Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 05:45 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
...............you don't need me to rant that palin is a drag on McSame. the news people have been talking about it for weeks now. I'm just here to make right-wingers mad.
I think you really didn't mean "news people". I think you meant "commentators". Oh wait! You probably did mean "news people".

Would that be the same "news people" who are overwhelmingly in the tank for Barack Obama? This isn't exactly a secret.

I can't understand all the fuss about Sarah Palin's clothing. As I heard the other day, she can't win. If she walked out in clothes from Target or K-Mart, she'd be criticized for not "dressing the part". Or worse you'd all say she's white trash from Alaska and doesn't know any better.

And she's not keeping the clothing; it's all going to charity.

Speaking of large expenditures, anyone taken a peek lately at Obama's budget? Anyone see the receipt circulating of Michelle Obama's little snack at the Waldorf Astoria on October 15th for almost $500??? Couple of lobsters, a little caviar, touch of wine. 500 big ones.

I wouldn't go off on too much of a tangent about spending ... not a good place to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 05:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
I think you really didn't mean "news people". I think you meant "commentators". Oh wait! You probably did mean "news people".

Would that be the same "news people" who are overwhelmingly in the tank for Barack Obama? This isn't exactly a secret.

I can't understand all the fuss about Sarah Palin's clothing. As I heard the other day, she can't win. If she walked out in clothes from Target or K-Mart, she'd be criticized for not "dressing the part". Or worse you'd all say she's white trash from Alaska and doesn't know any better.

That has not been 100% decided yet.

Speaking of large expenditures, anyone taken a peek lately at Obama's budget? Anyone see the receipt circulating of Michelle Obama's little snack at the Waldorf Astoria on October 15th for almost $500??? Couple of lobsters, a little caviar, touch of wine. 500 big ones.

I wouldn't go off on too much of a tangent about spending ... not a good place to go.;
)
Presumably they are using their own money, not political contributions.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:51 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,327,109 times
Too much FOX news.And, yes, we're going to pull that D lever.
Quote:

I wouldn't go off on too much of a tangent about spending ... not a good place to go.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:53 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,393,584 times
Quote:

Good Lawd! This is just like high school gossip. This has been debunked at least 4 times IN THIS FORUM today. I'm done linking it.......... snopes.. factcheck or NY times all had retractions.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:57 PM

972 posts, read 1,332,041 times
Quote:

excuse me, wrong again They had to recall the story of the 'snack' saying it wasn't true and their source was wrong. FYI she didnt even have a room there, eat there AT ALL.. LOL

here, PROOF they retracted it next day. Stop spreading lies!!
ROOM DISSERVICE- New York Post

"
October 21, 2008 --
THE source who told us last week about Michelle Obama getting lobster and caviar delivered to her room at the Waldorf-Astoria must have been under the influence of a mind-altering drug. She was not even staying at the Waldorf. We regret the mistake, and our former source is going to regret it, too. Bread and water would be too good for such disinformation."

Last edited by chasingclouds; 10-23-2008 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: linking proof

Old 10-23-2008, 07:02 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,426,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerfamily View Post
If the McCain campaign was smart they should have used the 150k to help out Joe the plumber and advertise that instead , but I said "if they were smart".
Exactly, where are there priorities....this country is hurting in all aspects, especially our economy, but use monies on a Governor (so she's pretty on her campaign trail....that's unamerican....and something is broke.

I'm republican and it gives me a "bad" taste of ethics for one...

Old 10-23-2008, 07:16 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette-dude View Post
Exactly, where are there priorities....this country is hurting in all aspects, especially our economy, but use monies on a Governor (so she's pretty on her campaign trail....that's unamerican....and something is broke.

I'm republican and it gives me a "bad" taste of ethics for one...
Don't feel badly about being a registed Republican and being dismayed by the party. The real Republican Party has been hijacked by thugs. Somehow I cannot make the association between these people and the party of Lincoln.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:35 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,551,185 times
If she was as great an her supporters think she is, show would have said "thank you, but no thank you" this is not who I am, this is a phony representation and just isn't what I and the Republican party are supposed to stand for.

Or she could be a self-serving greedy b.......h.

Like billing Alaskan taxpayers to stay in her own house, fudge expense reports to fly her children all over the place, so maybe it really is who she is, and what she stands for, feeding at the trough of taxpayer dollars.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:17 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,847,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Her opinions on important issues would be inconsequential to me if it were not for the fact that SHE IS RUNNING FOR VP. My neighbor can stand on his head in the nude while he eats breakfast and I would not judge him, but when it comes to an elected official that has the power to influence laws and major decision making, you are damn right I will scrutinize and judge them. Fact is tha Palins's outlook and behavior do not warrant my respect. I have not seen anything in her that I find admirable. If you do not find it abominable that she would expect a young girl to have a baby conceived out of incest and rape than you are wacko and most likey live in Wasilla.
She said that counselling the girl should come first.
I am pro-choice only because I know that these people will find a way to kill their unborn fetuses anyway and I would rather it not happen in a back alley somewhere.
I also happen to be anti-abortion. I believe (know) that that fetus will be a living, thinking, loving human being.......unless, of course, someone rips it from the uterus while it peacefully gestates. Did you know that fetuses actually often suck their thumbs? Do amorphous lumps of cells suck their thumbs?
Abortion should always be a hard thought out last resort!

Btw, I am not remotely religious.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:19 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,847,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Still beatin' that drum huh? terrorist obama? riiiight
Please stop highdesertmutz, your dazzling intellect is making me so dizzy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections