Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2008, 07:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,827,375 times

Advertisements

How much would a box of chicken parts cost if the disassemblers were paid even minimum wage? But this is a thread in gun control.

I don't care if anyone wants to keep a gun or not. I only care that they do not use it in a criminal manner or let it get into the hands of unsupervised children. I do not want my guns registered with any government and I do not want my selection to be determined by a government. When, where and how I carry a firearm is also my business. What kind of gunI use to protect my family and myself is my business. I am responsile for what ever the bullet does.

Your resident Liberal, GregW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 09:24 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,212,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The "Liberal Media" is run by editors who are only interested in the bottom line and will run whatever sells papers. If they are liberal, it is because that is what their readership wishes to read, meaning the readers must be liberal.

guess that is why alot of newspapers are losing alot of readers. readers understand that newspapers are misleading them and dropping subscriptions because of it.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:33 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,947,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
See above for: Not rational

When Obama signs a bill into law give me a shout.
Wouldn't it be a bit too late, once the bill is signed into law? Why not discuss it now, and maybe have an impact on the decision, instead of waiting to complain about it later?

Old 12-03-2008, 09:36 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,251,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I dont know what point he's trying to make, since Obama hasn't decreed anything about his gun yet. (I'm guessing he's talking about Obama disarming the citizenry, since he posted here.)
I think he will try. But I hope I'm wrong.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
When Americans are loosing jobs left and right because of the economy and these criminals are taking them, and when crime and gangs are increasing all over America because of these illegals, that is a threat. Wake up fella
They can't wake up, they live in their own little dream world.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
I'm wide awake and see a lot of jobs that current citizens won't touch at any price being done by Mexicans and other Latin Americans, fella.
Name ten jobs you think Americans wont do for a fare wage.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
Typical dim witted response. Instead of focusing on the message you try to distract from the point of the message which is that allowing the government to disarm the people is a bad thing. I don't give a dang if it happened 500 years ago, the point is still valid.

I give up! Enjoy being a sheep.
"glitch" |gli ch | informal
noun
a sudden, usually temporary malfunction

NEED I SAY MORE?

Old 12-03-2008, 09:57 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,481,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
That is ABSOLUTE B.S. Totally untrue, and typical false propoganda from the left. Your source for that stat please? Legal gun owners stop crime and physical harm with guns. Happens every day, but the liberal media won't report it. Remember the Grandma in Texas? Only reported because she was an old lady and they could get ratings out of it.
When I get time, I'll find you a link but this is very accurate. Do you remember Columbine and the numerous school shootings that followed? Where did those kids get there guns? Home..How many times do kids shoot themselves with their parents guns, a hell of lot more than that parent shoots an intruder or attacker. My point is simple..No American needs an arsenal in his/her home. What's the point? Because you're free..True but what good does it bring. If you're so scared that you need an arsenal to go sleep, I suggest you move or seek psych help. To say a citizen shoots an intruder everyday is nonsense. If it happens everyday, why'd you only provide one example.

If I have the time, I'll come and tuck you in..

Old 12-03-2008, 10:00 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,481,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
How much would a box of chicken parts cost if the disassemblers were paid even minimum wage? But this is a thread in gun control.

I don't care if anyone wants to keep a gun or not. I only care that they do not use it in a criminal manner or let it get into the hands of unsupervised children. I do not want my guns registered with any government and I do not want my selection to be determined by a government. When, where and how I carry a firearm is also my business. What kind of gunI use to protect my family and myself is my business. I am responsile for what ever the bullet does.

Your resident Liberal, GregW
Do you really need an Ak-47? Really

Old 12-03-2008, 10:02 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,212,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
When I get time, I'll find you a link but this is very accurate. Do you remember Columbine and the numerous school shootings that followed? Where did those kids get there guns? Home..How many times do kids shoot themselves with their parents guns, a hell of lot more than that parent shoots an intruder or attacker. My point is simple..No American needs an arsenal in his/her home. What's the point? Because you're free..True but what good does it bring. If you're so scared that you need an arsenal to go sleep, I suggest you move or seek psych help. To say a citizen shoots an intruder everyday is nonsense. If it happens everyday, why'd you only provide one example.

If I have the time, I'll come and tuck you in..

try reading the armed citizen provided for in the NRA rifleman, it provide examples of ordinary citizens defending themselves from criminals as written about in their local papers.

as far as the school shootings go, how many of those schools allowed teachers or other administrative people go arms? how about none, not allowed according to federal regs. so if you want to blame someone for school shootings, how about blaming the shooters and the feds, as they put into place the regs concerniing firearms and schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections