Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 11:05 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
It may have been a blunder on the ambassador's part but he was not misquoted. There was a question asked of him and he answered it in a way that made it look like Obama was born in Kenya. He should be mad, but only because he gave a stupid answer. I would assume that they caught him at a bad time and English is not his first language. That would be the only reason for him to answer the question like he did.
He looks, per his picture, about the same age as Obama. He definintely was NOT the ambassador when Obama was born. Why would he be a credible source to begin with? And why, oh, why, are the conspiracists willing to believe any piece of crap that discredits Obama, but will not take the word of several Hawaiian governmnet officials, including a Republican governor, that O's birth certificate is indeed valid? To me, this points out a "hidden agenda" that has nothing to do with Obama's birthplace and everything to do with getting rid of him by whatever means possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 11:12 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
He looks, per his picture, about the same age as Obama. He definintely was NOT the ambassador when Obama was born. Why would he be a credible source to begin with? And why, oh, why, are the conspiracists willing to believe any piece of crap that discredits Obama, but will not take the word of several Hawaiian governmnet officials, including a Republican governor, that O's birth certificate is indeed valid? To me, this points out a "hidden agenda" that has nothing to do with Obama's birthplace and everything to do with getting rid of him by whatever means possible.
I can't answer your questions because I don't know why people are fixated on this. I doubt the ambassador had a clue what he was saying and it made him look stupid. That is why he was probably so mad. I wish I knew more about the radio station and what they were trying to accomplish. That would be an interesting tid-bit.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:50 AM

998 posts, read 1,513,595 times
I love watching people with high post counts who I have seen mix it up just as much as anyone else, be as snarky as anyone else, pretend that they are above-it-all.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:32 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I think Obama is playing a fine game of "chicken" and some of you can't handle it! He does not answer to Kooter and he doesn't answer to you. He does answer to someone and they have given him a deadline and I imagine that he will comply at that time. To do otherwise would imperil everything and I mean everything that he and everyone around him have worked for. Now, given everything we have seen and known and whether you are an Obama friend or foe is there reason to suspect that Obama in mentally unstable? That is, in effect what you are saying if you truly believe that Obama secretly knows that he is ineligible and is somehow trying to brute force his way into the White House. I have not investigated the issue of McCain's Panamanian birth certificate. Obviously measures were taken by the McCain people to do what was neccessary to assure his eligibility. Explain to me why Obama's situation is any different. This is my first and possibly last comment on this issue. I have watched it rage with bemusement but felt little urge to participate. Darn these slow Saturday nights... ...

H
I actually think it is stupid and just a distraction that our country does not need considering what is going on. I wish Obama would do whatever it takes to put an end to it because the people prolonging it are not about to stop soon.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
I actually think it is stupid and just a distraction that our country does not need considering what is going on. I wish Obama would do whatever it takes to put an end to it because the people prolonging it are not about to stop soon.
We don't know what Obama is doing to stop this stuff. Here is a quote of mine from another one of the eight (count 'em) threads about this topic on this forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
To answer your question, pirate girl, because of stuff like this:

Salon.com News | Why the stories about Obama's birth certificate will never die

"You might think these rumors would have died off after Obama produced proof in June that he was, in fact, born in Hawaii to an American citizen, his mother, Ann, or after Hawaii state officials confirmed in October that he was born there."

And why should he produce stuff that hasn't been requested of anyone else? K-Law official school records, etc. That is just nonsense. The conspiracy folks will never be satified, they believe every piece of crap including youtube videos that disparages Obama, but won't believe the governor of Hawaii. What does that tell you?

Old 12-08-2008, 07:42 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,305,283 times
Quote:
Me too! The people will never stop...until he proves that he is eligible to be our President.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:45 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Me too! The people will never stop...until he proves that he is eligible to be our President.
And then you would come up with some other non sense hurdle for him to jump over.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:47 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
Quote:
LOL--"The people"??? Oh, you mean you and sanrene? Well, it's ok by me if you never stop. Knock yourselves out and I hope you have fun, because it sounds like you're going to be stuck in this rut for a long, long time.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:48 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,305,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
LOL--"The people"??? Oh, you mean you and sanrene? Well, it's ok by me if you never stop. Knock yourselves out and I hope you have fun, because it sounds like you're going to be stuck in this rut for a long, long time.
It's not just a few I can assure you!!!

Old 12-08-2008, 07:50 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
Quote:
It's not just a few I can assure you!!!
Well, I'll add that to all the other things you've "assured" us about that I find so deeply concerning...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections