Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 07:56 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,949,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Guess your very insightful post did not "further" the discussion....

or was my question the thread killer....

what will stop abortions from taking place?

On this forum, a prolonged silence speaks more loudly than words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 08:02 PM

194 posts, read 299,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

The strong, patriotic Christian will of the Republican party?

*snickering*

Old 08-16-2008, 08:09 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BButrell View Post
The strong, patriotic Christian will of the Republican party?

*snickering*

PUH-lease!

Well, it's AN answer and no others are, or ever have been, forthcoming.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:16 PM

824 posts, read 2,336,836 times
Quote:
"From the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists:
The Act purports to ban so-called "partial-birth abortions;" however, "partial-birth abortion" is not a medical term and is not recognized in the field of medicine. The Act defines "partial-birth abortion" in a way that encompasses a variation of dilatation and evacuation (D&E), the most common method of second-trimester abortion, in which the fetus remains intact as it is removed from the woman's uterus. The Act's definition also encompasses some D&E procedures in which the fetus is not removed intact."
The association that governs practicioners of a vile, violent, and destructive act that ends life (Hippocrates be damned) calls the procedure by a clinical name less likely to offend the uninformed. Shocker.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:29 PM

194 posts, read 299,283 times
Damn those professional doctors! Let's go with my weeping heart instead!

"Uninformed." Well, you're not, because I just told you. Yours is more like willful ignorance.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:10 AM

Old 08-17-2008, 07:08 AM

956 posts, read 1,235,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BButrell View Post
And you're still a liar. Let's look at your words, because I enjoy calling you out on your crap.

And I'm really tired of yours.

Look, I stated my opinion on this based on my life experience. This is a highly personal issue, nothing scientific about it.

I never guessed that someone would pick apart my choice of words so clearly I was too casual when I said "too many". I don't need your nitpicking on that. I will admit I have no idea how many that was because I'm quoting what she said. I wasn't there to count.

I'm against abortion after the first trimester. I'm against abortion period if truth be known, but I also try to keep a slightly open mind as opposed to others who are so rigid. There can always be medical issues that come into play and I don't think I'm someone who should sit in judgment of other women's choices. So I try to be flexible.

I have no desire to argue with you and I'm sorry I responded to your insults to begin with. I stand by every statement I've made on this thread and take responsibility for it.

Over and out.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post

Look, I stated my opinion on this based on my life experience. This is a highly personal issue, nothing scientific about it.

I never guessed that someone would pick apart my choice of words so clearly I was too casual when I said "too many". I don't need your nitpicking on that. I will admit I have no idea how many that was because I'm quoting what she said. I wasn't there to count.

I'm against abortion after the first trimester. I'm against abortion period if truth be known, but I also try to keep a slightly open mind as opposed to others who are so rigid. There can always be medical issues that come into play and I don't think I'm someone who should sit in judgment of other women's choices. So I try to be flexible.

I have no desire to argue with you and I'm sorry I responded to your insults to begin with. I stand by every statement I've made on this thread and take responsibility for it.

Over and out.

Then quit dragging it out....do YOU have an answer?

"""what will stop abortions from taking place?"""

Old 08-17-2008, 08:34 AM

824 posts, read 2,336,836 times
Quote:
""Uninformed." Well, you're not, because I just told you. Yours is more like willful ignorance."
I am ignorant because I support legislation that uses the term "partial birth abortion" in its language and abortion doctors prefer another term? Wow.

Was this language Barack Obama's big obstacle? Is the language why he chose not to support legal protection for babies born alive at the state level, like the protection that ultra-conservative activist Senator Barbara Boxer supported at the federal level? When one is to the left of NARAL on abortion, it might be time to re-examine one's position. When someone is running for the Presidency of the United States and the accompanying power to appoint hundreds of federal judges, the fact that he has the most radical position on abortion of anyone in the Senate (and probably the history of the Senate) is something that every single voter should know.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:39 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
I suggest the "ignore" function? Highly unlikely that the posts will not be quoted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections