Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 02:16 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,327,109 times

Advertisements

Wow, 100 bucks?
we shop at Salvation Army & Goodwill, must be nice to Have $$$$$$$$
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
McCowdowg wrote;

I appreciate a woman that looks like a woman too, I don't judge her character by how "pretty" she is or how expensively she is dressed. My wife still turns heads (among our age group) and I don't think she's ever spent more than $100 for a single article of clothing.

Remember, I'm the thread starter here. I think just like the money that McCain blew that he got from the parents of ?? (insert name of blonde bimbo here) they don't mind the money being spent, they mind it being spent WITHOUT ANY REGARD TO VALUE. Heck they could've bought a boat load of robo-calls with that money.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 02:24 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
YES THIS REALLY IS ME POSTING THIS

Look she is kind of the victim of the morons running the campaign. This is no more her fault than the robo-calls going into Maine are the fault of Susan Collins.

Someone (probably Pfotenhaue-clothes horse if I ever saw one) called their normal outlet, had someone send over a stack of clothes and said "pick out what you like". I can guarantee that when you are that level of customer the store would never be so classless as to have price tags on anything.

She obviously liked the red and black as I've not seen her in anything else. And I must say she usually looks OK to me, I don't want to see a "Wal-Mart mom" on the TV.

The problem is that these morons have been selling her as "everyday folk" a hockey mom and every other "real American" cliche'.

The first problem is that it's possibly a violation of the FEC rules, but my gosh we're still losing troops looking for WMD and the economy is "trickling upward" at an alarming rate.

The second problem is that the CAMPAIGN told Politico and the story got no play among the major media (drive bys in Rush's words) UNTIL REPUBLICANS STARTED COMPLAINING to Politico.

Real Republicans are appalled at the incompetence and arrogance of the McCain campaign team. This isn't helping.

golfgod
While Palin was dragged kicking and screaming into Sachs, did she stop to buy anything for Mrs. Six Pack and Mrs. Plumber?

She is an opportunistic, liar and crook just like the rest of the right wing wackos....read my lips...they hand picked her (Cheney/Rove) because she had the same morals or lack of that they have.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:32 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,854,979 times
domergurl wrote;
Quote:
Let's just focus on how hairbrained she is and how angry the taxpayers of Alaska should be.
Someone must have heard you in AK. Apparently the state auditor's office is taking a "second look" at some of those travel vouchers. Particularly the one where she spent 5 hours at a conference in NYC but whacked the good folks in AK for 5 mights of a hotel for her and the daughter(s?). And they weren't staying in Motel 6 either.

golfgod

Old 10-22-2008, 02:33 PM

658 posts, read 1,786,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Pampered Princess?! LOL!
She is the VP candidate and the republicans want her to look the best she can. That doesn't make sense to you?????!!!!

Why does this woman make you people froth at the mouth like this?
Just please answer this question.
I can understand the RNC wanting a wardrobe for Palin that looks good, but the need to spend $150K, more than what the average American brings home on it? That's just plain stupid and irresponsible.

Hell Stacy and Clinton on What not to Wear give women great makeovers all the time, and they only spend $5K on it!

Honestly, the $150K could have been spent to get Palin a better understanding of the Constitution, becuase she is completely clueless on it.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:38 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,327,109 times
Ouch! that hurt....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingJay View Post
I can understand the RNC wanting a wardrobe for Palin that looks good, but the need to spend $150K, more than what the average American brings home on it? That's just plain stupid and irresponsible.

Hell Stacy and Clinton on What not to Wear give women great makeovers all the time, and they only spend $5K on it!

Honestly, the $150K could have been spent to get Palin a better understanding of the Constitution, becuase she is completely clueless on it.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:41 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,691,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingJay View Post
I disagree. Her brain would fill up after $100 worth.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:50 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,708,167 times
$150,000 is about triple what I make a year. The tax return she submitted showed an income of over $120,000 one year - so why didn't she have anything decent to wear? Geez, if I had donated to the campaign, I would be asking for my donation back.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:52 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,708,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Besides that we Republicans want a woman to BE a woman. Women shop for clothes and look pretty.
Oh... so now we know why the Republicans picked Palin - all you wanted was someone who would shop for clothes and look pretty.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:57 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Pampered Princess?! LOL!
She is the VP candidate and the republicans want her to look the best she can. That doesn't make sense to you?????!!!!

Why does this woman make you people froth at the mouth like this?
Just please answer this question.
Because she is one of the Cheney/Rove puppets. Because she should have stayed in Wasill "Meth Capital' ALaska. Because she has the audacity to think that she is worthy of a position of VP. Because she condones wolf and wolf pup killing. Because she is an "End Time" believer fanatic. Because she is married to a country bumpkin and she is subserviant to him as her wacko religion dictates. Because she thinks that if a young girl that is raped by a relative should be forced to have the child. Because she is a first class hypocrite. Because she has no integrity, etc, etc, etc.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:27 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,729,742 times
It's not all that noteworthy that she got a new wardrobe. But what is noteworthy is that she spent $150,000 on it, all the while claiming to be fiscally conservative. It's just another disconnect between what she says and what she does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections