Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:10 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,642,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
First off I never suggest it was a good choice, a wise choice, or anything to that effect. What I did suggest is that the electorate is so fed up with the Bush era that there would be those people out there who would vote for Ahmadinejad. Take from that what you will. Secondly, it was intended to be no so subtle humor, a use of ab absurdum in order to point out how unhappy many Americans are.

In case you didn't realize, I was actually agreeing with at least half of what you were saying.
I apologize. I honestly am not used to our agreeing on much. I am sorry! I stand corrected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 11:14 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,033,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Bush did a fine job under tough circumstances. 6 years of prosperity with the financial nerve center of our economy destroyed 911, the worst natural disaster in our history Katrina and a housing bust beyond the scope of anything world economies have ever seen.

Kept us safe after the terrorist attacks, at the same time fixing a total Foreign policy blunder by removing saddam huesein.

You've power chugged so much liberal media kool aid. Oloberman talking points
Pretty much sums it up. Democrats don't care who they are voting for, as long as it's not a Republican. But Obama? Come on, you can do better!

Old 11-03-2008, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Pretty much sums it up. Democrats don't care who they are voting for, as long as it's not a Republican. But Obama? Come on, you can do better!
They could do much better. That is where most of my frustration comes from. They are settling, although they won't admit it. They are voting out of the fear of Bush.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:17 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,065,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I see the problem with the Obama supporters. They are so desperate to get away from Bush that they will run to ANYTHING.

That's funny, there were originally 9 Democrats who ran to be the Party's nominee, we didn't choose just anybody, we chose Barack.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:20 PM

8,949 posts, read 11,814,154 times
Quote:
Bush did a fine job under tough circumstances. 6 years of prosperity with the financial nerve center of our economy destroyed 911, the worst natural disaster in our history Katrina and a housing bust beyond the scope of anything world economies have ever seen.

Kept us safe after the terrorist attacks, at the same time fixing a total Foreign policy blunder by removing saddam huesein.

"Kept us safe after the terrorist attacks" Hmmm. If he had been such a great protector, there would have been no terrorist attacks.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:21 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,167,285 times
Quote:

What alternate universe have you been residing in? You just praised the person that contributed or caused or allowed the unfolding of all of the above. Kept us safe? Certainly not from him, Cheney and the rest of their Neocon cronies. They have destroyed our country.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
That's funny, there were originally 9 Democrats who ran to be the Party's nominee, we didn't choose just anybody, we chose Barack.
He saw your desperation and fear of Bush and took advantage of that. He saw that desperation and fear and capitalized on it. He knows exatly what to say and how to say it to push your buttons. He insulted your intellect.

Last edited by Steve_TN; 11-03-2008 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 11-03-2008, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
"Kept us safe after the terrorist attacks" Hmmm. If he had been such a great protector, there would have been no terrorist attacks.
You act if Bush was solely responsible for the attacks. They were planned when your boy Clinton was in office. They did not execute that attack overnight.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:28 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,886,291 times
I know thats what the medias been feeding you for the last 8 years but you really need to start thinking for yourself. A little experience, research and critical thinking rather than being a cheep

bah ha ha ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What alternate universe have you been residing in? You just praised the person that contributed or caused or allowed the unfolding of all of the above. Kept us safe? Certainly not from him, Cheney and the rest of their Neocon cronies. They have destroyed our country.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:30 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,886,291 times
None of those events are the Fault of the current administration. Its kind of hard to dodge hand gernades when they are being tossed from all angles. All things considered dubya has shepperd us through some tough times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections