Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 03:52 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,080,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Well, everybody wants change, so maybe if we fire those ivy league college graduates and hire someone who had to make it on their own, we may get a good candidate. I have always wanted to know where the political people got these crazy ideas. Maybe a mom will be more logical in her thinking than someone who studied just like all the rest. If you want a fresh Washington, throw out the same old, same ole.
Why did someone who scores high enough and has grades in high school good enough to get into an Ivy League school is now somehow not making it on their own? If you're talking about Bush or McCain, sure they got in based on family connections, but Obama got into school based on smarts and hard work. Or are you another one who believes without any evidence at all that Obama got in because he's black. Just shows how racist this country still is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 04:00 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,645,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Why did someone who scores high enough and has grades in high school good enough to get into an Ivy League school is now somehow not making it on their own? If you're talking about Bush or McCain, sure they got in based on family connections, but Obama got into school based on smarts and hard work. Or are you another one who believes without any evidence at all that Obama got in because he's black. Just shows how racist this country still is.

Here you are again putting words in my mouth that I did not say. I don't care how they got into these schools. She did it on her own without the government. She won a beauty contest and used the money for education. What I said is that maybe we need someone from a different college from those in Washington if we are to change Washington and it certainly needs to be changed. I used to have a boss that went to one of those ivy league colleges and she was one of the dumbest people I have ever met. She used the things taught in those colleges and she was just as bad as the politicans I see on the news on a daily basis. We need someone from the logical part of the country that thinks in a normal way to give it a try for a change. Someone who is thinking about getting things done instead of thinking about keeping the job. Someone with a little common sense.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:06 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,607,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Plain changed colleges so often because she, unlike Obama, wasn't riding easy on Affirmative Action programs. She had to work hard and even be part of beauty pageants to earn money to pay for college. Therefore, she had to change college a few times because of price/cost issues. Comm Colleges are cheaper, you know. Obama wouldn't know that since Affirmative Action pushed him for a free ride through colleges. Must be nice, not having to work for your education, but neither Plain nor myself would know that.

She has a BA in Political Science and Journalism from the University of Idaho in 1987, the Associated Press reports.

If you wish to learn more about Palin for reputable sources and not from some moron in his mom's basement, please search and look for decent soruces, like Wikipedia (yes, it's written by people, but this article is viewed so often, it has been way checked and re-checked by many people). Sarah Palin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

factcheck. com, she was a journalism major and MINOR in poly sci (so, about 4-5 classes)

She has no experience, as Paul Begala has said if McCain wins we better hope he stays healthy.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Also Obama was on Harvard Law Review, VERY impressive and hard to get, he clearly is brilliant.

Bushie got to Yale bcs of his Dad, they do practice nepotism.

Give credit where it is due, I doubt McSame could have even gotten into Harvard, he graduted at the very bottom of his class in Annapolis, lol, and he was 3rd generation.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:14 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,817,470 times
Pallin would make a great president - stupid and ignorant just like our current example of neocon's finest.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:42 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,830,365 times
Quote:
How long as McCain been in the Senate now? Oh.
Two top ticket guys selling "change." One picks a 36 year senate insider; one picks a relatively unknown, reform minded governor. I'll leave it to the reader to determine which one offers "change" . . . which one is walking the talk so to speak and which one is blowing hot air.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:44 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,830,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
clearly is brilliant.
If he was half as brilliant as you guys want to believe he'd be a republican And he'd know that the US has 50 states.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:19 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,525,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Plain changed colleges so often because she, unlike Obama, wasn't riding easy on Affirmative Action programs. She had to work hard and even be part of beauty pageants to earn money to pay for college. Therefore, she had to change college a few times because of price/cost issues. Comm Colleges are cheaper, you know. Obama wouldn't know that since Affirmative Action pushed him for a free ride through colleges. Must be nice, not having to work for your education, but neither Plain nor myself would know that.

She has a BA in Political Science and Journalism from the University of Idaho in 1987, the Associated Press reports.

If you wish to learn more about Palin for reputable sources and not from some moron in his mom's basement, please search and look for decent soruces, like Wikipedia (yes, it's written by people, but this article is viewed so often, it has been way checked and re-checked by many people). Sarah Palin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That is totally ridiculous. I worked my way through college - the same college - for five years. One of the ramifications of being truly poor is the inability to move. Moving costs money.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:22 AM

I love the "had to be part of beauty pageants"...lol. her narcissism seems endless.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:27 AM

107 posts, read 358,959 times
Palin kept switching schools, and McCain ranked near the bottom of his class. Obama was an academic star. I am not saying that should be the sole criterion for selecting a president/VP combo, but it should definitely factor in.

I think that the American populace does not trust smart people to run the government. The result: 8 years of George Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections