Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 05:24 AM

645 posts, read 910,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
DEMOCRATS FOR MCCAIN/PALIN
Tell me Georgia Dem if you such a die-hard democrat what is the core of the Democratic platform? What was Bill Clinton's biggest contribution to families in the U.S.? These are all valid questions that a Democrat should be able to answer easily, and intelligently...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 05:34 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
I don't know. I've been watching the cable news this morning and it appears even they think the bush doctrine (that the left is desperately trying to sell) is a pimple. However, the edited done by ABC was atrocious.

So far, good reviews. The only ones thinking she was terrible are the left-wing blogs. Surprise, surprise.

I think tonight, you'll be whining and wailing and gnashing teeth again.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:36 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,879,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
Tell me Georgia Dem if you such a die-hard democrat what is the core of the Democratic platform? What was Bill Clinton's biggest contribution to families in the U.S.? These are all valid questions that a Democrat should be able to answer easily, and intelligently...
Bill Clinton's biggest contributuion by far was a not only a balanced budget but a SURPLUS!!!! Wow, what a concept!

Old 09-12-2008, 05:38 AM

645 posts, read 910,173 times
Quote:
funny how the folks that do not seem to like God very much
they sure bring Him up a lot???
So He's a he? Hmmm. I did not know that.

Try reading this article...

What's the difference between Palin and Muslim fundamentalists? Lipstick | Salon

Old 09-12-2008, 05:48 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,841,636 times
The Today Show seemed to be very perplexed and entertained by Palin's understanding of international relations because you can "see Russia" from an Alaskan island.

I'm looking at this with an open mind- not reading blogs, just news reports. It's not looking so good for Ms. Sarah.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:00 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
ABC’s evening news anchor Charlie Gibson treated Republican vice president Sarah Palin gently, but asked her some tough questions about foreign policy as Palin stuck to talking points — but delivered them like a female Ronald Reagan.
That's good. After all, a VP can't have opinions that differ from the top of the ticket because that would be just nuts. When is Gibson going to interview Biden? People who aren't news junkies or live in Delaware don't know him, either. I'm talking about the same people who don't know who Nancy Pelosi is or can't pick out her face from a group of 3 photos.

I don't watch national news on the lower channels so I don't know Gibson. I understand he came from morning TV (which I don't watch, either), is that right? I do think, however, after seeing clips last night, that he needs a new pair of glasses so he doesn't look like he's looking down at the people he talks to with those half glasses that sit at the end of his nose. You can get full glass bifocals.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:35 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,429,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Bill Clinton's biggest contributuion by far was a not only a balanced budget but a SURPLUS!!!! Wow, what a concept!
Yea, he gutted our military to the lowest levels since 1938 and left us open to a sucker punch by terrorist.

Good job Bill.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:43 AM

9,373 posts, read 14,327,319 times
There was nothing unusual about the questions or the answers.

Actually quite realistic her insistence that energy policy and foreign policy are inextricable.

Scary is the US administration's insistence that the Russian's attacked Georgia unprovoked, she just towed the administration's line.

The idea of war with Russia came in the context of Ukraine and Georgia's joining NATO. NATO policy is to seek Ukraine's admission. Russia wants Crimea. The Georgian government's policy is that it wants to seek admission, but I do not believe that NATO has publicly stated a policy on Georgia in that regard.

In any case, it still has mostly to do with energy policy.

Unfortunately, we are decades away from extricating energy policy from foreign policy, unless in the meantime we i) either discover or invent a formula for energizing private transport engines or ii) we learn to live without them and go back about a century in economic terms, while the people of other continents want to make a leap forward.

That, and greed, is the reason why we are all at each other's throats, so to speak, one way or the other.

It would be nice if the people in power around the world could sit down at one big energy summit and figure out a way to share.

But, really, in terms of industrialized society, we are all a bunch of two-year olds.

This is also reflected in the bickering in US domestic political discourse mostly based on red herring issues.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:34 AM

956 posts, read 1,235,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
What? Is the election over?

Do you even understand the issues? .................
To your first question, I would say .... Yes, pretty much.

To your second, yes I understand the issues. Do you?

Quote:
.............I AM NOT UNDECIDED
DEMOCRATS FOR MCCAIN/PALIN
Good for you. I tried to give you rep but have to spread it around!!! I so admire members of any political party who keep an open mind when looking at the candidates and making their decisions. I always try to do the same.

As to the Palin interview, the reviews are coming in pretty strong that she definitely held her own, that the interview was poorly edited and ABC did her no favors during the process.

I couldn't stay up for Nightline when they showed more of the unedited version. So I don't know the chronological order of the questions, but to ask Palin straight out of the gate whether she thinks she's experienced enough to be VP and follow her affirmative answer with "doesn't that show a lot of hubris?" is just insulting.

I can't recall anyone asking Barack that question and most certainly if they did, they didn't ask him the follow-up.

I do so wish they had let us watch this interview in its entirety and unedited ... or at the very least break it up over a few nights if they had to for ratings, but show all of it in chronologically. This is what Fox did with their O'Reilly interview with Obama and they're now going to show it in its entirety. Obama insisted it be unedited and I wish Palin's people had done the same.

This is all going to backfire big time. The media and the far left are making a huge mistake going after Sarah. But it's just fine with me because I just grow more confident in the long term result.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:42 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
They and some of last night's interview and more new footage this morning on ABC Good Morning - she was fantastic again.

I had read the Nightline version of her interview was much more intact and not so choppy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections