisements

So why is Obama the one that's called racist all the time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 11:30 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,177,735 times
Nobody cares. Asians don't matter in this election.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:35 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,365,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Nobody cares. Asians don't matter in this election.
But you should care. It means that he is a RACIST. I read the same thing about his calling them that. I think it is horrible. I don't care what he went through in Vietnam, at least he doesn't have to act like that. I know a lot of Vietamese people that are really kind and gentle, and that is an insult to them. No telling what he thinks about blacks, mexicans, etc?

Old 06-05-2008, 11:37 AM

250 posts, read 336,563 times
Enjoy the kool-aid.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:39 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,177,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
But you should care. It means that he is a RACIST. I read the same thing about his calling them that. I think it is horrible. I don't care what he went through in Vietnam, at least he doesn't have to act like that. I know a lot of Vietamese people that are really kind and gentle, and that is an insult to them. No telling what he thinks about blacks, mexicans, etc?
The American public on the whole does not care except when the racism is directed at blacks. Other ethnicities don't matter. I don't make the rules.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:43 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,417,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Well if I recall correctly he was quite involved in a war where that word was used every moment of the day.

I haven't seen the video you're referring to; if he did indeed use the word, I'd think it was a slip and he didn't mean to.

And, he love Mexicans; haven't you heard about his position on amnesty for illegals?

Old 06-05-2008, 11:47 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,682,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
I haven't seen the video you're referring to; if he did indeed use the word, I'd think it was a slip and he didn't mean to.
Actually he said it, and said "you can quote me on that", then said it again a few minutes later. He said it applied to the people who captured him. He then, a few weeks later, said he shouldn't have used that term.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:50 AM

68,350 posts, read 54,496,641 times
I hope Obama has enough class to not even attempt making an issue of this.

What would people have McCain call his torturers--"My Esteemed Jailers"?

Old 06-05-2008, 11:57 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,765,495 times
I think we are splitting hairs over this matter. The "Whitey" tape will come out complements of the Clintons very soon. I can't stand any of the choices we have and see little difference between Obama and McCain, so the left in this formula have little to worry about. You will get your taxes raised all the way down to the $30,000 bracket, you will get your socialized medicine, and believe me, I am sick of insurance companies and am ready. You will also get the "world welfare fund" passed that sits in the Senate that will add an additional $8,000 each American family to the mix. Bring it on, it is time for the change. I am sick of the current leadership and cant' wait to see what change will bring us. I saw a t shirt that says "2008, Simply Scre..d
Count me as an Independent for non of the above.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:00 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,682,729 times
You mean the "Why'd He" tape?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections