Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:55 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,661,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Giuliani is a creepy dog. Ask a New Yorker, if you want to know the truth about him. NY firefighters can't stand him and with good reason.

Call him what you want. He was the glue in NYC on 9/11. I was close enough to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 12:00 AM

703 posts, read 857,972 times
Just imagine if righties put all the energy they waste on trying to figure out and make claims about why Obama supporters are voting for him into something constructive.

It doesn't matter why. Just exercise your right and leave the fortune telling to Miss Cleo.

I am happy people are voting on both sides.

I don't feel the need to try and pin people down over it.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:00 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,037,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
I like Obama for Obama but I also dislike Bush and the whole Republican trickle down thing that History Shows every time they try to use it, crashes the economy. A f u?? No Sir, it's called being really worried about our future, but the Repubs do need a good woopin so they will examine where they have gone wrong and stop repeating history.

You must have been in the wrong place, it trickled down to me.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:01 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,661,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varangian View Post
Just imagine if righties put all the energy they waste on trying to figure out and make claims about why Obama supporters are voting for him into something constructive.

It doesn't matter why. Just exercise your right and leave the fortune telling to Miss Cleo.

I am happy people are voting on both sides.

I don't feel the need to try and pin people down over it.
It DOES matter what motivates people to vote as they do. With your view, the social sciences just took a huge hit.

Last edited by Steve_TN; 11-04-2008 at 12:02 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-04-2008, 12:10 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,235,124 times
Folks, just a reminder that there is a topic here.

The Run From Bush

Lets try to stick to this shall we.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
It DOES matter what motivates people to vote as they do. With your view, the social sciences just took a huge hit.
I just really see this as an excuse to cast aspersions on Obama voters. There's nothing wrong with honest debate about it. But that requires that people drop the attitude with regard to why we vote for Obama. I haven't seen that so far. I have seen righties "ask" by telling us why we vote how we do. That's not dialogue, that's just insulting assumption -- "neener, neener, I know you better than you know yourself". I don't see righties accepting our reasons so I am not sure what the point of all this is.

It's such strong theme on this forum that I just can't think it's much else.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:17 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,837,531 times
Nothing like a broad generalization of people with opposing views to get people on your side, eh?

Instead of pretending to have read the minds of people who are going to vote for Obama, please do tell why I should vote for McCain tomorrow?

Old 11-04-2008, 12:18 AM

972 posts, read 1,334,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
You must have been in the wrong place, it trickled down to me.
You must have had a golden parachute

Old 11-04-2008, 12:19 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,837,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varangian View Post
I just really see this as an excuse to cast aspersions on Obama voters. There's nothing wrong with honest debate about it. But that requires that people drop the attitude with regard to why we vote for Obama. I haven't seen that so far. I have seen righties "ask" by telling us why we vote how we do. That's not dialogue, that's just insulting assumption -- "neener, neener, I know you better than you know yourself". I don't see righties accepting our reasons so I am not sure what the point of all this is.

It's such strong theme on this forum that I just can't think it's much else.
x2

The funny thing is when you give them reasons they ignore your posts.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Folks, just a reminder that there is a topic here.

The Run From Bush

Lets try to stick to this shall we.
With all due respect, when the thread starts like this :

"I see the problem with the Obama supporters. They are so desperate to get away from Bush that they will run to ANYTHING.

They don't care what that ANYTHING is, just as long as it's not Rebublican.

It's difficult to stick to "The Run from Bush" when a thread opens with an incrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections