Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 05:27 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,752,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
How did you determine this????

How could you tell?

My point of view? I thought she handled herself very well in her first interview. She didn't answer the questions any differently than many other candidates running for office who are careful in their choice of words to avoid the media plucking ill chosen words for sound bites.

Good for her. Charlie was annoyingly persistent and she wouldn't bite.

I think the "hubris" was Charlie's for being so insulting in asking the question about whether she was ready to be VP with so little experience. Somehow I must have missed him asking Barack Obama the same question about being President with so little experience.

However, I was annoyed by the editing which was so obvious.
The questions even weren't tough and she was stumbling and bumbling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 05:29 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,750,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Give me a break with that female ronald reagan crap. You could clearly tell that she really didn't know what she was talking about.
Like Ronald Reagan.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
I don't think she even knew what "hubris" meant.

Alarming that her answer to fitness for presidency was about victory in war.
She probably thinks hubris is a moose dish.

Or a lost book of the Bible.

Or maybe a cool name for her 6th child.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:45 PM

365 posts, read 525,677 times
I felt sorry for her . But at least the voters have seen tonight that she is not ready to be a VP, more less a President!

Old 09-11-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
I felt sorry for her . But at least the voters have seen tonight that she is not ready to be a VP, more less a President!
I feel sorry for her like I feel sorry for a fly I'm about to smash.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:48 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,636,056 times
She seems a far better choice for VP than Obama does for POTUS. That guy can beat around the bush for HOURS without giving a straight answer, and frequently does!

Old 09-11-2008, 05:51 PM

218 posts, read 468,805 times
Default the gentel giant

Does anyone remember obama's answer to those questions....that's right they were not asked of him. Surprize?
Palin did good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
ABC’s evening news anchor Charlie Gibson treated Republican vice president Sarah Palin gently, but asked her some tough questions about foreign policy as Palin stuck to talking points — but delivered them like a female Ronald Reagan.

Link to rest.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:52 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The questions even weren't tough and she was stumbling and bumbling.
She neither stumbled or bumbled. She did skirt the questions, but everyone does that. I'd like to hear direct answers, but if she did that I'd worry she wasn't ready to be VP. Since she has that down, she's ready.

If you want to watch a stumbling and bumbling candidate, just catch Mr. Obama without a script ......... "but, but, but, but, but...." , "no, no, no, no, no....." and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
Somehow I doubt Ms Palin is in need of your sympathy. The voters have not seen tonight that she's not ready to be a VP.

How do you figure that?

I feel sorry for all you Liberals. It has got to be so painful to realize how close you came. It has to be tough to know that if only Barack had picked Hillary, Sarah Palin would still just be the Governor of Alaska. It has to hurt terribly to see Barack finally learning how it feels to see people's backs.

America is looking for change. Barack said it so it must be so. But then they saw he's really not offering change at all, just same old/same old. Then along comes Sarah Palin, a down to earth, self assured, common sense/no nonsence kind of lady. And she's got everyone hopping, spinning and twirling.

It's such fun to watch.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:56 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,574,770 times
I am sorry ,we must have watched a different interview. She was horrible. She stumbled on every question. And even chnaged her mind in midsentence once.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I am sorry ,we must have watched a different interview. She was horrible. She stumbled on every question. And even chnaged her mind in midsentence once.
Oh you big meanie ... she's only been training on the job for 2 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections