Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:49 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,867,787 times

Advertisements

Racism is alive and well in America. You guys (and you know who you are) are truly dumb. And besides, it's not a race thing, it's a poverty thing. It's just that more minorities are poverty stricken than non minorities. It has to do with a whole litnany of reasons, race being one, but not the only one. It's called sociology, take a class, learn something you trashy idiotic fools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 11:49 AM

36,668 posts, read 67,634,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123cop View Post
We can all argue why Black America has fallen behind in almost every major statistical category.
I have to disagree.

As a group, Black Household Income is increasing at a faster rate than whites.

2006-2007 Increas in Total Income
Whites +6.6%
Blacks +6.8%

Old 09-22-2008, 11:52 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,417,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I have to disagree.

As a group, Black Household Income is increasing at a faster rate than whites.

2006-2007 Increas in Total Income
Whites +6.6%
Blacks +6.8%
Careful- he'll probably attribute that to increased drug sales, which are boosting household income among blacks......

Old 09-22-2008, 11:52 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,683,746 times
The percentage of 18-to 24-year old blacks who had completed high school in 1975: 64.8%.
In 1995: 76.9%.

The percentage of 18- to 24-year old blacks who were enrolled in college in 1975: 20.7%.
In 1995: 27.3%

The percentage of blacks over the age of 25 who had completed four years of high school or more in 1975: 42.5%.
In 1995: 73.8%

The number of businesses in the U.S. owned by black women in 1987: 172,200.
In 1996: 405,200.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ics/vital.html

Old 09-22-2008, 11:54 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,205,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
that meth study is based on admissions, not addicts.

well they've done there best to curb Clinton de-regulations, but as you can see, it simply was not enough.
You mean Phil Gramm deregulations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
unfortunately he is right about the the statistics. what we need is not only an experienced politician who can get things done, but also understands that we need to re-invest into those failing communities to start their own business and provide Free, yes i said FREE education on how too.

I am from the detroit area and it is a self-destructive community that feeds on itself.
Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | Poverty

http://www.barackobama.com/2007/07/18/remarks_of_senator_barack_obam_19 (broken link).

Please read these, he knows what you're talking about and addresses the problems responsibly.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:23 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,122,073 times
Quote:
White people aren't leading the nation in murder, poverty, violent crime, dropout rates, new AIDS cases.. we're succeeding. We don't look to the president or the govt for help.. we look in the mirror.
Ah, you do know that there are far, far more white people on welfare than black people, don't you? You do know that there are more homeless white people than homeless black people, don't you? You do know that there are more white drug addicts and alcholics than black drug addicts and alcholics, don't you? Heck, with more than 2 centuries of white presidents, white vice presidents, etc. etc. every white person in the country should be a millionaire by your thinking. Funny thing, when below average students like McCain and Bush are admitted to the top universities it is called "legacy" and no one thinks a thing about it. When a top student like Obama is admitted it is called Affirmative Action and people yell bloody murder. If millionaire bankers and investment people mess up and lose everyone's money they demand that the government bails them out and it is called "doing what is good for America" If a black family loses their job (because it was sent overseas by these same people) and needs some help to get back on their feet it is called welfare and people yell bloody murder. How some folks keep from choking on their own hypocrisy I will never know.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:31 PM

451 posts, read 1,229,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Ah, you do know that there are far, far more white people on welfare than black people, don't you? You do know that there are more homeless white people than homeless black people, don't you? You do know that there are more white drug addicts and alcholics than black drug addicts and alcholics, don't you? Heck, with more than 2 centuries of white presidents, white vice presidents, etc. etc. every white person in the country should be a millionaire by your thinking. Funny thing, when below average students like McCain and Bush are admitted to the top universities it is called "legacy" and no one thinks a thing about it. When a top student like Obama is admitted it is called Affirmative Action and people yell bloody murder. If millionaire bankers and investment people mess up and lose everyone's money they demand that the government bails them out and it is called "doing what is good for America" If a black family loses their job (because it was sent overseas by these same people) and needs some help to get back on their feet it is called welfare and people yell bloody murder. How some folks keep from choking on their own hypocrisy I will never know.
LML you were the last person I gave rep points to which I don't give our freely, so I can't give you another until I do someone else, but I'm ack you putting people in there place

Old 09-22-2008, 12:32 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,186,263 times
in addition:

of all candidates tested for the GED (hence, dropouts) in 2007, 53 percent were white, 24 percent were African American, and 19 percent were of Hispanic origin

Old 09-22-2008, 12:35 PM

487 posts, read 1,818,280 times
Quote:
Honestly, I almost want Obama to win just so black america will stop making excuses.

I'm very anxious to see if black america will progress under Obama.

Don't get me wrong.. I hope and pray things getter better for black america. I'm tired of hearing the excuses.
I truly hope you are not a police officer, I would love to know which Blacks that you have personally spoken to that has made excuses for their situation. How do you think that Obama is going to change Black America(As if that's his goal)? I swear, all the prejudice comments I see on these boards, If people would stop and actually go and talk to people of different races, to see their views, they would realize we are all seeking the same things in life. This place is truly sad.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:41 PM

451 posts, read 1,229,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB6120 View Post
I truly hope you are not a police officer, I would love to know which Blacks that you have personally spoken to that has made excuses for their situation. How do you think that Obama is going to change Black America(As if that's his goal)? I swear, all the prejudice comments I see on these boards, If people would stop and actually go and talk to people of different races, to see their views, they would realize we are all seeking the same things in life. This place is truly sad.

Yeah I thought about that when I seen his name. Hopefully he's not a cop. If he does, he needs some attitude adjustment. Also while he post stuff like this, he is out there "protecting and serving" with the same type of attitude which leads to mistrust between the cops and the people of the community they serve. Most people can't see they are doing wrong, until they see themselves on video or they are fired for misconduct. Him and a bunch of others completely ignored my class warefare comment, because they don't see who there true adversaries are. They have fallen for the divide and conqor and will be blind to there graves. I truly don't blame them 100 percent, because some of the propraganda put out is strong and certain life events can lead people to view groups of people vs the person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections