Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 02:50 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,356,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Are the Dems the fools or the American people for believing the Rovian message? I go with the latter and I am being proven right daily with these two mouth breathers running for POTUS.
Ooh, the Rovian message. The evil, evil Rovian message.

You must mean "Play to win."

What an evil man. What fools people are to follow him around like the pied piper.

No wait. That's Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 02:52 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,556,700 times
I believe changing colleges is not out of the ordinary for many Alaskan kids. There not as many opportunities/activities in Alaska for kids, compared to the lower 48. So for many, going to college is their first real chance to explore the cultures of the rest of the US. Many will adapt while others will experience culture shock. This can result in the kids to return home for a breather (and becoming more mature), before going back to a new college south and finishing up their degree.

Hawaii has been a popular college destination for Alaskan kids when you think about warm weather and beaches. Cost ends up playing a big part when they realize it costs even more to live there plus the higher tuition and travel expenses. I've known several kids who had to take a year or two off to save enough to go back. I've known more who couldn't afford to go back and ended up in a college on the mainland.

Personally, I've had one son who completed his degree at the same college, and two others who been to more than one college before getting their degrees. One has been in four (I would have preferred less). So far, they've all turned out alright.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:56 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,692,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
You may change your mind. Think of Sarah then.
I suggest if you change your mind, think of Biden - you do not want to go to Alaska, do you?

Old 09-09-2008, 02:57 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,081,684 times
Quote:
Ooh, the Rovian message. The evil, evil Rovian message.

You must mean "Play to win."

What an evil man. What fools people are to follow him around like the pied piper.

No wait. That's Obama.
Yeah, great guy. Yet he's scared sh*tless to testify before Congress because he knows he could be committed of a number of crimes. He is indeed evil. But the GOP doesn't seem to care, as long as they win, flouting the constitution is all for the greater good of winning.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:58 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,919,332 times
Palin's Experience - Source

Palin served two terms on the Wasilla, Alaska city council from 1992 to 1996, then won two terms as mayor of Wasilla from 1996 to 2002. After an unsuccessful campaign for lieutenant governor of Alaska in 2002, she chaired and served as Ethics Supervisor of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission from 2003 to 2004.
Elected governor of Alaska in November 2006, Palin became the first woman and the youngest person to hold the office.[6] She defeated incumbent Republican governor Frank Murkowski in the Republican primary and former Democratic governor Tony Knowles in the general election.

Budget and spending - Source

Palin followed through on a campaign promise to sell the Westwind II jet purchased by the Murkowski administration for $2.7 million in 2005 on a state government credit account against the wishes of the Legislature. In August 2007 the jet was listed on eBay; no buyer was found on eBay, and the plane was later sold for $2.1 million through a private brokerage firm to a campaign contributer.[62][63]
In June 2007, Palin signed into law a $6.6 billion operating budget—the largest in Alaska's history.[64] At the same time, she used her veto power to make the second-largest cuts of the construction budget in state history. The $237 million in cuts represented over 300 local projects, and reduced the construction budget to nearly $1.6 billion.[65]
Palin continues to live in Wasilla eschewing the customary perks of her office. She does not use the the Governor's private chef, whom Palin transferred to the Lounge of the State Legislature.[66] Palin has instead charged the state a per diem for the 312 nights she has spent at home and for her family's travel expenses, mostly between Juneau and Wasilla

Obama has been a state legislature and senator. He has done nothing else. - Source

I think a woman as aggressive as Ladin is EXACTLY what america needs. she has pulled my mccain vote.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
I suggest if you change your mind, think of Biden - you do not want to go to Alaska, do you?
I'm sorry but that makes no sense whatsoever.

Why would thinking of Biden make someone want to go to Alaska?

It makes me think of going to a hair implant clinic.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:05 PM

645 posts, read 910,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Plain changed colleges so often because she, unlike Obama, wasn't riding easy on Affirmative Action programs. She had to work hard and even be part of beauty pageants to earn money to pay for college. Therefore, she had to change college a few times because of price/cost issues. Comm Colleges are cheaper, you know. Obama wouldn't know that since Affirmative Action pushed him for a free ride through colleges. Must be nice, not having to work for your education, but neither Plain nor myself would know that.

She has a BA in Political Science and Journalism from the University of Idaho in 1987, the Associated Press reports.

If you wish to learn more about Palin for reputable sources and not from some moron in his mom's basement, please search and look for decent soruces, like Wikipedia (yes, it's written by people, but this article is viewed so often, it has been way checked and re-checked by many people). Sarah Palin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Can you provide REPUTABLE SOURCES for your Obama information? He speaks about his student loans, so I'm not sure where you come up with affirmation action pushing him for a free ride.

Not sure where you got her information about switching schools for financial reasonsl The McCain campaign had no comment...

The Associated Press: VP hopeful Palin attended 5 colleges in 6 years (broken link)

Old 09-09-2008, 03:05 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,692,829 times
Quote:
I'm sorry but that makes no sense whatsoever.

Why would thinking of Biden make someone want to go to Alaska?

It makes me think of going to a hair implant clinic.
.. because Biden will be in Washington and Sarah, after her loss, back to Alaska.
.. unfortunately, I need some hair implants too

Old 09-09-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Yeah, great guy. Yet he's scared sh*tless to testify before Congress because he knows he could be committed of a number of crimes. He is indeed evil. But the GOP doesn't seem to care, as long as they win, flouting the constitution is all for the greater good of winning.
NO ONE involved in politics is a "great guy." They're all shake oil salesman. Criticizing Rove becuase he's a good snake oil salesman in fatuous.

But yeah, he looks really scared. That's why he's on TV all the time, doing analysis.

And he's not as scared as the Dems -- who thought they had this one in the bag.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:08 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,730,909 times
I would respect you Palin supporters a whole lot more if you would quit making excuses for her. She was young and probably lacked direction for the first few years of college, but eventually found her way and got her degree. Many kids go through the same thing.

No need to knock Obama for exceling in college and law school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections