Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:45 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,637,991 times

Advertisements

I see the problem with the Obama supporters. They are so desperate to get away from Bush that they will run to ANYTHING. They don't care what that ANYTHING is, just as long as it's not Rebublican. That is a very dangerous road to take. They are willing to latch on to anybody and anything and blindly follow just to get away from the Republicans. Very often, people who do that, in any situation, end up in worse circumstances than those they were running from. Instead of taking the time to take a serious look at who and what they are running to, they just flee without thought. Obama isn't your only choice to get away from Bush. Remember that when you go to vote, if you haven't already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 10:47 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,362,560 times
Of course he's not my ONLY choice.
He's my PREFERRED choice.

Ken

Old 11-03-2008, 10:52 PM

722 posts, read 1,110,487 times
Lol, I have already said this but I don't actually put all the blame on Bush. I don't agree with a lot of the things he has done, but I don't think this is all his fault. So not sure what I am running from. And LordBalfor is right, there are several non-Bush choices out there.

I don't think McCain is Bush, when he talks I think he sounds quite intelligent. Even when he messes up a little.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:53 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,899,091 times
Hmm. Interesting you would use the word "desperate", as that doesn't really describe Obama supporters at all. Oh the irony...

Old 11-03-2008, 10:55 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Of course he's not my ONLY choice.
He's my PREFERRED choice.

Ken
I have a feeling that this is the general sentiment among the vast majority of the American electorate. At this point, I think there would be a number of American's who would vote for Ahmadinejad over more Bush policies.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Hmm. Interesting you would use the word "desperate", as that doesn't really describe Obama supporters at all. Oh the irony...
So you are willing to say that Obama supporters are not desperate to get away from Bush?

Old 11-03-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I have a feeling that this is the general sentiment among the vast majority of the American electorate. At this point, I think there would be a number of American's who would vote for Ahmadinejad over more Bush policies.

So running to Ahmadinejad would be a wise choice as well? Highly flawed reasoning.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:58 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,469,712 times
I voted for McCain in 2000. I know what my choices are in 2008. I'm with Obama this time around.

I can see and respectfully acknowledge why some people would support McCain/Palin based on their priorities as voters. But a lot of the right wingers on this forum can't seem to see a single logical reason why someone might vote for Obama. That's partisanship, plain and simple.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:03 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,885,281 times
Bush did a fine job under tough circumstances. 6 years of prosperity with the financial nerve center of our economy destroyed 911, the worst natural disaster in our history Katrina and a housing bust beyond the scope of anything world economies have ever seen.

Kept us safe after the terrorist attacks, at the same time fixing a total Foreign policy blunder by removing saddam huesein.

You've power chugged so much liberal media kool aid. Oloberman talking points

Old 11-03-2008, 11:06 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
So running to Ahmadinejad would be a wise choice as well? Highly flawed reasoning.
First off I never suggest it was a good choice, a wise choice, or anything to that effect. What I did suggest is that the electorate is so fed up with the Bush era that there would be those people out there who would vote for Ahmadinejad. Take from that what you will. Secondly, it was intended to be no so subtle humor, a use of ab absurdum in order to point out how unhappy many Americans are.

In case you didn't realize, I was actually agreeing with at least half of what you were saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections