Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 02:43 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
It's called pro-CHOICE, not pro-abortion. See, we pro-choicers don't feel the need to push our beliefs on others. You're pregnant, didn't plan the baby and don't want to have an abortion? FINE! wonderful! Give it up for adoption or keep it! It's only you pro-choicers that think you're "right" and try to instruct everyone else.
Pro choice to do what? An unnatural act of abortion. Yes, that DOES make you at least be pro abortion when it suits you. Go ahead, get one, just make it at YOUR expense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 02:51 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,605,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post

As for Obama, one thing that disturbs me about what the OP began this thread discussing is that his votes in the Senate are supposed to reflect the will of the people he represents. You absolutely cannot tell me that there is ANY state - even my home California - where anywhere close to a majority of people could be found who share his views on the Born Alive Infant Protection Act. He's pushing his own radical agenda and not the views of the people he represents. This is not a quality I want in my future president.
Please elaborate. What is your understanding of his view? It appears his vote did not undermine the Supreme court decision Roe v. Wade, nor did it remove the protections or discretion of the physicians to protect an infant child during an abortion procedure. Since it didn't eliminate the legal recourse for negligence, nor the penalty of the court for such, what did his vote do?

Old 08-22-2008, 02:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Pro choice to do what? An unnatural act of abortion. Yes, that DOES make you at least be pro abortion when it suits you. Go ahead, get one, just make it at YOUR expense.
Well it's good to know it's your pocketbook you're worried about and not someone else's morals....wish other anti-choice supporters were as honest.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:10 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well it's good to know it's your pocketbook you're worried about and not someone else's morals....wish other anti-choice supporters were as honest.
I don't agree with it on moral ground but I also know it isn't going to change. The financial end of it stands a better chance. Why do murderers want to abort the innocent but not abort the guilty in jails? Help me out with that one, thanks.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:27 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh, everybody knows where babies come from....from one of the most basic human needs...a powerful driving force almost as strong as breathing and eating. So if that's a problem for you please discuss it with whatever created human beings....and maybe they will rescind this need. Then , and only then, will abortions be a thing of the past.
So your going with weak will is where babies come from?

Old 08-22-2008, 03:31 PM

3D Ultrasound Pictures

Old 08-22-2008, 04:09 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So your going with weak will is where babies come from?
No, I'm going with sex is a POWERFUL HUMAN element and asking people to just stop having sex won't/doesn't/can't work.

What do you propose will end abortions?

Old 08-22-2008, 04:11 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,063,414 times
Barack Obama Supports Partial-Birth Abortion and Apparently, Post-Birth Abortion

Good for him!

Old 08-22-2008, 04:12 PM

149 posts, read 323,178 times
The main difference between pro-life and pro-choice is that pro-life people believe life begins at conception. Pro-choice believers do not think life begins at conception and as of yet i have not heard from any pro-choice believer when life begins. Many say we cannot know, it is not possible to know. Than I would state how can you pass laws that enable a person to end or terminate a process of a growing entity if you do not know what the status of the entity is. It seems taking action, irreversible action, when you do not have all the facts.

We cannot stop abortion. People will do what they want to do anyway no matter what laws are past. By passing laws we outline what our society deems to be acceptable. Just because we have a law does not mean we eliminate the action or transgresstion of the law. For example, we have a law that prohibits murder of a human being after birth. But yet there are still murders. I propose that if we did away with this law there would be more murders and it would have a negative impact on our society. We would be a society that condones murder by not punishing a murderous act. Our morals and value of life would be lowered to that of barbarians.

Should we as a society having the opinion that life starts at conception or the opinion that we don't really know when a human becomes a human support a process (abortion) to terminate the growth of a (fetus,embryo,blob)? Either knowing that life begins at conception or not knowing can lead to murder of an innocent life if we legally allow abortions. if we create a law that states abortion is illegal we are stating as a society this is not acceptable. Sure abortions will occur just as other transgressions of the law occur but it won't be thought of as acceptable. I propose that less abortions will take place. What about the rights or choice of the mother? If the (fetus, embryo, blob) is a human being does not the right to live out way the right to choose by the mother.

We have laws that state the women cannot kill their children after they are born. If we do not know when child becomes a child I believe this law should extend to babies in the womb just to error on the side of human life.

Now if you believe that life begins at birth then that is a different story. Not many people have this opinion because doctors have been know on many occasions to induce labor well before the natural birth process ends and the child survives just fine.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:14 PM

Getting the people who don't know where babies come from up to date.... Alex?

Last I looked no one has to have sex to live. They might enjoy it but with things as important as sex comes responsibility. I see you like to revert back to your famous question.

So let's say you have free will to have abortions....the gov. funds it and you can have as many as possible.....what happens when the cost become a burden can we move up the ladder and attack the cause of the problem....maybe the death penalty? I know that's extreme but it's right along the same train of thought.

The only thing separating them is # of weeks before life....which is not known and may never be known.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections