Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 07:21 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Obama Resoles His Shoes While Palin Spends $150K

Daily Kos: State of the Nation

and dont tell me she didnt know.. any woman knows those clothes she got, cost a fortune
The Daily Kos? Are you actually cut and pasting articles from the Daily Kos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 08:30 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
hey man, you'd better watch it, I'm beginning to lean to the right a little bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Please stop highdesertmutz, your dazzling intellect is making me so dizzy.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:37 AM

956 posts, read 1,234,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Presumably they are using their own money, not political contributions.
Really? ... sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Good Lawd! This is just like high school gossip. This has been debunked at least 4 times IN THIS FORUM today. I'm done linking it.......... snopes.. factcheck or NY times all had retractions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
excuse me, wrong again They had to recall the story of the 'snack' saying it wasn't true and their source was wrong. FYI she didnt even have a room there, eat there AT ALL.. LOL...........
Okay, I don't know for sure whether the information is true or untrue for sure without looking into it further.

FYI ... Snopes, factcheck and the NYTimes are all left leaning (at best) organizations. Did you know that???

But I can tell you one thing that is absolutely sure ..... I will never accept as fact anything on this forum that is necessarily "debunked". I just don't see this venue as a source for fact ... I see it as a forum for opinion (including mine) and entertainment and that's it.

But if you want to talk about lies being spread? I suggest you turn the truth mirror on your own candidate who is inundating the airwaves and mailboxes with endless lies and insinuations about Palin, McCain and their policies.

I think Barack Obama is living in a bubble of his own conception of reality and what is true. I can see how that can happen to him. What astounds me is how many Americans are uninformed enough to buy it.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:54 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
Really? ... sure.

Okay, I don't know for sure whether the information is true or untrue for sure without looking into it further.

FYI ... Snopes, factcheck and the NYTimes are all left leaning (at best) organizations. Did you know that???

But I can tell you one thing that is absolutely sure ..... I will never accept as fact anything on this forum that is necessarily "debunked". I just don't see this venue as a source for fact ... I see it as a forum for opinion (including mine) and entertainment and that's it.

But if you want to talk about lies being spread? I suggest you turn the truth mirror on your own candidate who is inundating the airwaves and mailboxes with endless lies and insinuations about Palin, McCain and their policies.

I think Barack Obama is living in a bubble of his own conception of reality and what is true. I can see how that can happen to him. What astounds me is how many Americans are uninformed enough to buy it.
My friend you watch to much Fox news. The reality just maybe is that so many Americans read and watch other sources that they can come to the same conclusion independent of the Obama campaign. Your's truly is one of them.

It would appear that at this point a majority of the electorate and a majority of the world are living in the same bubble as Obama.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:35 AM

345 posts, read 466,999 times
Default Tell the public anything, we are but naive sheep

Palin responded to the clothes expenditures uproar by recently saying, "They are not my property!" How ironic. Palin used the same response as her fellow Alaskan Republican Ted Stevens who said many of the gift goodies in his home "are not my property". Stevens said he was just "holding them". OK Ted, I believe you. Not. The difference between the parties is one group are hypocrites, and the other deny that they are - even though they both are. Duh.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:35 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Oh... so now we know why the Republicans picked Palin - all you wanted was someone who would shop for clothes and look pretty.
Oh, I missed this little stab. And this mentality is only a stab to yourself and other women who think this way.

We Republicans think there's nothing wrong with a woman shopping for clothes and being pretty. Or being a woman for that matter. See, Sarah Palin is not a feminist. She doesn't hate men. And she doesn't hate being a woman either.

The fact that she's a Governor and the best governor in this fine country at this time is nice too. Her professional credentials have no relation to the fact that she's also pretty. But we Republicans noticed that about her too and we don't hold that against her.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:50 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Oh, I missed this little stab. And this mentality is only a stab to yourself and other women who think this way.

We Republicans think there's nothing wrong with a woman shopping for clothes and being pretty. Or being a woman for that matter. See, Sarah Palin is not a feminist. She doesn't hate men. And she doesn't hate being a woman either.

The fact that she's a Governor and the best governor in this fine country at this time is nice too. Her professional credentials have no relation to the fact that she's also pretty. But we Republicans noticed that about her too and we don't hold that against her.
She is in fact the Trophy Candidate!

Old 10-24-2008, 06:50 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,135,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
She is in fact the Trophy Candidate!
Kathleen Parker's op-ed in the Washington Post today talks of the underlying issue.

Something About Sarah

Quote:
My husband called it first. Then, a brilliant 75-year-old scholar and raconteur confessed to me over wine: "I'm sexually attracted to her. I don't care that she knows nothing."

Finally, writer Robert Draper closed the file on the Sarah Palin mystery with a devastating article in this Sunday's New York Times Magazine: "The Making (and Remaking) of McCain."

McCain didn't know her. He didn't vet her. His campaign team had barely an impression. In a bar one night, Draper asked one of McCain's senior advisers: "Leaving aside her actual experience, do you know how informed Governor Palin is about the issues of the day?" . . .

As my husband observed early on, McCain the mortal couldn't mind having an attractive woman all but singing arias to his greatness. Cameras frequently capture McCain beaming like a gold-starred schoolboy while Palin tells crowds that he is "exactly the kind of man I want as commander in chief." This, notes Draper, "seemed to confer not only valor but virility on a 72-year-old politician who only weeks ago barely registered with the party faithful."

It is entirely possible that no one could have beaten the political force known as Barack Obama -- under any circumstances. And though it isn't over yet, it seems clear that McCain made a tragic, if familiar, error under that sycamore tree. Will he join the pantheon of men who, intoxicated by a woman's power, made the wrong call? . . .

Old 10-25-2008, 07:50 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,256,191 times
Default Palin's wearing her own clothes again

NBC ran a clip of Palin's speech today. She made a point of saying she was wearing her own jacket. Too late, Sarah. Actually, she did look a lot better in the designer clothes. Those go go boots with the short skirt. Not.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:54 AM

345 posts, read 466,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
NBC ran a clip of Palin's speech today. She made a point of saying she was wearing her own jacket. Too late, Sarah. Actually, she did look a lot better in the designer clothes. Those go go boots with the short skirt. Not.
Seems obvious to me that some judge us differently if we present in Donna Karan, Vera Wang, or Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss instead of Mary Kay, Penny's - but so be it. A candidate has to make a personal decision to be true to themselves and reject advice on packaging an image, or buy into a fabricated appearance, and while some voters will be drawn toward authenticity they perceive, others will be wooed by the pizazz of fashion style and the perception that knowledge is equated with outward appearances. When was the last time you saw a dowdily dressed news anchor? They sure 'look' sharp on CNN/Fox/Network news, but would you want them making decisions about your family and pocketbook?

Last edited by Ria Rhodes; 10-26-2008 at 12:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections