Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 06:47 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,083,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I have no problem with it. Spending all that Republican (and Democratic - I'll be non-partisan on this issue) money is good for the economy. Some of those shop owners (if they weren't asked to donate) probably had their best day in ages.

Spend baby spend.
THat was part of it too, had they gone to a local shop and bought lots of inventory, it would have been great. But they went to stores where really rich people buy their clothes (and still have plenty of money to do so) go. So the economic stimulus was really kind of lost except for a few Italian designers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 07:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
What problem did you have with her explanation of what the VP does?
It is incorrect.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:32 PM

11,398 posts, read 24,475,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
THat was part of it too, had they gone to a local shop and bought lots of inventory, it would have been great. But they went to stores where really rich people buy their clothes (and still have plenty of money to do so) go. So the economic stimulus was really kind of lost except for a few Italian designers.
I agree with you. Still, if they want to spend their money, let them.

It would have been better if they had supported smaller local businesses and designers, but holding on to their cash isn't helping anyone. I hope they spend it all. Less money for hate-filled robo calls.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:33 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,064,230 times
Sorry to be late to the party, but who should we blame, Tim Gunn?

Old 10-22-2008, 08:07 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,847,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
ah, yes, more personal attacks from people who disagree, that's what I like about C-D.
You consider that a personal attack?
Your rant about Gov Palin was absolutely unhinged and baseless but I am making personal attacks?

Old 10-22-2008, 08:10 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,847,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It is incorrect.
She gave a simplistic explanation of the job of the VP which was fairly correct.
Maybe she should have been much more detailed and serious but you know what??.....
SHE WAS TALKING TO AN 8-YR OLD!!!!!!

Old 10-22-2008, 08:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
She gave a simplistic explanation of the job of the VP which was fairly correct.
Maybe she should have been much more detailed and serious but you know what??.....
I'm not sure what you're referring to, but I saw her on CNN and she was talking abou tgetting involved with the legislators in the Senate, etc. This is not the job of the VP. The VP is part of the executive branch, not the legislative.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:18 PM

658 posts, read 1,786,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
Sorry to be late to the party, but who should we blame, Tim Gunn?
LOL. Actually I think Tim Gunn could probably find Palin a decent wardrobe for under $10K.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I agree with you. Still, if they want to spend their money, let them.

It would have been better if they had supported smaller local businesses and designers, but holding on to their cash isn't helping anyone. I hope they spend it all. Less money for hate-filled robo calls.
I agree with that, I actually am thrilled that they went to the most elite stores in town for the moose killin mama, irony is fun.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
VPs are prohibited from "being in charge of the senate" they preside over tie votes only. they are not allowed to schedule votes, participate in normal votes, write policy, rules, or legislation. Just get over it. She was wrong and does not know what she is running for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections