Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 12:13 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,211,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
For all those who helped elect a corrupt Chicago politician who seems to, along with his buddy the Illinois Governor, have taken the job to scam money for political appointments, are you embarassed by your decision yet?

The Obama administration, while promising to be forthcoming and transparent, has dodged reporters and refuses to release records regarding their involvement in the selling of our political future.

So are you embarassed yet, having fallen for the empty promises of Barack Obama? Or do you still hold out some slim sliver of hope that Barack Obama is going to follow through on any of his campaign promises?

The President-elect is showing himself for what he always was, a liar and a fraud, more interested in his own personal advancement than in improving our country. Hopefully in '12 all of you who voted for this empty suit will wake up and see that a candidate's record speaks louder than mindless rhetoric.
Um, is this a joke? If so, it's pretty amusing. Because I've been extremely pleased with Obama's transition. Sore loser syndrome seems to be in overdrive this year. Hey, even McCain said that nobody likes a sore loser. You might want to heed that advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 12:17 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,221,064 times
Quote:
How about another contest?

You search for threads disparaging President-Elect Obama for allegations which aren't adequately supported by the evidence.

I'll do the same for President Bush.

Wonder who would win that contest.
Obama hasn't yet taken the oath of office. Bush has been in since 2001. Who do you think should have more threads devoted to his failures?

On the other hand, comparing people bashing Obama now, with the relatively rare people worshipping him now - that makes some sense. Also, it addresses your original comment. Your suggestion is just a distraction, meant to hid your inability to back up your statement.

If you don't want to back up your statement that there are so many people here saying that Obama is the greatest, then you don't have to. But at least come up with a better way of hiding that inability.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:19 PM

877 posts, read 2,078,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
SEEMS TO?

Are you in favor of eliminating due process?

In favor of convictions with NO evidence?

Perhaps it's you who should be embarassed.
Admitting you were wrong does not implicate the due process clause of the 5th amendment. You can admit that Obama is bad for this country because he is a Chicago thug without him being convicted of a crime.

Oh, and for all of those who insist on personal attacks based on the thread title and supposed lack of evidence (all of which has been sourced):

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...h-can-you.html
https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...oted-bush.html
https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...oted-bush.html

You anti-Bush fonts of left-wing talking points have been doing the same thing for quite some time on here. I just figured I'd see what the responses would be.

Careful, your bigotry and political hackery is showing.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:30 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,015,955 times
Quote:
For all those who helped elect a corrupt Chicago politician who seems to, along with his buddy the Illinois Governor, have taken the job to scam money for political appointments, are you embarassed by your decision yet?

The Obama administration, while promising to be forthcoming and transparent, has dodged reporters and refuses to release records regarding their involvement in the selling of our political future.

So are you embarassed yet, having fallen for the empty promises of Barack Obama? Or do you still hold out some slim sliver of hope that Barack Obama is going to follow through on any of his campaign promises?

The President-elect is showing himself for what he always was, a liar and a fraud, more interested in his own personal advancement than in improving our country. Hopefully in '12 all of you who voted for this empty suit will wake up and see that a candidate's record speaks louder than mindless rhetoric.
I doubt most who support him would admit it even if they found hard evidence that he even bought his own seat. Where did he come from? He went from a community organizer to senator, how? Certainly not by experience. LOL Appointed by a guy who sells senate seats. Looks like the some of the millions Ayers gave Obama to dole out might have been well spent and that's why he's not acting presidential or presidential-elect like about Blago, he's running pretty scared now that he's about to be exposed, himself. If it's true, his supporters still wouldn't believe it and wouldn't care. I don't care what color his skin is, if he's guilty he shouldn't become president. Put Colin Powell in there for all I care, just not a criminal. And, if it's true, I feel bad for the African American nation b'c this was a long time coming--an A/A president--the last thing they or we need is for it to happen deceitfully. Get p/o'd at me all you want about this but at least make a valid argument and not just more hater-drivel. I'm willing to listen to reason. I'd breathe a huge sigh of relief if it's proved he didn't buy his own seat. It needs to be investigated thoroughly.

Think about it, why do you think Blago was so arrogant and confident when demanding money for the seat? Because it's worked in the past.

Last edited by Whyte Byrd; 12-15-2008 at 12:40 PM..

Old 12-15-2008, 12:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I think this is true for anyone from Illinois who knows anything about the situation, but in the other 49 states Obama's dislike of Blago isn't as well known.

I keep telling people that Blago was the only democratic governor not invited to speak at the dem's convention -- that should really tell you something about their relationship!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
Nope, not embarrassed. Still have to see what he will do as a president. All politicians lie. Even Lincoln said that he would send all the slaves back to Africa after freeing them in order to get that act passed and then said that he would give them citizens' rights. FDR had ties to some unscrupulous characters and organizations. Those are arguably the two greatest presidents this country has ever had but they were still politicians and so they lied in order to get certain groups to back them.
The question really is how embarassed are you in the party that has brought this country so far down in the past eight years?
Please see the above quote from Chicago. There is a lot more on the Chicago and Illinois forums.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:41 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,080,649 times
Where did he come from?

Chicago.

He went from a community organizer to senator, how?

The old fashioned way, he ran for office. He was elected to the State Senate, and then was elected to the U.S. Senate.

Certainly not by experience.

Politicians are not hired via a vitas, but by voters who for whatever reason(s) feel that he has the ability to represent their interest. Which is sort of how it has always been done.d

Appointed by a guy who sells senate seats.

Talk about laughing out loud, he was never appointed by anyone to any office.

Looks like the some of the millions Ayers gave Obama to dole out

Millions of dollars given by Ayers? Someone, please, pass me some of what this poster is smoking.

I feel bad for the African American nation

A new state? Where might I find it?

Old 12-15-2008, 12:45 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Where did he come from?

Chicago.
I was actually speaking more about experience, not geographic location.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:49 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,489,971 times
If you are a neoconservative this is a win win win situation.

So Obama steps in face jabs his far left liberal loonies put's his arm around many of the neo-conservatives and strongly embraces the economic policies of Bush.

I'm at a cross road. Do I disagree with him because of the (D) or do I embrace him because he is really a neocon. And whichever I pick Chicago politics is finally front page after 2 years of

Old 12-15-2008, 12:50 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,080,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I was actually speaking more about experience, not geographic location.
So, if that is the case, can I assume that your other questions were adequately answered.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
So, if that is the case, can I assume that your other questions were adequately answered.
I'm still googling. If I've been misinformed (about Obama being assigned a seat by Blago) I apologize. I was grossly misinformed if that's not true. But it doesn't mean Obama's clean yet even if that part's cleared up.

As for the A/A nation, that's just a way to identify one race, it doesn't refer to geographics, just as we say the Native American nation--the people as a whole, not that we think they have their own state or country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections